Vontaze Burfict Ejected

BengalFanInTO

10 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Not to interrupt the Two Minutes Hate...but the receiver was beginning to get up and was untouched. The lowering of the head thing...not so good...but then again, the other Raider went helmet-to-helmet as well.   

You can’t possibly be trying to justify that. 

I'd have to see it at full speed but it does look like he leads with the helmet.  Even looks like he realizes at the last second and tries to get his forearm ahead of him but its far too late.

At the same time, the same shit happens in every game.  In fact I bet you could find another similar hit from that game, if not several.  Sometimes they are flagged & sometimes they aren't.  I've definitely seen far more egregious headhunting, and probably will again tomorrow night.

So yeah he fucked up but the selective outrage is ridiculous.   Guarantee you that once he's gone the NFL will pick a new scapegoat & continue to ignore the issue 99% of the time.

4 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

There goes the "Vontaze is a nice guy cause he ain't a Bengal" theory.

I think he had a clean slate but yeah, expecting him to unlearn things at this point in his career was probably wishful thinking.  I thought it was obvious that HBO was trying to ignore him as much as possible.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I'd have to see it at full speed but it does look like he leads with the helmet.  Even looks like he realizes at the last second and tries to get his forearm ahead of him but its far too late.

At the same time, the same shit happens in every game.  In fact I bet you could find another similar hit from that game, if not several.  Sometimes they are flagged & sometimes they aren't.  I've definitely seen far more egregious headhunting, and probably will again tomorrow night.

So yeah he fucked up but the selective outrage is ridiculous.   Guarantee you that once he's gone the NFL will pick a new scapegoat & continue to ignore the issue 99% of the time.

You think there was another play in that game where a guy was sitting on the turf stationary and a defender took a run at him, lowered his helmet and aimed for the stationary player’s helmet?  

The same shit does not happen in every game. Sure, plenty of helmet to helmet hits when a running back is blowing through a crowded d line but that was not this. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Then the cheap shot Patriot stands over him and taunts.

But he was a runner, out of the pocket and all that BUT... Patriot trying to put the quarterback out of the game.

What happened?  I just got home and didn't see or hear.

Anything for the Patriot?  Allen OK?

As for Vontaze, very worst thing about the hit I can see was it wasn't Antonio Brown he nailed.

12 minutes ago, SF2 said:

You think there was another play in that game where a guy was sitting on the turf stationary and a defender took a run at him, lowered his helmet and aimed for the stationary player’s helmet?  

Looked to me like he went to stand up & run, saw the train coming and tried to duck it.  

Sure VB fucked up again but I've seen much worse today.

10 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Looked to me like he went to stand up & run, saw the train coming and tried to duck it.  

Sure VB fucked up again but I've seen much worse today.

Vontaze fucks up all the time, that is his problem. And I seriously doubt he was given a clean slate. 

Probably looking at 3 games like the last time he hit a defenseless player. 

The guy was still on the ground when he led with his helmet.  Just stupid in 2019. 

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Patriots... doesn't count.. 

37 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Vontaze fucks up all the time, that is his problem. And I seriously doubt he was given a clean slate. 

Probably looking at 3 games like the last time he hit a defenseless player. 

The guy was still on the ground when he led with his helmet.  Just stupid in 2019. 

right... that shit was undefensable...  just so fucking dumb.. I always loved him, but I am glad I don't have to try to defend him anymore 

19 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Patriots... doesn't count.. 

right... that shit was undefensable...  just so fucking dumb.. I always loved him, but I am glad I don't have to try to defend him anymore 

Yeah it's not even about him,  just hate the double standard.  It'll be someone else's turn soon.

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah it's not even about him,  just hate the double standard.  It'll be someone else's turn soon.

So I assume no flag / no ejection on the Pats? i turned the game off after they went up 16-0 or whatever.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/30/nfl-announces-vontaze-burfict-suspended-for-rest-of-season/

NFL announces Vontaze Burfict suspended for rest of season

The NFL has had enough with Raiders linebacker Vontaze Burfict.

Burfict, who has been suspended repeatedly for illegal hits and was ejected for a helmet-to-helmet blow yesterday, has been suspended for the rest of the season, the league announced this morning.

“There were no mitigating circumstances on this play,” NFL V.P. of Football Operations Jon Runyan said in a letter to Burfict. “Your contact was unnecessary, flagrant and should have been avoided. For your actions, you were penalized and disqualified from the game. Following each of your previous rule violations, you were warned by me and each of the jointly-appointed appeal officers that future violations would result in escalated accountability measures. However, you have continued to flagrantly abuse rules designed to protect yourself and your opponents from unnecessary risk. Your extensive history of rules violations is factored into this decision.”

Burfict’s suspension is without pay, and will also cover the postseason if the Raiders make it. He does have the right to appeal.

Archived