On to the Bills

Said a week ago that the best you will see the overall Bengals this year, was against Seattle. After this weekend, I believe you have seen the worst overall Bengals this year. From here on out, I am wagering you will see bits of the first one some weeks and bits of this past one others. There is still enough talent and desire for them to turn out distinctly OK. And Lord knows, with the division the state it is in (the Rats will peter out) don't ever say never. 

40 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Said a week ago that the best you will see the overall Bengals this year, was against Seattle. After this weekend, I believe you have seen the worst overall Bengals this year. From here on out, I am wagering you will see bits of the first one some weeks and bits of this past one others. There is still enough talent and desire for them to turn out distinctly OK. And Lord knows, with the division the state it is in (the Rats will peter out) don't ever say never. 

Uhhhh...wait...what???  Did I detect some optimism in that post sir??? 

Sorry LT, but I just had to bust your chops a bit since you've been taking some grief lately about being negative.  :)

FWIW I agree...I sure hope we're more like the team from the Seattle game than yesterday...and I think we've been shown the high and low peaks.  Although some commentator last night suggested that something in between is still a loss, I'm trying to remain optimistic about the team this season.

On Monday, Zac Taylor spoke with the media and provided some injury updates regarding the players that were removed from action on Sunday.

First of all, there is some good news on this front. De facto starting LT Andre Smith missed some playing time due to groin tightness, but will likely return next week. The tackle spot is the position that can least afford another injury.

Carl Lawson is a little iffy after he was taken out of the game on Sunday because of a hamstring injury. Lawson said he’s fine, but Taylor wants to wait for more testing. 

CB B.W. Webb is going to be day-to-day. Webb left the game with an arm injury, but the Bengals are hoping he will be back any day now.

DE Kerry Wynn entered concussion protocol, so he could possibly miss one game, maybe more. We’ve learned from the Cordy Glenn saga that concussions are complicated, and simply get better whenever they get better.

Bad news follows the offensive line into Week 3 as LG Michael Jordan will miss some playing time. He was carted off the field with a knee bruise on Sunday. One of the bright spots on the offensive line will miss time, so his college teammate Billy Price will likely start in his place in Buffalo.

qS8MOUnJ_bigger.jpg
 · 17h

Taylor: ‘’joe’s (Mixon) attidue has been phenomenal’’ says the RB hasn’t been discouraged despite slow start. #Bengals #SeizeTheDEY @Local12

Taylor: Injury Updates
BW Webb: day to day
Kerry Wynn: Concussion Protocol
Michael Jordan: likely out this week
Andre Smith: should be good to go #Bengals #SeizeTheDEY @Local12

Carl Lawson update.

He told us it's a hamstring strain and that he'll be fine. Zac Taylor hedged a bit. Said they'll know more today. #Bengals

Unfortunately, all of the players likely to miss time are going to be dearly missed. If Webb and Wynn won’t be able to play next week, their spots are going to be stretched pretty thin. Webb is already the team’s second slot corner, and Wynn plays a valuable role on special teams. Jordan’s absence is going to be a huge blow to an already battered offensive line.

Archived