Bengals vs Stealers Game, Good, Bad, and Ugly...

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

3 starter-quality players is an excellent draft.  We need an entire OL & LB corps, there's next to nothing on the depth chart.  Considering that a team is likely to lose at least a couple of starters every offseason the simple math tells you we're in too big a hole to build solely through the draft.  Borderline retirees from equally bad teams aren't going to fill in the gaps.  

The choice is either overpaying for some admittedly-average vets for some short term stability they can build on, or more of the same.  They've consistently refused to make those kind of moves in the past but I really don't see a 3rd option.   Even from a pure business standpoint the value of their brand is in free-fall.   I can't explain it other than a frothy combination of stubborness and pride, but pride in what?  They'd rather bring back Andre Smith than admit they made a mistake drafting him in the first place.   Their business model is about as flexible as the owner.  

tl;dr - Nothing changes with Redeemer at the helm.

I am really beginning to wonder if it will be any different with Katie, Troy and Lil Paul?

54 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I think they could be a lot more creative running it outside with him & Gio as options.  

Only wideout with good blocking skills is Boyd....

None of the offensive lineman can pyll because they cant get off their blocks playing one one one..

Jesus this is a mess..

Have to draft oline one and linebacker two..

Wats the sense in drafting a QB with no protection??

Here is what I do not understand?  With all the recent protection rule changes under the guise of saving their players (stars) from injury  I think another important purpose is to help teams score more points.  Other than just broadcasting it on the NFL channel they are saying give your QB time to throw to receive no one can touch or give your RB a lane and we will help you out.

Of course I can't expect owners that have car dealerships or are real estate developers to understand that but I would think that God's chosen Football Family would?

13 hours ago, westside bengal said:

I am really beginning to wonder if it will be any different with Katie, Troy and Lil Paul?

They are the true culprits, until the Brown family completely removes itself from the day to day operations of running this team and treats it like a billion dollar corporation instead of truckstop Subway franchise then I don't expect much to change. 

Katie and Troy have no clue what they are doing and should not be in a day to day decision making position with any NFL team.  They have no qualifications outside of nepotism that make them an ideal candidate for their current roles.

The Bengals have 5 scouts but 16 people selling tickets, maybe if they put more resources into finding better players they wouldn't have to work so hard at selling tickets. 

https://www.bengals.com/team/front-office-roster/

12 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Only wideout with good blocking skills is Boyd....

None of the offensive lineman can pyll because they cant get off their blocks playing one one one..

Jesus this is a mess..

Have to draft oline one and linebacker two..

Wats the sense in drafting a QB with no protection??

Look how good Kyler Murray is doing and there's your answer. 

:lol:

14 hours ago, westside bengal said:

No doubt Katie herself is the next one in the Big Chair - what we do not know is her own personal motivations. Is she a cheap stubborn mule like her father or does she actually want to invest in the team to not only win but increase the franchise value? Does she even want to remain owner or is she thinking it is time the family cashes out? How does she want to run the team, with more scouts and/or a true GM and/or more aggressive use of the cap and/or less of the dumb loyalty and more clinical approach to players, etc.?

It is only possible to guess at this point. She may choose winning over making more money or she may stick to Mikey's busted franchise model. How does she want to leave HER mark on the franchise knowing PB left a solid mark but Mikey left a multi decade blemish?Maybe she wants to redeem the family name? Katie once said 'it is really hard running an NFL team" which truly is a laughable statement and i get little confidence in her from it. 

There will only be one way to find out if she will change things, she has to actually sit in the chair with no oversight from Mikey.  In the meantime, we all know full well that despite all hope and wishes Mikey will NOT change the way he operates. 

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

The Bengals have 5 scouts but 16 people selling tickets, maybe if they put more resources into finding better players they wouldn't have to work so hard at selling tickets. 

This...  ^

Archived