Bengals' offensive line lost the most matchups of any single game in the PFF era

4 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

All the humor is missing for me when I consider that Price and Johnson had a big hand in the failure.

Johnson?  If you ment Jordan I think it was wishful thinking that a 4th round rookie would step in day 1 and be an effective starter on the offensive line of an NFL team. Price’s ineffectiveness is very troubling based on draft slot and this being his second year. 

There are simply too many mix and match pieces--no one fits anywhere...although some could fit well somewhere, if there were a few more someone's who should fit in their positions. 

Price was a very good guard at OSU... Then became a very good center at OSU. He's drafted as a center at this level. He gets one year, then gets tossed back to guard. He could be a good guard--or a center--if given growing opportunity. Hopkins is a good guard...but also a good center. Jordan might be a good guard, but needs time. Miller is just OK. Hart has no business anywhere. Andre can't go the distance anymore. Jerry is a one time decent guard, who has no business being a LT on any team. 

There is not one person--other than maybe Hopkins--who is where they are supposed to be. 

10 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

All the humor is missing for me when I consider that Price and Johnson had a big hand in the failure.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/02/alex-redmond-return-isnt-saving-this-bengals-offensive-line/?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-hero

How's this for adding insult to injury and pouring salt in the wound?

Alex Redmond is due back from suspension and may start ahead of both.

I think Billy is hurt more than we know, never fully recovered from the torn whatever in his first off season or has foot problems, the kiss of death for an O lineman.

We will hear about it eventually, "struggling/fighting through injuries", yada.

He was too good in college and in some games here to completely fall off the rails.

I see IR before the season is over.

And a short NFL career.

Pity.  I really like the guy.

The Bengals First Round Curse is no laughing matter and alive and well.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/02/alex-redmond-return-isnt-saving-this-bengals-offensive-line/?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-hero

How's this for adding insult to injury and pouring salt in the wound?

Alex Redmond is due back from suspension and may start ahead of both.

I think Billy is hurt more than we know, never fully recovered from the torn whatever in his first off season or has foot problems, the kiss of death for an O lineman.

We will hear about it eventually, "struggling/fighting through injuries", yada.

He was too good in college and in some games here to completely fall off the rails.

I see IR before the season is over.

And a short NFL career.

Pity.  I really like the guy.

The Bengals First Round Curse is no laughing matter and alive and well.

All of these guys were good in college.

10 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

All of these guys were good in college.

I find myself screaming this every draft.  More so when we do things like pencil in one as a starting LT & use it as an excuse to ignore the position in FA, only to bring back Andre Smith.   Imagine if instead of playing Madden your dad got you a real NFL franchise instead of an Xbox.   That's pretty much the Bengals organization.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I find myself screaming this every draft.  More so when we do things like pencil in one as a starting LT & use it as an excuse to ignore the position in FA, only to bring back Andre Smith.   Imagine if instead of playing Madden your dad got you a real NFL franchise instead of an Xbox.   That's pretty much the Bengals organization.

I get it, but.....  What FA is coming to the Bengals unless he is grossly overpaid, or not wanted by anyone else?  Mike Brown's history of losing makes signing quality FAs damn near impossible.

9 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I get it, but.....  What FA is coming to the Bengals unless he is grossly overpaid, or not wanted by anyone else?  Mike Brown's history of losing makes signing quality FAs damn near impossible.

Hart & Pacman Jr are both grossly overpaid and they suck,  Why not grossly overpay guys that don't suck?

4 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

If you're watching tonight's game, Seattle has PFF's 27th ranked OL in pass protection grade. The Rams are ranked 31st.

Bengals are 29th, so we get to see how other offenses work around it (if they can)

Seattle 31 with poor olinr..

Rams 29 ...

Actually the Rams have a few good olinemen but have a couple that are laying poor..

Whit is still a hellava lineman...sigh...

Its our horrible playng guys..

Yeh don't really GAF how PFF or ESPN rated our OL with their fuzzy math, nor do I care about the Rams or Seagulls. 

Our OL gave up 8 sacks in a game.  That is an objective, verifiable number.   Whether they are the absolute shittiest OL in the game, or just close to it, is of little consequence.

Honestly though? I've basically talked it to death on here about our shit OL and our halfassed attempts at fixing it.   At this point it's just comedy.  I refuse to put more effort into analyzing their suckage than the team itself does in correcting it.

Archived