Dalton needs to go

4 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

I guess better linemen will keep defenders engaged longer but damn, what did he have, 3 or 4 tipped/batted passes?

That is 100% on the OL, it's not like he's Doug Flutie back there making jump shots.  Good blockers would put a guy on his ass if his feet left the ground.

2 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

Jonah Williams, Price/Jordan, Hopkins, Free Agent, Draft pick....2020 SB Champs!!!

“What is what does a meth addict say?”  

Trebek:”You are correct”

“I will take Junkie Quotes for 800.”

Dalton is Trent Dilfer in a Bengals uniform.  Not very good, but better than putting a random QB behind a God awful offensive line. 

Daniel Jones looked good for the NY Giants behind a line that could stand no more of Bobby Hart and John Jerry.  They are stalwarts for Mike Brown.

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

true for some, and yet everything is his fault to others.

he was shit this week though....that's for sure.

He is averaging 43 pass attempts per game which is 5 more per game than Patrick MaHomes.   Bengals are averaging 42 yards rushing per game and have the worst yards per rush in the league.  That means play action is worthless since the other team knows they can't run.   So everyone knows Dalton will have to throw and everyone knows the o line sucks.   Great recipe for disaster.  Add in Ross turning back into John Ross with drops and fumbles.   Auden Tate and Boyd show up at least. 

Eifert just no longer that dangerous and what ever happened to that TE they signed for a guaranteed $6.25 mil in the offseason:  6 targets the entire year? CJ Sample or something.  Oh Sample has 3 targets this year, great use of the 2nd round pick.  

46 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He is averaging 43 pass attempts per game which is 5 more per game than Patrick MaHomes.   Bengals are averaging 42 yards rushing per game and have the worst yards per rush in the league.  That means play action is worthless since the other team knows they can't run.   So everyone knows Dalton will have to throw and everyone knows the o line sucks.   Great recipe for disaster.  Add in Ross turning back into John Ross with drops and fumbles.   Auden Tate and Boyd show up at least. 

Eifert just no longer that dangerous and what ever happened to that TE they signed for a guaranteed $6.25 mil in the offseason:  6 targets the entire year? CJ Sample or something.  Oh Sample has 3 targets this year, great use of the 2nd round pick.  

They have done analysis on this and I believe the conclusion was that play action is still effective regardless of how well or how often you actually run the ball.

To not call any play action passes in the first half when that is supposed to be your identity is pretty staggering. 

I’d call it stupid if it was Marvin, so the same applies to the Zac Attack. 

The moral of the story is this: When the entire team is a giant piece of shit, it's really hard to pick out one kernel of corn. They've all overflowed the outhouse.

The O-Line sucked last year, and they're worse this year. The LB's sucked last year, and they're a year older this year.

If you can stop the run and pressure the QB rushing 4, then your offense is going to struggle. No matter what. It's why LT's are so valuable - and we're starting Andre Smith. If any of us had to play Dalton's position behind that line we'd lose too many yards slipping in our own urine as it streamed down our leg.

If your only strength is your front 4, play action and misdirection can get them out of the game and expose your weak back end. And 210 pound safeties taking on 230lb. running backs all game long is a bad recipe.

We knew this coming into the season. When does it get fixed? Dunno. But hey, we got Joe Mixon. And Drew Sample.

25 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

They have done analysis on this and I believe the conclusion was that play action is still effective regardless of how well or how often you actually run the ball.

To not call any play action passes in the first half when that is supposed to be your identity is pretty staggering. 

I’d call it stupid if it was Marvin, so the same applies to the Zac Attack. 

I think if you have a good offensive line you are 100% correct.  I just think Dalton spending an extra half second executing a play fake when Andre Smith is trying to block anyone has to be considered. 

53 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I think if you have a good offensive line you are 100% correct.  I just think Dalton spending an extra half second executing a play fake when Andre Smith is trying to block anyone has to be considered. 

The idea is that the fake run should slow the pass rushers down. I don’t know if that is truly the case, but from what I’ve seen from the offensive line and from Dalton, may as well give it a shot. Things can’t get any worse.

1 hour ago, Madieu Superstar said:

The idea is that the fake run should slow the pass rushers down. I don’t know if that is truly the case, but from what I’ve seen from the offensive line and from Dalton, may as well give it a shot. Things can’t get any worse.

Dalton could die.  

Archived