Lets trade Geno Atkins

Food for thought and gits and shiggles.

Trade deadline October 29.

Most trade value of any Bengal on a shit team in a shit year.

Seems to be slipping (imho).

We are going nowhere with or without him this year.

So why not get something of value for him while we can.

2020 first round draft choice + another (3rd perhaps?)

Good OT or LB who can stay healthy + a high draft choice (no lower than second from a shitty team)

If the Bengals are rebuilding, and can't deny they are, I would like to see this happen.

The P-word philosophy of trading a quality player who has peaked and looking downhill for the

rest of his career.

Going into the 2020 draft with a quarterback (Justin Herbert) and stud OT to bookend with

the IR guy from this year (IF he recovers well enough to play OT in the NFL).  There should be

a quality linebacker available where we will draft in round two.

Yeah, I'd do it.

8 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Food for thought and gits and shiggles.

Trade deadline October 29.

Most trade value of any Bengal on a shit team in a shit year.

Seems to be slipping (imho).

We are going nowhere with or without him this year.

So why not get something of value for him while we can.

2020 first round draft choice + another (3rd perhaps?)

Good OT or LB who can stay healthy + a high draft choice (no lower than second from a shitty team)

If the Bengals are rebuilding, and can't deny they are, I would like to see this happen.

The P-word philosophy of trading a quality player who has peaked and looking downhill for the

rest of his career.

Going into the 2020 draft with a quarterback (Justin Herbert) and stud OT to bookend with

the IR guy from this year (IF he recovers well enough to play OT in the NFL).  There should be

a quality linebacker available where we will draft in round two.

Yeah, I'd do it.

I am with you.  Giving the Bengals Family Trust the benefit of doubt (which is extremely hard) they certainly misjudged the talent on this team to be successful.  The Bengals need to rebuild and I do not think you do that with a bunch of 30 somethings.  A week before the deadline I would access the situation and make almost anyone available for draft picks or good young talent.  It appears today the quick way to be successful is to draft a young QB who will be salary cap cheap for a few years so you you can spend some money or picks for some players to build around.  I said the other day that if the Bengals are 2-8 or 3-9 later on I would shelve Andy for possible trade bait and see what Finley can do.  He might not be "the man" but at least a bridge to the future.    

I am with you guys.. make anyone over like 27 years old available.

This team has some fight, but is going completely nowhere with this offensive line.

And they won't have to shelve Andy, he will probably be dead by then. We will probably get to see both backup QB's this year

Geno has been a borderline HOF player but i see the wear and tear taking its toll onhim now...

Hes 31....not getting better now..

Imho noone will give a first round plus another pick..

I believe a second rounder is possible..

Id rather trade Green than Gino anyway..

30 minutes ago, saphead said:

I saw an interesting theory on Reddit today that the Bengals are stealth 'tanking' this season and ZT will blow up the roster to stockpile draft picks.  And it came from Tony Pike. 

Bengals stealth mode...

stealth.jpg

44 minutes ago, saphead said:

I saw an interesting theory on Reddit today that the Bengals are stealth 'tanking' this season and ZT will blow up the roster to stockpile draft picks.  And it came from Tony Pike. 

Nothing stealth about the way this team is tanking.

"Tanking"...that's hilarious. That only happens in the NBA. And if New Dey Taylor is actually (which I heavily doubt) going to participate in scuttling the season for a fucking draft pick...then what does that say about his integrity? ML never "tanked"...what makes this new guy so special? One thing that tactic would lead to...is his unemployment.

You also have the participation of 50+ NFL professionals--who would still like to be employed by somebody, if not here. Have all 50+ of them corporately quit in the vain hope that some wunderkind QB saves their paychecks, is fantasy. 

Be logical, seriously. 

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I suppose it would be comforting to think that they suck on purpose

I am not sure it's on purpose.  I think the Brown's believe in Genetic Infallibility.  Paul Brown's genes running thru their veins and they never believe they make a bad decision, it's always just bad luck.

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

!.  No team is going to give you a starting caliber player in a midseason trade. 

2.  Unless a player is an upcoming FA sending away a quality starter for a fistful of maybe is never a good idea.

No.  I agree.  The only name that comes to mind is Trent Williams and he has been out so long it would take a month to

get him unto snuff physically and into the Bengal system.  Plus his attitude sucks.

I would hate to be the player coming into this locker room mid season taking Geno's place.

I can conceivably see a team giving up a first round draft choice if they think he will improve their chances

of making the playoffs and beyond.  Like San Francisco.  They have to be surprised that they are where they are

at this point and adding a pro bowl DT would keep the ball rolling.

And #teamslikethepatrioits are famous for continuous improvement.

A pro bowler now for an unproven draft choice?  Especially where they pick?

Sure.  Go for the bird in hand rather than a future rookie in the bush.

But... we are talking about the Bengals.  Ain't gonna happen.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

LOL. And how exactly do we 'stockpile' draft picks?

About the only way is to trade decent players for picks and then to trade away your high first for a lower first or next years 1st or 2nd.  We would need to write off at least next year to do it.  Cleveland did it somehow but they only won 4 games in three years in the process.  They didn't have a first round pick this year.  In 2017 they had 3 firsts (#1,25&29) and in 2018 2 firsts (#1 & #4) and 2 seconds (#33 & #35).  Worse for everyone is most of those players have turned out to be good and reliable.   Mayfield, Ward, Chubb, Garrett, Peppers and Njoku have missed a combined 15 games and some were simply the first game or two their rookie years. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

About the only way is to trade decent players for picks and then to trade away your high first for a lower first or next years 1st or 2nd.  We would need to write off at least next year to do it.  Cleveland did it somehow but they only won 4 games in three years in the process.  They didn't have a first round pick this year.  In 2017 they had 3 firsts (#1,25&29) and in 2018 2 firsts (#1 & #4) and 2 seconds (#33 & #35).  Worse for everyone is most of those players have turned out to be good and reliable.   Mayfield, Ward, Chubb, Garrett, Peppers and Njoku have missed a combined 15 games and some were simply the first game or two their rookie years. 

Yes sorry, my question was poorly worded. I think we all know 'how' to collect draft picks but this team will never trade out signed veterans for picks, so it was more of a business philosophy question. Mikey is incapable of many things and one of them is intentional tanking and rebuilding. He loses while trying to win so i have no ides how he would try and win by losing. Maybe, he needs to watch the Sienfeld episode where George does everything opposite!! 

Archived