Week 4 Predictions

18 hours ago, saphead said:

I have a feeling and the feeling is this. It will be just like when Jim Tressel took over the Buckeyes in 2001 and they finally beat the hated Wolves 26-21 in his first year. Since then they are 16-2. It all changes in 5 days. 

Yes. Same here

Now I'm not fluent in Ohio State history because I'm not from around there. But pretty much thinking the same. If ZT only wins a few games this year this one would be a good one.  "A staple win."

I think we do win.  It won't be easy. I don't care who ya are what ya say but Tomlin is pretty good coach and with him they have always been a tough out for anyone. Most certainly has for our Bengals.  If our guys can come out full throttle and score early points we could possibly blow them out. Want to see Dalton ripping the ball down the field early for 10+ yard completions. If he can't do it roll the Finley boy out there. This offense has so much potential imo.   I digress.  Staple win here we come!!! Pitt 0-4 will be icing on a micro cake. Woot woottt! Who Dey!

7 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Yes. Same here

Now I'm not fluent in Ohio State history because I'm not from around there. But pretty much thinking the same. If ZT only wins a few games this year this one would be a good one.  "A staple win."

I think we do win.  It won't be easy. I don't care who ya are what ya say but Tomlin is pretty good coach and with him they have always been a tough out for anyone. Most certainly has for our Bengals.  If our guys can come out full throttle and score early points we could possibly blow them out. Want to see Dalton ripping the ball down the field early for 10+ yard completions. If he can't do it roll the Finley boy out there. This offense has so much potential imo.   I digress.  Staple win here we come!!! Pitt 0-4 will be icing on a micro cake. Woot woottt! Who Dey!

Beating a 0-3 Pittsburgh team without the Rapist, Bell or Brown on the field is not "a staple or statement win".  Sure, sending them to 0-4 would be nice but a statement win is more like beating them game 15 on the road in 2012 to knock them out of the playoffs and earn the wild card. That was huge.  Beating the Rams or Patriots would be a staple win for the team this year. 

Prediction: We will have all 4 TDs overturned in the booth, have 200 penalty yards to 0 for stealers and lose 7-0 on a last minute TD pass that bounces 3 times before Scheister picks it up and Southpaw will say the refs had nothing to do with the loss. Even before anybody mentions it.

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Beating a 0-3 Pittsburgh team without the Rapist, Bell or Brown on the field is not "a staple or statement win".  Sure, sending them to 0-4 would be nice but a statement win is more like beating them game 15 on the road in 2012 to knock them out of the playoffs and earn the wild card. That was huge.  Beating the Rams or Patriots would be a staple win for the team this year. 

Ok ok. Your probably right. It would just be a minor win I guess. 

BTW how long has it been since we've won a game? I can't remember the last one. 

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

12/16/18 vs Oakland.  That was after losing 5 in a row coming off the bye.

Basically 1 win in 11 months.   Beating Pittsburgh on the road on Monday Night would be a nice win. Certainly would make us all feel better  

John Q AverageFan nationwide only recognizes the black/gold uniform and piss yellow waving dishrags. Whatever ugly bags of mostly water occupy those uniforms is quite irrelevant. The league knows this consistent money maker, and provides the desired entertainment. 

The Bengals are indeed fodder...but that role would be the same for any other marketing sub-tier team in the same position.

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

I noticed that the NFL is hyping up Mason Rudolph as the player to watch on MNF, not Dalton the 9 year Pro Bowler vet. 

That should tell you everything you need to know about how the league views this team, the Bengals are cannon fodder for the rest of the NFL.

Why should the NFL view the Bengals as anything else?  A team that hasn't won a playoff game in 28 years, is in a small market, and run by a skinflint moron that annoys the hell out of everyone at meetings.  I love the Bengals, but they've earned this treatment.

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Why should the NFL view the Bengals as anything else?  A team that hasn't won a playoff game in 28 years, is in a small market, and run by a skinflint moron that annoys the hell out of everyone at meetings.  I love the Bengals, but they've earned this treatment.

Sure have.  They gain zero relevance until they consistently win playoff games.  The Patriots werent always the Patriots.  Until this run, they were known for getting steamrolled by the Bears in the superbowl in 1985.  

2 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Sure have.  They gain zero relevance until they consistently win playoff games.  The Patriots werent always the Patriots.  Until this run, they were known for getting steamrolled by the Bears in the superbowl in 1985.  

There are only a few teams that can stay relevant without winning.  Namely the Giants, Redskins, Raiders and Cowboys.   Other than that, if you don’t win for awhile you drop off the radar fairly quickly.  49ers and the old St Louis Rams are good examples.  Falcons as well. 

59 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

So if we win it's a minor victory.

If we lose it's massive L. 

Sounds about right. 

No, it will be a nice win for us but  losing isn’t that big of a deal.  This isn’t a playoff team and our talent is nowhere close to teams like KC or New England. 

Archived