Dalton needs to go

There are plenty of other (and I mean PLENTY) of other positional needs before we look at the QB.

As said earlier, get a good OL and Andy is the man for the job.

But with this OL and our lack of LB's we're always going to get scored heavily against and when No.14 doesn't have enough time to throw the ball and no AJ to pull down an amazing reception, he's gonna look like a bad QB.

Dalton isn't a top 5 QB. But he's not being paid like one either.

The problem is the Bengals aren't using the money saved from him

to build a better team around him. 

Not many QBs in NFL history could win with this O-line and those LBs.

Dalton is way down on the list of why this team isn't winning.

42 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Dalton isn't a top 5 QB. But he's not being paid like one either.

The problem is the Bengals aren't using the money saved from him

to build a better team around him. 

Not many QBs in NFL history could win with this O-line and those LBs.

Dalton is way down on the list of why this team isn't winning.

Like I said, Patrick Mahomes can't tackle any better than Vigil or run block better than Andre Smith.   The Bengals are averaging 29.5 yards per game rushing.   SF averaged 6.8 yards per carry. Putrid.

Worse is our new draft picks pretty much are no shows or hurt.  Does Patterson even play?  Nothing on the stat sheet.  Sample isn't a good run blocker and has 2 catches this year.  Jordan got carted off.   Looks like another wasted draft.  Hopefully, ole What's his Name can actually play the game but we have 14 games of this shit left. 

Team is rebuilding whether they admit it or not. I'd say if the they have a 1 or 2 and something record by the trade deadline they might as well see what they can get for Dalton, Dre, Gio. Dalton can win games but you need amazing talent around him which the bengals dont and wont have for a couple years at least. 

I am a Dalton fan, with the realization that he will never be Brady. However, it was not Dalton's fault that there is no Bengal within 10 yards of 49'er receivers all day long, and that they entire defense forgot how to tackle. Dre needs to be cut today. He can't cover anyone close enough to challenge a pass, and when the pass is caught, half the time he whiffs on the tackle. Andy may not be elite, but he far from the biggest problem with this team. I thought after the Seattle game, they would be better than expected, Next week will be the tell. If they fall flat on their face again, it is going to be a very, very long season. There is a good possibility that the Monday night game will be for the first win for either the Bengals or the stealers.

26 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

If I'm Mike Brown, first call I make this morning will be to Trent Williams and the Redskins.

I'd be willing to part with 2nd and 4th round picks

And Trent Williams would laugh and say, "No thanks."   There are easily 15 better teams that would make a more enjoyable fit to include New England and SF49ers who both lost tackles this weekend. 

If he survives this season, Andy Dalton will the most sacked QB in the league. Yes, he was lackluster yesterday but he has ZERO time to throw and the running game is totally non-existent. I'm happy to pile on Dalton when he deserves it but the guy has zero chance right now and is still limping by. The sad reality is that the WR, RB and TE group is looking very solid but simply will have no chance to really have a true impact. 

Dalton is not the problem, but the reality is, a 31 year old QB is not the future. I'm not sure Finley is the answer either., Neither is a 31 year old wide receiver. We have to rebuild and I'm not sure this organization is capable of it.  This team hasn't done anything relevant in 30 years. Thirty fucking years! That's why fans boo and why they don't spend hundreds of dollars to go to a game.  That's why the stadium is practically empty.  They knew this team needed OL help when Boling retired and Jonah got hurt. So what do they do?? Go out and sign out of shape  Andre Smith for cheap and do nothing else. The LBr's have been a joke for as long as I can remember. Atkins and Dunlap are getting long in the tooth. Kirkpatrick shouldn't even be on this team.  What a joke. And please...stop wearing the black on black uniforms. Have we ever won a game in those?

11 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Whomever put this roster together needs to be fired, going into the season with this oline and LB corp was a disaster waiting to happen. 

100% this..  But nobody is getting fired because as long as they have enough bodies to play on Sundays the NFL checks keep coming.   The primary goal of the Cincinnati Bengals is making sure none of the extended Brown family ever have to hold a real job.  All this football stuff is just something they need to make a show of for a few months a year so the gravy train keeps running.  We talk about how they should trade for this guy or sign that free agent next year but what player worth a damn would want to come to this team? All we get are washed up vets looking for that last paycheck & low expectations. No team seriously trying to win games would start the season with 2 LB's and Andre Smith at LT.   They clearly don't give a shit.  A couple of more games like yesterday & I won't either - another season of maybe putting the Bengals games on the TV as background noise while I do other stuff I enjoy.

19 hours ago, Spotto said:

There are plenty of other (and I mean PLENTY) of other positional needs before we look at the QB.

As said earlier, get a good OL and Andy is the man for the job.

But with this OL and our lack of LB's we're always going to get scored heavily against and when No.14 doesn't have enough time to throw the ball and no AJ to pull down an amazing reception, he's gonna look like a bad QB.

I agree with a caveat.  If we are picking in the top 5 (which I still don't think happens, 10-12, but not top 5) and Tua or Herbert is there, I would take them.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I agree with a caveat.  If we are picking in the top 5 (which I still don't think happens, 10-12, but not top 5) and Tua or Herbert is there, I would take them.

same.

I do think Andy is about the least of our problems, but if we suck that bad.. it might be time to start over.

33 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

same.

I do think Andy is about the least of our problems, but if we suck that bad.. it might be time to start over.

It was time to start over 4 years ago.  Their unwillingness to do so sums up this team right now but they just keep digging.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

10-12?  This team is averaging 29.5 yards per game rushing.  The rest of the NFL already knows the Bengals can’t run.  They also know they can’t defend the run.  We are picking 3rd or 4th. 

I've been a huge Dalton critic over the years. We passed up Lamar Jackson. Now Baltimore looks like they could possibly be building a dynasty.  

Could've been us. 

Dalton is decent. I'd like to see him on a team like the cheifs or Pat's. That would tell us if he's just decent or really good but stuck on the horrible Bengals. 

Looks like we lose the next two on the road then come home and lose again to Arizona. 

If Bengals go 1-15 and have one of the worst season attendance ratings in modern NFL era,,, they will probably announce team is moving.  

Archived