Dalton needs to go

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

It doesn’t take nearly that much money to hire a competent GM and fire Tobin. 

No, but it would cost more than keeping him.  Same for DreK, Ross, Hart... 

I think we're all pretty much on the same page as far as that goes, just don't see much point in getting worked up demanding changes we all know aren't coming from this organization.  

39 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

No, but it would cost more than keeping him.  Same for DreK, Ross, Hart... 

I think we're all pretty much on the same page as far as that goes, just don't see much point in getting worked up demanding changes we all know aren't coming from this organization.  

Unfortunately, you are correct.  Dont let it go to your head!

• 2 weeks later...
Andy Dalton isn't the answer vintage Dalton today. He chokes happy hands turn overs and doesn't regret what he does. We can't blame Zac Taylor but Dalton chokes under pressure no play off wins or can't even win the big game  us fans deserve better Taylor needs a chance but Dalton chokes time to move on. He has the same problem Danny white or tony Romo can't win the big one draft a quarter back doh!!!!!!

Yeah Dalton’s the reason we can’t run the ball, block the opposing defense or stop the run.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

On 10/9/2019 at 9:47 AM, T-Dub said:

Yeah, if..  But it's not.  Again, this franchise can't sell out playoff games.  I think the Browns are perfectly happy with their 8-8 baseline for success & their guaranteed income.  What evidence have you seen that they aren't?

Actually, playoff game ticket revenue is split among the league.  Regular season games more profitable.

If the Bengals were a perennial contender that stadium would be packed.  Cincinnati is dying for a team to get excited about.  The Bengals may have made 5 straight playoff games, but everyone knew they were going to screw it up and they did every single time.  That is  one of Marvin Lewis' legacies.  When the lights come on, embarrassing failure is on the way. 

The evidence I see is that every time Brown made a coaching change is was when the stadium was getting really empty.  If the team has some kind of hope, and fans show up, he stands pat. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

If the Bengals were a perennial contender that stadium would be packed. 

I'm not so sure, they've had a hard time selling out the stadium for playoff games.  Of course it doesn't help that PBS has all the character of a parking garage.

PBS isn't all that bad. From a pure viewing standpoint, there really is not a bad seat in the house. 

I've been to the Mega Pleasure Palaces--like JerryWorld. All kinds of glittery things and stimulation--but the seats/views are about the same all things being equal. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

PBS isn't all that bad. From a pure viewing standpoint, there really is not a bad seat in the house. 

I've been to the Mega Pleasure Palaces--like JerryWorld. All kinds of glittery things and stimulation--but the seats/views are about the same all things being equal. 

The layout is fine it's just.. everything else about it is pretty blah.   Granted I haven't been in there in a few years but compared to GABP it was pretty bare bones.  Of course the county is supposed to pay for millions in improvements at some point so fuck it, the tacky vinyl banners are good enough for this organization.  They should have tractor pulls on off weekends like the old Astrodome so at least there'd be some life in the place.

As an aside...before it was finally put out of its misery, the Pontiac Siverdome (Detroit) used to have skateboard competitions in the decaying interior of the building. 

Now there was a place that was almost Soviet-era blah...but I saw more events in that building than I can count. NFL, NBA, NCAA basketball, concerts. The memories. 

11 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

As an aside...before it was finally put out of its misery, the Pontiac Siverdome (Detroit) used to have skateboard competitions in the decaying interior of the building. 

Now there was a place that was almost Soviet-era blah...but I saw more events in that building than I can count. NFL, NBA, NCAA basketball, concerts. The memories. 

That's the Astrodome for me, minus the bball & concerts which were at the Summit.  That's Joel Oilsheen's megachurch now. 

They'd truck in a dirt floor at the Dome & so much dust/exhaust smoke/horseshit would get kicked up (depending) that at times you couldn't see the stands on the other side of the venue.  

I think it’s time to throw a different QB in, not because I think it would magically shift their ability to win games, but because I think you need to see what you’ve got in Finley and co. Also, send a message to both Dalton and the fan base that there will be no more Dalton next year.

1 minute ago, thezerawkid said:

I think it’s time to throw a different QB in, not because I think it would magically shift their ability to win games, but because I think you need to see what you’ve got in Finley and co. Also, send a message to both Dalton and the fan base that there will be no more Dalton next year.

1000% agree. No reason not to do this. The deck is stacked with all the injuries but Dalton is a shell of himself, which was barely above average to begin with. Any other position the guy would be benched, he shouldn’t be immune to it

Gonna say it again:

On pace for 50+ sacks on the year.  Why not ride it out with Dalton until he can't suit up?  Finley might have something, there's no reason to throw that away too.

And FFS let Mixon take some of those hits.  What are we saving him for?

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Gonna say it again:

On pace for 50+ sacks on the year.  Why not ride it out with Dalton until he can't suit up?  Finley might have something, there's no reason to throw that away too.

And FFS let Mixon take some of those hits.  What are we saving him for?

Couple thoughts here:

Getting Finley real game reps, if he is even being considered a little bit to take over for Dalton moving forward, would be invaluable. Nothing more I’d love than to see Dalton as a piñata...except progress in the hands of another QB who might actually be a better playmaker than Dalton.

I’m all for getting Mixon more touches, but, what’s he averaging, 2 ypc? That’s not been productive in the least.

6 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I’m all for getting Mixon more touches, but, what’s he averaging, 2 ypc? That’s not been productive in the least.

He's getting 10 carries a game at most but it's not even about yards.   They need to find some balance & force the OL to execute the most basic of plays.   If we're throwing in the towel and evaluating Finley at midseason we'll be running the ball more.  A back-to-basics shift on offense sounds good to me.

If not we should probably be shotgun/4-5 WR's though.  Mix in some split backs with Gio or a shifting TE.   Obviously WR is the strength of the offense so why not get more of them on the field at once?

7 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Couple thoughts here:

Getting Finley real game reps, if he is even being considered a little bit to take over for Dalton moving forward, would be invaluable. Nothing more I’d love than to see Dalton as a piñata...except progress in the hands of another QB who might actually be a better playmaker than Dalton.

Agreed. Mixon, or any other running back is getting hit behind the line just about every run play. What’s the point if Barry Sanders couldn’t run behind this line?

21 minutes ago, palmer4mvp said:

Agreed. Mixon, or any other running back is getting hit behind the line just about every run play. What’s the point if Barry Sanders couldn’t run behind this line?

Throwing 40 times a game isn't getting us anywhere, why not give Mixon the touches & see what happens?  He was the best RB in the conference last year behind a bad OL.  

For fucks sake there is no reason for Andy Dalton to play anymore.  Put Finley in, trade Dalton if you can,  move on.  Dalton was fucking garbage today. He Has been bleh most of the season.   It’s over. 

Does Dalton have naked pictures of MFB and his family or something?  What does it take to bench this clown?  I don’t care if Finley throws a couple of picks at least make a change.  Taylor says in his post game conference that he didn’t want to talk about making a change here, then goes onto say everything is being looked at to be changed.  BS!  Either Taylor is just another MFB puppet or he has no clue on what he is doing.   What will it hurt at this point in benching the little red BB gun? What, lose another 7 in a row?  lol He changes the OLman, but not the golden boy?  What a joke!  

23 minutes ago, SF2 said:

For fucks sake there is no reason for Andy Dalton to play anymore.  Put Finley in, trade Dalton if you can,  move on.  Dalton was fucking garbage today. He Has been bleh most of the season.   It’s over. 

I agree with everything except the "trade Dalton if you can" part....what could we possibly get for an aging QB who plays like garbage and bleh?

You know there's such a thing as negative interest rates, maybe there should be negative draft choices...like, the Bengals would give a team a 6th round pick just to take him off the payroll.

The fact that some Bengal fans still defend Dalton is quite amusing.  Do we have the dumbest fanbase in the league?  The Bengals should have moved on from him after 2016 season but stupidly refused to draft the heir apparent.  He completely sucks. 

And stop with the trade nonsense.  Other team GMs are as stupid as Bengal fans.  Nobody would want him.

20 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

I agree with everything except the "trade Dalton if you can" part....what could we possibly get for an aging QB who plays like garbage and bleh?

You know there's such a thing as negative interest rates, maybe there should be negative draft choices...like, the Bengals would give a team a 6th round pick just to take him off the payroll.

Before the season started I believed it was possible they could've received a 2nd rounder from the right team and looked like geniuses. Draft the guy in the 2nd. Get 8 years of service out of him then trade for another 2nd round pick.

After the last few weeks I don't know if he would bring better than a 4th or 5th. Still not shabby tho considering the 8 years of service (or 8 years of torturing ur fan base).  :)

Ok the line broke Dalton. Dalton doesn't have time to go through progressions and is staring down his first read. It's bad I agree 100%. Should we sit Mixon and Bernard they haven't done shit all year.  I'm not blaming Dalton, Mixon or Bernard I place sole blame on Coaching and front office for the piece of shit line we have.

FML

Dalton is done.  Looked like a scared rookie.  PTSD.  Season is over. Play Finley, throw Price out there and find out if he Is a bust. 

No reason to play Greene, IR him and scrounge someone from the practice squads. 

Archived