WEEK 3: Bengals @ Bills

1 hour ago, SouthPaw said:

Did anyone see how wide open both John Ross and Tyler Eifert were on the other side on that last play?  Wow.

Their defenders were playing off of them a bit, but they were not exactly wide open. The play wasn't designed evidently for a rapid check down--slowed down the video and saw where it was going to be a fast target to middle or the crossing WR. Hit Willis in the hands BTW and that is why it was tipped.

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

That video is infuriating.  

21 minutes ago, SF2 said:

It is ridiculous. 

Absolutely.

Anyone find the one of Tate's hold on the kick return TD?

I thought that was questionable the one time they replayed it

but I am not exactly objective.

Thought Tate had a good game.

39 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Their defenders were playing off of them a bit, but they were not exactly wide open. The play wasn't designed evidently for a rapid check down--slowed down the video and saw where it was going to be a fast target to middle or the crossing WR. Hit Willis in the hands BTW and that is why it was tipped.

Tyler Eifert seemed to be wide open.  Far more open than Tate was in my opinion.  Wasnt the best thrown ball, but Tate seems to have the ability to make that play.  I cant think of a season where so many things have gone wrong.  There have been plenty of losses as a fan of this team, but nothing seems to be going their way and they still should have probably won 2 of the 3 games so far.  I actually thing even without Roethlisberger, it would still be a huge mental hurdle to beat them on Monday night in Pittsburgh.  

Side Note:  At what point is it time to put Ryan Finley in to see what they have....0-6?  

(Disclaimer:  Im not for or against such a move).

Does Steratore have a slot in his back where they put a nickel every time they need to explain away the crooked officiating or does the mysterious "New York" they so religiously defer to simply pull a lever somewhere? The man couldn't be less credible if he wore a fez and banged two cymbals together while he talked.

54 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Does Steratore have a slot in his back where they put a nickel every time they need to explain away the crooked officiating or does the mysterious "New York" they so religiously defer to simply pull a lever somewhere? The man couldn't be less credible if he wore a fez and banged two cymbals together while he talked.

For Apologetics, press 1...for We Make The Rules, press 2...for all other nefarious excuses, please stay on the line and a New York NFL official will apologize for the blown calls and promise to look into it. 

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

#Bengals ST coordinator Darrin Simmons on what he was told by the official regarding Auden Tate's holding call on kickoff return TD: "Said he saw him grab him. Said he saw him spin him around. He said he thought it was the easiest call he'd been paid to made all year."

I have no beef with the holding call on the runback.  You aren't supposed to do that.  Doesn't matter if it's away from the play.

I have huge beef with the non holding calls on the Bills last drive.  Maybe you miss the one in the trenches (probably not), but no way in hell they didn't see the chokehold on the passing play.  Refs that consistently miss these calls should start getting money withheld from gameday checks.  It's putrid. 

BTW....the whole part-time vs. full-time referee debate is mostly BS.  The average referee makes over $200K.  Would any of you like that part-time gig?

3 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I have no beef with the holding call on the runback.  You aren't supposed to do that.  Doesn't matter if it's away from the play.

I have huge beef with the non holding calls on the Bills last drive.  Maybe you miss the one in the trenches (probably not), but no way in hell they didn't see the chokehold on the passing play.  Refs that consistently miss these calls should start getting money withheld from gameday checks.  It's putrid. 

BTW....the whole part-time vs. full-time referee debate is mostly BS.  The average referee makes over $200K.  Would any of you like that part-time gig?

They play it off as part time since they only work about 25 weeks a year.  Many have other jobs just because they want to make more money.  It doesn't mean they need to so their kids have shoes. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

They play it off as part time since they only work about 25 weeks a year.  Many have other jobs just because they want to make more money.  It doesn't mean they need to so their kids have shoes. 

Agree.  Also comparing the workload of a NFL ref to MLB, NBA, and NHL referees is apples and oranges.  NFL guys are likely home every week for a few days.  The others are serious road warriors. 

Archived