Dalton needs to go

8 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

There was a segment on NFL Network this past Sunday, with Kurt Warner and Michael Irvin, saying that the league has figured out Sean McVay's offense.

Defenses are no longer being fooled by his deceptions.

Check out this article

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/9/25/20884063/2019-los-angeles-rams-nfl-head-coach-sean-mcvay-jared-goff

Fast forward to the Bengals.

Same offense being called, but now with a coach who has ZERO experienced calling plays.

And probably limited ability in drawing up plays and audibles.

Yeah, it is painfully obvious boy wonder's offense does not give Dalton much ability to change the play.  If the other team has it sorta figured out (which looks apparent) it will be a long day.  

In Green Bay it was a sore point that LaFleur wasn't a big fan of Rodgers free lancing but they both sat down and figured out a compromise that made a lot of sense.  Seems to be working.

Every offensive or defensive scheme that takes the game to a different level is always countered by the other side before too long. It is a game of chess and for every possible move there is a counter move. On both sides of the ball teams have to keep innovating and changing things up. Sometimes it works for a season and sometimes only for a game or two. 

So Dalton gets shiat on?  Where is the great minded HC of ours on any other NFL team?  I guess it was his time to be shiat on too.  lol forget about stats, he isn’t a leader.  He mopes on the sidelines and doesn’t motivate anyone.  Look around the NFL with less talented WRs and replaced OLman and they still do better than him.  The rookie QB for the Jags was doing better than him.  Their OL blows! How much of Dalton’s stats this year is in prevent mop up role?  He leaves here, he is not starting anywhere just like Kaepernick.  Like someone else said, beating stats of our previous QBs is not saying much.  Longevity can do that, see Mediocre Marv. 

I think what we saw in Andy running that 4th QTR is what we can expect from here on out. You guys pointing to where he is in stats is great, but if you watched those last few series he was beyond terrible, making stupid decisions for a 9 yr vet. Time to see our other options at QB on this roster, too bad we are getting the weird game this week so its not the best time to do it, but after the bye I'd definitely want to see other QB starters unless Dalton pulls a great performance against the Rams out of his ass.Doubtful that happens.

3 hours ago, SmoothD said:

There was a segment on NFL Network this past Sunday, with Kurt Warner and Michael Irvin, saying that the league has figured out Sean McVay's offense.

Defenses are no longer being fooled by his deceptions.

Check out this article

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/9/25/20884063/2019-los-angeles-rams-nfl-head-coach-sean-mcvay-jared-goff

Fast forward to the Bengals.

Same offense being called, but now with a coach who has ZERO experienced calling plays.

And probably limited ability in drawing up plays and audibles.

And trying to do it with our personnel instead of LA’s. (And Rich Gannon made the same comment yesterday.)

2 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

So Dalton gets shiat on?  Where is the great minded HC of ours on any other NFL team?  I guess it was his time to be shiat on too.  lol forget about stats, he isn’t a leader.  He mopes on the sidelines and doesn’t motivate anyone.  Look around the NFL with less talented WRs and replaced OLman and they still do better than him.  The rookie QB for the Jags was doing better than him.  Their OL blows! How much of Dalton’s stats this year is in prevent mop up role?  He leaves here, he is not starting anywhere just like Kaepernick.  Like someone else said, beating stats of our previous QBs is not saying much.  Longevity can do that, see Mediocre Marv. 

Having a good time this season, TJ? Like a kid at Christmas...so many things to play with. :grin-min:

58 minutes ago, SF2 said:

LOL, his QB rating was 50!!

Read it on Dehner's Twitter feed.

I'm as shocked as anyone. That was one of the worst performances I've seen, and I lived through the Neil O'Donnell era. Andy looks like he's fresh out of fucks to give about anything. Balls are high, behind, and for some odd reason he's decided to take the drunk uncle route of trying to rifle every ball in at 90MPH. His body language on the field makes me think I'm watching the Peanuts holiday special.

IMHO, this goes beyond the hideous offensive line... I think Dalton genuinely disagrees with the scheme being called, and is not happy about having his ability to call lots of audibles taken away. His demeanor and play is characteristic of a guy going "I didn't like this play when I called it in the huddle, but I ran it, and it sucked." Like Taylor said something to him last week about getting the ball in there quicker so he went human Juggs machine on his receiving corps this week.

I've been a big Dalton supporter over the years... But damn. You know where the door is and how to use it. Meanwhile, keep him in there instead of getting Finley killed behind this O-Line. 

On 10/21/2019 at 3:11 PM, Jason said:

This season Dalton is one of the worst graded QBs in the league with a clean pocket. 

probably because once it finally happens  he  is so shocked  it throws his timing off. or it means they dropped 9 or 10 in coverage because i 

dont believe this ol can give a clean pocket if more then 2 rush. and thats double teaming them.

seriously just when does he have this so called "clean pocket " you speak off. 

19 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

probably because once it finally happens  he  is so shocked  it throws his timing off. or it means they dropped 9 or 10 in coverage because i 

dont believe this ol can give a clean pocket if more then 2 rush. and thats double teaming them.

seriously just when does he have this so called "clean pocket " you speak off. 

Typically around 1:43 pm eastern standard time on most Sundays.  Don’t blink or you will miss it.  Then from around 3:39pm until the game ends the pocket is very clean.  Of course the team is down by 18 or so with 5 minutes left. 

Archived