Dalton needs to go

6 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

Exactly.  Those two were clearly wide open.  There would have still been plenty of time on the clock left.  Eifert may have been able to get out of bounds without using a timeout there.  

Also, i think they should have used a timeout instead of clocking the ball.  It would have been 2 and 5 with just over 20 seconds left in the game with plenty of time to gain some yards and clock it after a first down or get out of bounds.  Then they are left with 3 plays to the endzone.  Probably six in one hand, half dozen in the other, but just a thought.  

More likely an injury time out while they carted him off the field.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:31 PM, Le Tigre said:

OK...one more time: the play was obviously not a check down play...it was a designed quick toss to either Tate on a middle slant or Willis on a cross. Neither Eifert or Boyd were to be involved. That isn't insider info, just a read from the formation. Didn't work, nothing career-deficient about it.

Doesn't fit the fan overview, so whatever.

What? He threw a bad pass. The receiver was open. That is career-deficient. A good QB makes that throw to a 6’5 WR 10 out 10 times. 

19 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

What? He threw a bad pass. The receiver was open. That is career-deficient. A good QB makes that throw to a 6’5 WR 10 out 10 times. 

Lets be real, the term "Good Andy, Bad Andy" would not exist if the guy could hit wide open receivers in critical situations and big games consistently. 

2 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

The comment was a counter to the "Eifert and Boyd were wide open" mirage. It was NOT a check-down play to go to their side (patently obvious from the film). Quick hitter to either Tate or Willis. OK, let's call it a bad pass...let's call it maybe bad positioning...call it whatever. But don't call it a mistake for "missing" Eifert or Boyd. If there is issue with that...call out the HC or the OC.   

26 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

The comment was a counter to the "Eifert and Boyd were wide open" mirage. It was NOT a check-down play to go to their side (patently obvious from the film). Quick hitter to either Tate or Willis. OK, let's call it a bad pass...let's call it maybe bad positioning...call it whatever. But don't call it a mistake for "missing" Eifert or Boyd. If there is issue with that...call out the HC or the OC.   

Didnt say the play wasnt designed to go towards Tate.  Clearly it was and clearly a bad ball was thrown.  Was just pointing out that they were very much wide open on the other side of the field.  As you said, thats on the play design coming from the coach.  However, although he is young and inexperienced, my money is on Tate in that situation most definitely in a jump ball situation.  Problem was, the ball was not only thrown high, which could have been adjusted to with someone of Tate's size and ability, but it was thrown behind him as well.  Terrible throw.  As SF eluded to, this has been going on for years with the Tale of Two QBs, Andy Dalton.  He played mind numbingly terrible in this one (mostly in the first half). 

2 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Andy will have made almost $100 million at the end of his 2020 contract.  It would not surprise me to see him walk away and do God's work.

What, open up a mega church and rip off idiots for another $100 mil?

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Or a mosque...or a Hebrew temple...or a Buddist shrine? Why not offend the other 2/3 of the world's belief systems while you are at it? 

I think if you look at the long list of corrupt mega church pastors they all have one thing in common.  And I am not offending anyone's belief system, I am offending corrupt men and women who wrap themselves in the Bible in order to take advantage of those looking for something in their lives.  The followers who can see no wrong with a pastor who needs a Gulfstream Jet or buys his wife a Lamborghini SUV with church funds are the idiots. 

Oh bullshit. You are selectively carving out a portion of a faith group and applying it to all. And then, for some odd reason, try to bring in an NFL quarterback into the hate-filled attack. Might as well bring Drew Brees in too then. 

I'll wait for your application of this to other faiths...but I figure it will be a long wait, as even broad brush-stroke nothings take some research. 

On 9/26/2019 at 8:46 PM, tibor75 said:

Dalton needed to go years ago.  He's a bum.  You won't get close to the Super Bowl with him.  The fact that Bengal fans can't realize this simple and basic fact is baffling.

My God! He's alive! Good to hear from you.It would be great if we could somehow coordinate some of us old timers to go to a game and enjoy...beer,lol

Archived