Should the Bengals trade AJ Green?

Just read Bleacher Report's "Do it for AJ...Do it for the Children!" plea for a trade. Usual schlock: he's done here...he won't go anywhere here...he deserves it...blah blah.

Naturally, on cue, trade him to the best teams out there: Seattle/Green Bay and...wait for it...#teamslikethepatriots. The writer only speculated on one place (Seattle) which would make any sense for all concerned: a 2nd rounder and they have the cap space. The other two only were mentioned for their abilities to "make them better"...no benefit to the Bengals. No talk of any mid-level potential contender teams, who might have more to offer, but what else is new? 

Fire sales are great on paper...the Tampa Bay Rays have made it a science (sell off all assets and then become good after a short time). The NFL--and our franchise in particular--rarely see this. At this juncture--which was an approaching freight train long before the season started--it really doesn't matter what they do or don't do. 

19 hours ago, SmoothD said:

Who would accept a trade for him?

His last two injuries, have been significant.

He has a surgery repaired big toe on one foot, and a surgery repaired ankle on the other.

No one will trade for him.

Sadly, this is probably him and Dalton's year together.

This is just silly, maybe Dalton doesn't have much trade value but AJ is respected around the NFL. 

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

This is just silly, maybe Dalton doesn't have much trade value but AJ is respected around the NFL. 

True, but ask any WR about ankle and toe injuries.

They are never the same afterwards

On 10/1/2019 at 9:35 AM, SmoothD said:

True, but ask any WR about ankle and toe injuries.

They are never the same afterwards

If he's healed then he will be fine, with his contract status uncertain he will wait until he's 100% before he gets back on the field, there's nothing for him to rush back for, unfortunately. 

AJ Green will never play another down for the Bengals. He is an UFA. 

There is no reason to make any comeback and risk injury this year.

Any decent, compassionate person could see he’s given his life’s work to this organization. It would be a crime to waste all his talent on this team any longer. 

He’s been a model citizen. He’s no diva. Let him go and salvage his career with a winning organization and root for him all the way. I will.

If a trade was possible in which you could get more value than comp picks, go for it. 

16 hours ago, Harley said:

Any decent, compassionate person could see he’s given his life’s work to this organization. It would be a crime to waste all his talent on this team any longer. 

He’s been a model citizen. He’s no diva. Let him go and salvage his career with a winning organization and root for him all the way. I will.

If a trade was possible in which you could get more value than comp picks, go for it. 

If you truly love AJ Green, you will let him go and if he comes back to you it was meant to be.....

17 hours ago, Harley said:

All the touchy feely aside, the reason to trade him is to pick up a high draft pick period.  I don't care where he goes other than a team in our division.  You can send him to the Redskins or Jets as long as we get a good pick out of it.   Once the trade deadline passes, he will be worth zero to the Bengals unless they plan to resign him which I think is a mistake.   Sure, it would be nice for him to go to a great team and finally get the national recognition he deserves but that should not be a goal.  Get the best pick and that probably would not be with the Patriots who have little cap space anyways.  Seattle makes more sense. 

AJ has been a great player but he has never had any big Larry Fitzgerald moments for this team like Fitz did in 2008 for the Cardinals.  All-Pro 1400 + yards regular season, 546 yards and 7TDs in the playoffs that year to include 127 yards and 2 TDs in the Super Bowl.  No, not AJ's fault but it is what it is.  AJ has had 1 post season TD in 4 games.  As much as I like the guy, I don't hold him in the same regard as Chad.  Chad dragged us out of the dark period and for the most part was entertaining as hell.  Kids were wearing Bengals gear like crazy back then. 

Get what you can and use it to fill one of the gapping holes all over this roster that will take time to fix. 

1 hour ago, Harley said:

AJ has never been used right. Go to him until they can stop it.

Put him with a great QB and an OC that’s willing to use him to his full capacity and he would kill it. 

Send him to NE - Randy Moss II. 

Come now, Harley...any local IggleFan would say: "Ay...get somethin' for da bum". And whatever squawking head on WIP will just say "I have said this for years...you know I have..." 

13 hours ago, Harley said:

AJ has never been used right. Go to him until they can stop it.

Put him with a great QB and an OC that’s willing to use him to his full capacity and he would kill it. 

Send him to NE - Randy Moss II. 

Fuck New England.   I would rather he go to the Colts or Detroit, teams I don't thoroughly despise.   It would be cool if Detroit made a playoff run considering how bad it has been there for so long.  Indy would be ok too.   The Colts currently have $45 mil in cap space so they could do a trade and sign. 

On 10/1/2019 at 9:46 AM, oldschooler said:

I think he meant Finley

Yes trade away what little talent the team has for more magic beans.  Those draft picks are money in the bank!  If we stockpile enough draft picks we might get lucky and replace 1/2 the talent we traded for draft picks.  Championship!

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Yes trade away what little talent the team has for more magic beans.  Those draft picks are money in the bank!  If we stockpile enough draft picks we might get lucky and replace 1/2 the talent we traded for draft picks.  Championship!

Stealing this from your book. Ok, ok - I admit it, I love this meme.

Post image

I sometimes listen to Golic and Wingo during my drive to work. This morning little Golic was saying the Bengals should 

trade AJ to the 49ers.. That would make some peoples heads explode... lol 

I would be all for it btw if it's their 1st rounder or 2nd and 4th or something like that

5 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I sometimes listen to Golic and Wingo during my drive to work. This morning little Golic was saying the Bengals should 

trade AJ to the 49ers.. That would make some peoples heads explode... lol 

I would be all for it btw if it's their 1st rounder or 2nd and 4th or something like that

I hate the 49's but I would trade AJ to them for a 1st or a 2nd + a mid rounder.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

The team is 0-5 and just gave up 514 yards to the Arizona Cardinals at home.  What would “fallen apart” look like?   And to be honest, this team hasn’t been to the playoffs in 4 years so what use is keeping this thing together?

17 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The team is 0-5 and just gave up 514 yards to the Arizona Cardinals at home.  What would fallen apart look like?   And to be honest, this team hasn’t been to the playoffs in 4 years so what use is keeping this thing together?

ha ha.. that's the first thing I thought..

Archived