Dalton needs to go

4 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

I've been a huge Dalton critic over the years. We passed up Lamar Jackson. Now Baltimore looks like they could possibly be building a dynasty.  

Could've been us. 

Dalton is decent. I'd like to see him on a team like the cheifs or Pat's. That would tell us if he's just decent or really good but stuck on the horrible Bengals. 

Looks like we lose the next two on the road then come home and lose again to Arizona. 

If Bengals go 1-15 and have one of the worst season attendance ratings in modern NFL era,,, they will probably announce team is moving.  

The thing is attendance sucks in a lot of places.  The game is better on TV. 

The last few NFL games I have attended have been full of angry, aggressive drunks.  (I've got noting against drunks, just too damn old for fights.)  Just not worth it.

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

10-12?  This team is averaging 29.5 yards per game rushing.  The rest of the NFL already knows the Bengals can’t run.  They also know they can’t defend the run.  We are picking 3rd or 4th. 

I'm not saying we are going to become a great running team, but it will improve.  Our first 2 games were against 2 of the best front 7s in the NFL.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:35 AM, Jason said:

I'm not saying we are going to become a great running team, but it will improve.  Our first 2 games were against 2 of the best front 7s in the NFL.

If Cordy Glenn does not return I cant see us competitive in most games. Our defense and lack of linebackers has been figured out. 

EDIT:The Bengals have allowed an opponent passer rating of 133.2 through losses to the Seahawks and 49ers, and if that doesn't improve soon, it won't matter how much of a difference Zac Taylor's offensive designs can make.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

If Cordy Glenn does not return I cant see us competitive in most games. Our defense and lack of linebackers has been figured out. 

So much this ☝🏽

And I'm not 100% sold on Cordy Glenn.

He's a placeholder until they can get someone better.

Considering the Bengals buzzard luck with first round draft picks,

I can see Jonah the Whale going belly up and being meh at best.

As far as Andy, we all know there is Good Andy and Bad Andy.

I thought Bad Andy was most apparent with overthrows of Sample and

Tate that should have been nice gains or even TD's (if there were no penalties

on the O Line ...  a big IF) if catchable.

Speaking of catchable, Ross needs to hold on to a few more before being

anointed the second coming of Joe Willie Mammyjammer.

Andy had a horrible game.  No question.

But we don't have anything close to a linebacker who can prevent big gains outside

the ends.  Where was Pratt after all the preseason hoo-ha?

Andy isn't a rifle, he's a roller coaster.

And we're along for the ride.

On 9/16/2019 at 9:53 AM, SmoothD said:

If I'm Mike Brown, first call I make this morning will be to Trent Williams and the Redskins.

I'd be willing to part with 2nd and 4th round picks

I don't think an owner can talk to a player on another team.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

I don't think an owner can talk to a player on another team.

Regardless, I just don't see the guy agreeing to come here.  We are back in early 2000 mode where good players simply won't come here unless the money is way more than somewhere else.   And the cold hard fact is they should be doing almost anything to bring this guy in.  Taylor will never get this team going if he doesn't have a reasonably good o line.  They have no idea if Johnah will be the guy but the fact remains Glenn and Hart should only be backups and Smith should not be on any roster.   The Rams offense improved dramatically once Whitworth arrived. 

And to be fair, I have no idea if the front office has been frantically working on something or not.  My guess is they have because the current situation is having a devastating effect on attendance.  40k show up at your home opener many of them NOT Bengal fans?  Only 50k seats were sold which is only 77% of capacity for opening day?  That is the worst in the NFL by ALOT.  They are easily going to lose $8 to $12mil in revenue from tickets and concessions if all of the outstanding tickets go unsold and nobody shows up at the stadium.  

I have to guess they are trying to make some deals but nobody wants to come here and the front office isn't going to tell the world they tried to get someone like Williams but he said no. 

Dalton is a GOOD QB.  His problem is the mistakes that don't show up in the stats.  Like botching a handoff early in the game, allowing the ball to slip out of your hands for a fumble inside the 20 at Seattle, throwing the ball out of bounds when trying to hit an open receiver deep, running past the LOS and throwing the ball...oh and these all happened within the first two games of this season.  Andy is good enough to win games, but he's always going to make those ugly plays the stop momentum and get it rolling in the other direction.  The lack of talent on the offensive line and our LBs are the biggest issues, but Andy isn't good enough to win games by himself so we need a lot of help if we're going to win with AD as our QB.

2 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Dalton is a GOOD QB.  His problem is the mistakes that don't show up in the stats.  Like botching a handoff early in the game, allowing the ball to slip out of your hands for a fumble inside the 20 at Seattle, throwing the ball out of bounds when trying to hit an open receiver deep, running past the LOS and throwing the ball...oh and these all happened within the first two games of this season.  Andy is good enough to win games, but he's always going to make those ugly plays the stop momentum and get it rolling in the other direction.  The lack of talent on the offensive line and our LBs are the biggest issues, but Andy isn't good enough to win games by himself so we need a lot of help if we're going to win with AD as our QB.

Totally agree but unless we could pull off some sort of Brett Favre, Steve Young or Brees miracle trade whoever takes his place will probably be new.  The history of the league is full of can't miss QBs who got the living crap beat out of them behind garbage lines and never lived up to their full potential.  Derrek Carr, Tim Couch, Archie Manning, Sam Bradford, Jake Plummer, Andrew Luck to name a few.   Troy Aikman was basically done at age 33 due to the beating he took. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Regardless, I just don't see the guy agreeing to come here.  We are back in early 2000 mode where good players simply won't come here unless the money is way more than somewhere else.   And the cold hard fact is they should be doing almost anything to bring this guy in.  Taylor will never get this team going if he doesn't have a reasonably good o line.  They have no idea if Johnah will be the guy but the fact remains Glenn and Hart should only be backups and Smith should not be on any roster.   The Rams offense improved dramatically once Whitworth arrived. 

And to be fair, I have no idea if the front office has been frantically working on something or not.  My guess is they have because the current situation is having a devastating effect on attendance.  40k show up at your home opener many of them NOT Bengal fans?  Only 50k seats were sold which is only 77% of capacity for opening day?  That is the worst in the NFL by ALOT.  They are easily going to lose $8 to $12mil in revenue from tickets and concessions if all of the outstanding tickets go unsold and nobody shows up at the stadium.  

I have to guess they are trying to make some deals but nobody wants to come here and the front office isn't going to tell the world they tried to get someone like Williams but he said no. 

I don't think they are trying to get T. Williams. They have a 1st round LT who's injured (surprise, surprise). There certainly has/had to be someone better than A. Smith as a stop-gap. That just reeks of a cheap signing to me.  The pathetic attendance is because this team hasn't been relevant for 30 years. Three lost generations of potential fans. It's hard to believe that's just an accident.  Why would anyone spend hundreds of dollars to go see a game?  Why would fans be excited? No AJ, No O-line, Same 20 year problem at LB and most can't stand the owner. It's going to take a lot of work to win back this fanbase. 

57 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

I don't think they are trying to get T. Williams. They have a 1st round LT who's injured (surprise, surprise). There certainly has/had to be someone better than A. Smith as a stop-gap. That just reeks of a cheap signing to me.  The pathetic attendance is because this team hasn't been relevant for 30 years. Three lost generations of potential fans. It's hard to believe that's just an accident.  Why would anyone spend hundreds of dollars to go see a game?  Why would fans be excited? No AJ, No O-line, Same 20 year problem at LB and most can't stand the owner. It's going to take a lot of work to win back this fanbase. 

I don’t know if they are trying for Williams but I agree with the rest of your post. Apathy can only be fixed with winning. 

9 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

Andy isn't the worst issue but this is spot on, he needs to be accountable as an 8 year pro making some of these mistakes.

Never dumped on him before but I'm concerned what I'm seeing out of him.

Throwing beyond the los is inexcusable behind any line no matter how terrible. Missing wide open guys with no pressure.

Misreading the defense for the open guy numerous times.

Bengals need to think QB in the next draft after rebuilding an oline.

Andy was staring down players.

I think this has been a problem in the past.

Every, or so it seemed, screen or swing pass to the outside, 

would be watching that side of the field waiting for his target

to appear or get open.

Rushed, yeah, for sure.

But look one way and turn and throw the other would have given

the opposing D something to think about.

Then there was overthrowing open receivers...

Everyone knows what Dalton is. If he was the weakest link we could discuss moving on but this team now has multiple weak links due to recent poor drafting and personnel decisions. Throwing a good young prospect into this shit show will only make things worse not better. Young QB's have to be put in a position to succeed. Right now, we cant even get a veteran in a position to succeed. 

3 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Redskins reportedly turned down the Patriots offer of a 1st round pick last month

Not that he'd ever come here and not that we'd ever make such a bold move...but in all fairness...the Pats 1st round pick could very well be about the same (~#32 overall) as what our 2nd round pick is starting to look like at the current rate.  Hopefully that's not the case, but just saying that in equivalent value charts a high 2nd and 4th are about the same as a late 1st.  But obviously who wouldn't rather go to #teamslikethepatriots.

He doesn't have a no-trade clause, so he'll go to whoever the hell trades for him. Or sit, then the trade is nullified.

Not that all of these entertainers aren't totally self-centered (such as Ramsey or LegoHead), but maybe once hear about an athlete committed to his team and city--regardless of the record--who is going to be a part of the solution? 

Yeah, right...loyalty from mercenaries. 

1 hour ago, OU_Stripes said:

Arizona.

And.

Miami.

Yeah, I'm really curious to see how the Ravens do against the Chiefs this weekend.  That will be very telling of the AFC leaders not named the Patriots IMHO...well...except for the media darling Browns of course.  :ph34r:

1 minute ago, PatternMaster said:

Another classic Dalton performance, good enough to lose by a little bit.

That last pass was awful, he had two guys wide open on the left side of the field and threw it behind Tate into triple coverage...it's going to be a long season. 

Yeah.  He's not all that great, but they are four players short on the OL to being competitive.

Archived