Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
SmoothD

Is it me, or is Jesse Bates III struggling with this defense?

Recommended Posts

Seems like he is struggling with this defense.

Remember he was a Teryl Austin guy.

I know it's early, but he hasn't shown much confidence back there.

Looks like he is trying to make up from miss coverages by the LBs, and playing completely out of position.

Same for Shawn Williams, whose name I haven't heard much in the first two games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Not sure how you can judge one player when the whole group looked like 💩.   A player trying to cover for a teammate that screwed up often looks like the one that screwed up.

 

Just my three cents.  :shrug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my field view yesterday, he was indeed cheating one way or the other--depending on where the "missing LB" should have been. SF would give looks as to inside plays...Jessie would edge towards the line. They would spread out...he would shift back. Same with Williams. In both cases, Jimmy looked them down and went to where they were not (LB's that is). That left wide open spaces all across the middle of the field. Running or throwing, once they escaped the front, they ran forever.

 

Jessie played the best he could. It isn't him...its this dumb 2-LB package.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

From my field view yesterday, he was indeed cheating one way or the other--depending on where the "missing LB" should have been. SF would give looks as to inside plays...Jessie would edge towards the line. They would spread out...he would shift back. Same with Williams. In both cases, Jimmy looked them down and went to where they were not (LB's that is). That left wide open spaces all across the middle of the field. Running or throwing, once they escaped the front, they ran forever.

 

Jessie played the best he could. It isn't him...its this dumb 2-LB package.

Thanks for that explanation.

That explains a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least he can tackle...most of the time...which is alot more than I can say for the rest of the secondary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

At least he can tackle...most of the time...which is alot more than I can say for the rest of the secondary.

 

That shoulder slap from Brown on the TD was inexcusable.  I'd put that replay somewhere they can watch it all week along with DreK fist-pumping after getting run over. They keep touting Brown as this savvy veteran locker room leader type & he's playing like it's a walkthrough? Taylor really has his work cut out for him convincing Redeemer to cut the loser stink out of this roster. You can't have guys thinking they can slack off because they're under contract & the team is desperate.  Don't talk all that shit about accountability and standards when we carry a kicker that's missing FG's every game & pretend DreK is an elite DB just because we pay him like one.  Every guy on the roster knows Mikey is a soft touch & soft football is what he gets.

 

Bates looked like he was playing hard but simply isn't very good. I can excuse that for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

That shoulder slap from Brown on the TD was inexcusable.  I'd put that replay somewhere they can watch it all week along with DreK fist-pumping after getting run over. They keep touting Brown as this savvy veteran locker room leader type & he's playing like it's a walkthrough? Taylor really has his work cut out for him convincing Redeemer to cut the loser stink out of this roster. You can't have guys thinking they can slack off because they're under contract & the team is desperate.  Don't talk all that shit about accountability and standards when we carry a kicker that's missing FG's every game & pretend DreK is an elite DB just because we pay him like one.  Every guy on the roster knows Mikey is a soft touch & soft football is what he gets.

 

Bates looked like he was playing hard but simply isn't very good. I can excuse that for now.

For a long time I thought Troy Blackburn's only job was to hold the video camera while Katie played negotiated player contracts.  But he seems to be more in the forefront the last couple of years.  I am beginning to wonder if any of these personnel decisions are his?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, westside bengal said:

For a long time I thought Troy Blackburn's only job was to hold the video camera while Katie played negotiated player contracts.  But he seems to be more in the forefront the last couple of years.  I am beginning to wonder if any of these personnel decisions are his?

 

That's an excellent point, all I really know of him is he fucked the Whitworth deal trying to lowball him like he just binge-watched 3 seasons of Ballers so I'm inclined to think he doesn't actually  know his own ass from a teakettle.  Golly I sure do wonder where he inherited :Troll-min: that sense of entitlement?  He stepped into a culture of doing the bare minimum to get by, I see no reason to hope he or wife Pookie are going to become the great instruments of change we were hoping for. This is all just business as usual for them both because it's all they've ever known.  Even if they did want to make fundamental changes I don't think they know how, but why would they ever want to? Where's the motivation? So long as the team is profitable their only worry is bad press & they're plenty used to that, too.  Anyone involved in this organization down to us fans have learned to tune that out by now.

 

When you look across the street at how Castellini has approached owning a small-market sports franchise with a limited budget it's like night & day.   

 

Fuckin..  Go into the light, Katie Ann

 

image.png?w=473&c=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...