Crazy question for you salary cap folks

On 9/30/2019 at 11:17 AM, Catfish Bob said:

To those of you who have a understanding of how the salary cap and all that stuff works.

If every player on a team (the final roster) got paid exactly the same and at the max salary cap what would that yearly salary look like?  

if i understand what you are asking ....

with no bonuses etc coming off the top and starting with 0 cap hits from the previous years,  just divide the cap (188 mil) by the number of players (53)  and you get 3.54 mil each 

2 hours ago, stryker57 said:

with no bonuses etc coming off the top and starting with 0 cap hits from the previous years,  just divide the cap (188 mil) by the number of players (53)  and you get 3.54 mil each 

Every team has to average 90% cap spending on a rolling 5 year annual average. The league on the whole must average 95% of the cap or the owners get equally fined and that money goes to the players. 

Yet another reason the other owners don’t like the Brown family  because they rarely spend to the 95% figure. 

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

Yet another reason the other owners don’t like the Brown family  because they rarely spend to the 95% figure. 

An no doubt they hate him because he contributes little to nothing in terms of the building the league brand and increasing revenues overall. He is just a leach on the league. 

On 10/7/2019 at 9:20 AM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

An no doubt they hate him because he contributes little to nothing in terms of the building the league brand and increasing revenues overall. He is just a leach on the league. 

Every professional league needs teams to fill out a schedule and to draw national interest across the nation.   The harsh reality is if the league had to pick one  team  to move to a new locale to further enhance the reach and brand of the NFL there is little doubt which team would be selected.    With the Colts, Titans, Browns, Lions, Bears and Stealers all within 300 miles of Cincy, it would be easy to pluck the biggest loser of the bunch with the least amount of history and put them somewhere more beneficial to the bottom line.    St. Louis, Mexico City and London are calling!

Our current home attendance stands at 73% which is by far the worst in the league.  Tampa is second worst at 84%.  The midpoint is 97%.

On 10/6/2019 at 10:22 PM, stryker57 said:

Yeah pretty much what I was trying to figure out except their is the whole practice squad thing too. So that adds 5 or 6 more?  

I was just thinking one night what if a team paid every player exactly the same. No player on the team was worth more than the next on a monetary basis. 

Wouldn't attract players like ODBJ or Melvin Gordon but would possibly make it possible to have a very deep team with hella special teamers. 

i dont think practice squad players are included in the salary cap,

as far as" if there is any max amount they can make " i am not sure but they are signed as free agents so i would say  you could probably  offer them anything you want. but at any time another team can claim them,i dont think they can decline but  since they are automatically on the new teams 53 man roster i doubt they would if they could. and

unless we promote them ourself we lose them. 

Archived