Dalton needs to go

53 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Make the damn catch.

AJ is one of the few who could've caught that one.  Unfortunately we won't have him for at least another week or two.  

As far as this topic is concerned, it's hard to watch a performance like yesterday's first half and not think Dalton's days are numbered. It's mostly because of his contract situation, but also the fact that we are trending towards a top 5 pick.

They won't be 0-16 bad...or even 2-14/3-13 bad. So the Tua miracle will not occur. Not even a Jared Goff.

Was watching that Washington State cat the other night...and while Leach's system is frenetic pass pinball...guy had some stuff..8 TD's and 570 yards. Very good line in front of him though. 

Small details. There is no quick QB fix--even if needed--without those small details being addressed. 

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

They won't be 0-16 bad...or even 2-14/3-13 bad. So the Tua miracle will not occur. Not even a Jared Goff.

Was watching that Washington State cat the other night...and while Leach's system is frenetic pass pinball...guy had some stuff..8 TD's and 570 yards. Very good line in front of him though. 

Small details. There is no quick QB fix--even if needed--without those small details being addressed. 

I agree with this.  The team could easily be 2-1 if the red zone offense was any good or Bullock makes a makeable field goal.  That said it is nowhere near the talent level of a New England or Kansas City so a best case scenario in a bad division was we sneak into the playoffs only to get dispatched once again.  Starting off 0-3 and starting 2 backup tackles ended the best case road so I figure we are looking at 5-11. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

1st Rule as a receiver: if the ball touches the hands, catch it.

2nd Rule: if it cannot be caught, don't touch it.

But, since everything is Daton/Dayton's fault, brick-handed UDFA receivers are exempt.

Rule 2 doesnt apply when there are 16 seconds left and you are losing. Plus, every receiver is going to try and catch any ball he can touch. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

1st Rule as a receiver: if the ball touches the hands, catch it.

2nd Rule: if it cannot be caught, don't touch it.

But, since everything is Daton/Dayton's fault, brick-handed UDFA receivers are exempt.

I'm not sure that's how they coach it in the NFL.  Either way, it was a garbage throw high and behind his target.  A better WR might have caught it, but Dalton has to make a better throw with the game on the line.  

59 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm not sure that's how they coach it in the NFL.  Either way, it was a garbage throw high and behind his target.  A better WR might have caught it, but Dalton has to make a better throw with the game on the line.  

Or maybe look at someone else, he had thrown the ball to Tate 3 times on that drive, so obviously the defense was keying on him.

He threw a bad pass into triple coverage with the game on the line,  when he had Boyd and Eifert in single coverage and open on the left side of the field. 

A nine year veteran should not make rookie mistakes,  but that is where we are with Dalton. 

23 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Or maybe look at someone else, he had thrown the ball to Tate 3 times on that drive, so obviously the defense was keying on him.

He threw a bad pass into triple coverage with the game on the line,  when he had Boyd and Eifert in single coverage and open on the left side of the field. 

A nine year veteran should not make rookie mistakes,  but that is where we are with Dalton. 

Bengals fans aren't the only ones that know Dalton locks in on receivers. 

Dalton is an OK quarterback.  If you are expecting him to win games himself, you are going to lose a lot of games.  He has to have help.  Yes, having a QB that can do it himself is nice, but none of those are on the Bengals, or 20 other teams for that matter, roster.

OK...one more time: the play was obviously not a check down play...it was a designed quick toss to either Tate on a middle slant or Willis on a cross. Neither Eifert or Boyd were to be involved. That isn't insider info, just a read from the formation. Didn't work, nothing career-deficient about it.

Doesn't fit the fan overview, so whatever.

13 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Exactly.  Those two were clearly wide open.  There would have still been plenty of time on the clock left.  Eifert may have been able to get out of bounds without using a timeout there.  

Also, i think they should have used a timeout instead of clocking the ball.  It would have been 2 and 5 with just over 20 seconds left in the game with plenty of time to gain some yards and clock it after a first down or get out of bounds.  Then they are left with 3 plays to the endzone.  Probably six in one hand, half dozen in the other, but just a thought.  

After a promising start in Week 1, Dalton has struggled over the last two weeks, and he has the 11th-highest rate of uncatchable passes on throws beyond the line of scrimmage. He’s not complementing the misses either, with the 21st-highest rate of positively graded throws and 24th-highest percentage of big-time throws. The pass blocking hasn’t helped — Dalton has faced pressure on 34.0% of his dropbacks so far — but Dalton has managed the 10th-best passer rating when pressured, at 96.1.

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Dalton is what he is. And we all know it. He is streaky and his play drops off in critical situations. He is not about to change but until the OL is fixed, no use throwing someone else to the wolves

I would say the oline has played well enough for the Bengals to be 2-1, which would be 1st place in the division. 

Dalton has made some inexcusable errors in both the Seattle and Bills games that was the difference between a loss and a victory. 

20 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

You know as wrll as I do Dalton is skattergun at times...

It wont change...

Archived