Bengals @ Bills: The Good, Bad, & DGAF

barca-reality.gif

Looks like we need an assist on getting this postmortem started.  Put on your gloves and aprons.

Disclaimer: I worked last night & woke up long enough to turn the game on.  About midway through the 1st quarter I decided I wanted to go back to sleep much more than I wanted to keep watching this mess & was checking the score in between snoozes until the 2nd half.

Good

• Not sure what to say here.  It's painfully obvious that there are massive holes in the roster, & I guess it's good that 13 more games of this shit should drive the point home for even someone as stubborn as Ol' Musty?  I don't think we'll have that 8-8 bounce to excuse inaction.  Right now they look like they could lose every game.  Marvin needed to go for a lot of reasons, but perhaps the biggest one is because the FO no longer has a scapegoat to lean on.

• Mixon got going a little bit.  Screens and dump passes aren't a run game no matter what Andy Reid tells you, but if that's the only way to get him in space so be it.  Don't expect it to work every week or beat down a defense like a simple power-right, though.  It's funny because our offensive skill players are the only bright spot on that side of the ball but they get all the criticism.  It's no wonder the team doesn't bother with an OL when the fans don't notice them either.

• The team came out of halftime with a plan & got back in the game.  I only hope people recognize this stuff as the losses mount because Taylor is really putting some elbow grease into polishing this turd. 

Bad:

•       SS, DD.  Look at any game, W or L, from the past few years and it's pretty much the same complaints.  One-dimensional offense, poor tackling, turnovers and penaltes and blah blah fucking blah.  I've never seen this board so dead on a gameday and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.  In fact it looks more like a bottomless pit right now, with everyone already just wanting it to be over so we can maybe, hopefully start filling in some holes.  

• Talking about Zac one last time, the assumption around here has been that he would be extended after 3 years if he can right the ship.  Consider the possibility that this is just another stepping stone in his mind.  If he has any success here he will have other offers.  In fact if he can just keep his head above water here people are going to take notice, given the circumstances.

DGAF:  

•       That run by Dixon should be simply ugly, both our safeties got bitchslapped on that play before WJ3 ran all the way across the field and saved the TD, once again proving to be the only DB on the squad worth his jersey.  So yeah, that was fugly enough, but as usual I checked the Bengals website after the game for the postgame quotes etc & they're spinning Fiery Taylor is Fiery or whatever salve for their bruised asses & guess who is quoted?   Bates & Williams, the Tweedledee & Tweedledum safeties in question.  Nobody wants to hear from them, Hobknob!  If you want to write about cream puffs go to Oktoberfest.  The fuckin' disconnect with this organization just oozes apathy.  

(edited to add my own observations, sorry if this has all been covered by now)

24 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Some garbage can be composted or recycled.  Dre's flatout worthless.

:D 

There are plenty of bad players on this team.   He seems to be the only one that thinks he's awesome.   He's definitely getting paid like a good CB.   I can't take any talk of accountability seriously with him on the roster.  Dude's been a clown from day one.  I'm inclined to agree with whoever said he should go pursue his rap career, but I like some rap & don't want him stinking that up, too.  

1 minute ago, bigboi said:

the good....at least shittburge lost

On that note, would beating them on MNF move the needle for anyone even if it's without Rapistburger?  Of course he's all we're going to hear about but It's pretty much our season at 0-3.

Good: The d for the most part, especially in the first half when they were on the field for ALMOST 23 FUCKING MINUTES!!!!

2nd half comeback

Bad:  Oline. Dalton needs to pick out a plot real soon as he is gonna die soon.

Ugly:  That Dawson Knox catch and run that sealed the Bengals fate. I swear I could hear Chris Berman going "WoopWooopWoop" as all those Bengals bounce off of him.

2 minutes ago, gupps said:

Good: The d for the most part, especially in the first half when they were on the field for ALMOST 23 FUCKING MINUTES!!!!

They looked much better than last week, true.  They held up their end.   Hubbard had another good game & is becoming the highlight of our 2018 draft class.

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

On that note, would beating them on MNF move the needle for anyone even if it's without Rapistburger?  Of course he's all we're going to hear about but It's pretty much our season at 0-3.

Oh fucking hell. We play them on MNF next week? This sucks

1 hour ago, B.A.B. said:

Oh fucking hell. We play them on MNF next week? This sucks

Yep, starting 3/4 on the road once again because parity.    Sure looks like MNF is meant to be the last nail in the coffin, doesn't it?  I expect they will be allowed to tackle our DL and run us over, but we'll see.  

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yep, starting 3/4 on the road once again because parity.    Sure looks like MNF is meant to be the last nail in the coffin, doesn't it?  I expect they will be allowed to tackle our DL and run us over, but we'll see.  

I just would like to not go to sleep feeling crappy because of the Bengals. Have tried to stop caring in the past but it just...doesn’t stop. 

Good: 2nd half adjustments. I thought that was just journalistic jargon. Everyone in the division lost so I guess this week is a wash. Woulda been nice to steal a game though.

Bad: The entire 1st half. This could have easily been like the 49ers game but the Bills left the door open. Just couldn't seal the deal

Ugly: pretty sure every officiating crew hates the Bengals. We lost, again. 0-3 is pretty damn ugly and is a death sentence for playoffs typically.

DGAF: not gonna lie, I mostly watched the Mets until I saw that the Bengals tied it up lol

Good: 2nd half and really adjustments during the 2nd half because we came out of the tunnel still flat, it took till about midway of the 3rd quarter to get going.

Bad: D letting them take the lead back after we went up

Ugly: Andy Dalton's final pass to Tate that got intercepted. You can only go to the well so many times before they realize what you are doing, he should have found another WR.

Lou Anarumo is completely uninspiring to me, at least with Taylor you sometimes see plays that make you turn your head, this guy runs a boring as hell defense.

Jon Ross' hands.

What you all said above.

However, Mr Schooler's excellent clips and twitter shots of the blown calls in the game day thread  hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif.9fc250d7e802a16cde09388577b3d651.gif  pretty much say it all for me at this point

even with the Andy's and John Ross's.  Their fuck ups negate any ability to make a real assessment of the game and its outcome.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

What you all said above.

However, Mr Schooler's excellent clips and twitter shots of the blown calls in the game day thread  hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif.9fc250d7e802a16cde09388577b3d651.gif  pretty much say it all for me at this point

even with the Andy's and John Ross's.  Their fuck ups negate any ability to make a real assessment of the game and its outcome.

The team is 1-10 over its last 11 games.   The Apathy wagon is fully loaded.   I guess it could be worse and be Oakland with 5 consecutive road games to include one in London. 

Archived