Fire Duke Tobin

It's been reported that Tobin is the football guy who is supposedly calling all of the shots for the Bengals. 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/2/9/18217579/duke-tobin-is-putting-his-reputation-on-the-line-with-the-zac-taylor-hire

Tobin has been with the Bengals for 20 years in various positions and in his current role he's the de facto GM that is in charge of the draft and player personnel.  

The overall problem with the Bengals is the god awful oline and LB play, combined with an inexperienced coaching staff that looks overwhelmed and unprepared.  

All of this falls directly onto the desk of Tobin, he's responsible for the glaring lack of talent and subpar product that is put on display. I see fans and the media blame everyone except for Tobin, first it was Marvin, now it's Taylor and the Brown family.

No one ever places the blame where it truly belongs, with Duke Tobin. If he's the guy drafting hurt players in the first round consistently and resigning guys like Bobby Hart despite clear evidence that he shouldn't be starting in the NFL then he should have been fired years ago.

1 minute ago, Jpoore said:

It’s not his fault. The first round injury luck? Not his fault. Drafting 2 supposed can’t miss lineman that busted? Not his fault. Sometimes franchises just have a string of horrible luck. 

How many times can they consistently fuck up before we no longer write it off as bad luck?

Just now, Jpoore said:

It’s not his fault. The first round injury luck? Not his fault. Drafting 2 supposed can’t miss lineman that busted? Not his fault. Sometimes franchises just have a string of horrible luck. 

Lol...good one

But that's how it's played out, somehow Tobin flies under the radar and gets zero blame for his poor decisions. 

26 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Lol...good one

But that's how it's played out, somehow Tobin flies under the radar and gets zero blame for his poor decisions. 

Oh that was a joke?  Hard to tell around here sometimes, like when we lose a game in which our QB is sacked 8 times and the take-away is that the QB sucks.  

Things would have to get apocalyptic for Brown to fire Tobin.  Who is he going to hire?  Who out there will Mikey Boy feel comfortable with?  Who would actually agree to work for Mike Brown which would require treating him like someone who actually knows what he is doing?  It's the same reason Brown took so long to get rid of Marvin.  Mike Brown knows who he is, but he doesn't give a shit.  He's going to do it his way no matter what.  When he finds people that will go along with that he is very hesitant to get rid of them. 

26 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Things would have to get apocalyptic for Brown to fire Tobin.  Who is he going to hire?  Who out there will Mikey Boy feel comfortable with?  Who would actually agree to work for Mike Brown which would require treating him like someone who actually knows what he is doing?  It's the same reason Brown took so long to get rid of Marvin.  Mike Brown knows who he is, but he doesn't give a shit.  He's going to do it his way no matter what.  When he finds people that will go along with that he is very hesitant to get rid of them. 

Watching Pacman suck up to him on Hard Knocks said everything about who really controls the roster.  All patting him on the knee like they were Super Bestest Friends...  

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Watching Pacman suck up to him on Hard Knocks said everything about who really controls the roster.  All patting him on the knee like they were Super Bestest Friends...  

I thought that was BenJarvis Gree-Ellis and Howe?

20 minutes ago, Cat said:

I thought that was BenJarvis Gree-Ellis and Howe?

Shit, maybe it was, it's been a while.  Pretty sure it was Redeemer in the golf cart though, whoever was sucking up to him.  Dude seems like a real soft touch, point being.  

15 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Wasn't Ogbuehi injured when they drafted him? 

To me, drafting a player who is injured, hoping that he will return to form, isn't bad luck. It's stupidity. 

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Shit, maybe it was, it's been a while.  Pretty sure it was Redeemer in the golf cart though, whoever was sucking up to him.  Dude seems like a real soft touch, point being.  

:lol: Yeah, I wasn't trying to be a know-it-all. It was definitely MB in the cart. He might be a 'redeemer', but I don't think even he would let pacman in his cart!

5 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Wasn't Ogbuehi injured when they drafted him? 

To me, drafting a player who is injured, hoping that he will return to form, isn't bad luck. It's stupidity. 

I thought his "form" was pretty much crap in college but he had a ton of athleticism which was what he was drafted on.

Correct me if I am wrong but that's how I remember it.

3 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

th?id=OIP.XUmChTJmbhu0peLsLs7QBwHaFL&pid=Api&P=0&w=231&h=163   th?id=OIP.AlXbvYw3ncUmM8FQmzWHWAHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=204&h=154  th?id=OIP.0Zf9-vdUoRchtFLE7hq4BwAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=230&h=153

Triplets Separated at Birth

left to right ... Meep from "American Horror" ... Duke Tobin ... Quark the Ferengi from Star Trek

WTF why is the actual Duke Tobin picture the one wearing a shock collar

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

WTF why is the actual Duke Tobin picture the one wearing a shock collar

He's also the only one who is still living.  Quark went to infinity and beyond earlier this week.

Meep has been gone for awhile.  Hit by a car, truck, bus, somethin', and too lazy to surf it up.

But I thought the resemblance between them, esp the first two, is creepy uncanny. 

• 2 months later...

Thought this topic should be revisited seeing how the season has progressed and the off season about to begin. 

The last 3 drafts have been awful and the FA signings are just as bad. When you look at the historically bad season and the decisions that have been made it doesn't make sense to let Tobin run another draft, especially one in which the Bengals will be drafting first every round. 

I know this is a long shot but if the Bengals are serious about making this franchise respectable they should totally clean house, stop digging deeper into the the hole abd get someone who has a proven track record of success to run the organization. 

12 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Thought this topic should be revisited seeing how the season has progressed and the off season about to begin. 

The last 3 drafts have been awful and the FA signings are just as bad. When you look at the historically bad season and the decisions that have been made it doesn't make sense to let Tobin run another draft, especially one in which the Bengals will be drafting first every round. 

I know this is a long shot but if the Bengals are serious about making this franchise respectable they should totally clean house, stop digging deeper into the the hole abd get someone who has a proven track record of success to run the organization. 

I can only assume Tobin has compromising pictures of Katie, Troy or Mike. Maybe all three. 

Archived