Week 4 Predictions

10 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

We'll see tomorrow night, I don't have too much confidence in this coaching staff or current roster to do much. 

The current roster has two glaring weak spots but the Stealers are not any better.  Jar Jar Smith is who we thought he was, a decent #2 receiver. The rest of their WRs are suspect.   James Conner has 97 yards in 3 games. Big Jen is out.  There defense is as bad as ours. 

On paper our offense, even with the weak line, should dominate their d while the Stealers offense seems way worse than ours.    I sense a lot of points scored in this game. 

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

The current roster has two glaring weak spots but the Stealers are not any better.  Jar Jar Smith is who we thought he was, a decent #2 receiver. The rest of their WRs are suspect.   James Conner has 97 yards in 3 games. Big Jen is out.  There defense is as bad as ours. 

On paper our offense, even with the weak line, should dominate their d while the Stealers offense seems way worse than ours.    I sense a lot of points scored in this game. 

I think their pass rush is still better than our OL.  Could prob say the same for many college teams.  Also I imagine they will want to run it a bunch and our tackling has been for shit.  I like our WR's vs their DB's if we have any time to throw but otherwise don't see good match-ups.

On 9/29/2019 at 11:13 PM, T-Dub said:

Undecided on the coaching because the roster is full of holes.

After last night's debacle it's clear this coaching staff is in over it's head. They're trying to run plays out of formations that don't highlight the players skills or they are just badly designed plays.

Who knew that hiring a HC, OC, and DC with no previous experience in those roles was a bad idea. Apparently everyone except the Bengals front office, smh

Throughout that painful broadcast Booger and that other moron kept talking about how Talyor had brought in fresh and new energy. He added that if the Brown family could spend money and get him some better players, thatTalyor could possibly be successful.....lol...good luck with that.

That's the reason why no good coach or player wants to come here, because they know ownership won't/is incapable of doing those things. That's like saying if that meth head could just stop using drugs every 4 hours and go to MIT, they could get a job at Google or Tesla. 

After the the first quarter of the season that new penny shine has worn off, the fan base is even more disillusioned, and it's looking like the 90's all over again. 

6 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

After last night's debacle it's clear this coaching staff is in over it's head. They're trying to run plays out of formations that don't highlight the players skills or they are just badly designed plays.

They're trying to run LA's offense without LA's personnel. I said that last night. Why would you try to run an offense that doesn't feature a tight end with a team with 2 good tight ends?

After watching the game again and being able to rewind/ go slow motion.  I'll say Taylor called a decent game. The execution by the players just wasn't there. Mostly due to poor O-line play. They had a whole off-season to do something about this o-line but didn't get it done.  So that falls back on management/ Taylor/whoever makes those decisions.  

Dalton's poor play can't be ignored. He started out decent but got worse as the game went. Now his struggles are also in large part due to the o-line but he does hold a lot of the blame too. Bad passes and heavy feet the two I see. Seems he's lost the ability to feel pressure bounce out of the pocket and pass on the go. Scared or something to zip the ball down field more than a few yards. 

Football is such a fine line. If Eifert catches that tough ball that did hit him in the hands it's a completely different ball game, were up 10 early. Instead.......yeah

Still believe we can turn it around. 

11 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

After watching the game again and being able to rewind/ go slow motion.  I'll say Taylor called a decent game. The execution by the players just wasn't there. Mostly due to poor O-line play. They had a whole off-season to do something about this o-line but didn't get it done.  So that falls back on management/ Taylor/whoever makes those decisions.  

Dalton's poor play can't be ignored. He started out decent but got worse as the game went. Now his struggles are also in large part due to the o-line but he does hold a lot of the blame too. Bad passes and heavy feet the two I see. Seems he's lost the ability to feel pressure bounce out of the pocket and pass on the go. Scared or something to zip the ball down field more than a few yards. 

Football is such a fine line. If Eifert catches that tough ball that did hit him in the hands it's a completely different ball game, were up 10 early. Instead.......yeah

Still believe we can turn it around. 

I agree. 

I still like Zac Taylor and I think that he will eventually "get us there" (with the huge assumption that he can get the players he needs to fix the OL and LB positions.   I do not think that the comparisons to Dave Shula are accurate.  The players did not respect Shula at all...and I think that it is the complete opposite with Zac.

...just my three-cents worth.

:rabbitwithapancakeonitshead:

On 10/1/2019 at 12:51 PM, Shebengal said:

They're trying to run LA's offense without LA's personnel. I said that last night. Why would you try to run an offense that doesn't feature a tight end with a team with 2 good tight ends?

The HC clearly values that position, they drafted one in the 2nd round and signed 2 in the offseason.  They dress 4 every game, hell they ran an end around fake with the 4th string TE, surprisingly it didn't fool anyone. 

Archived