Fire Duke Tobin

Only players purely interested in money would actually want to play here given the situation. How do the Inbreds answer to an agent of a FA player when asked what they are doing internally to change the culture and build a winner? They are doing nothing so we have zero chance of landing a good FA even if we tried. 

I always laugh when people mention Mikey and how much he knows about football. If he does know a lot then he knows how shitty the team is, coaches are and culture is. If he does not know then he is a clueless bumpkin. There really is no in between here. 

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Excepyt unlike the Bengals the good teams know exactly what value they will pay for each player. Teams like the Ravens or the Pats would barely consider a slug like Hart let alone pay him $5-$6M per year. 

It's not just those teams. Bobby Hart got cut by the Giants whose O-line at the time was at least as bad as ours. So he was a minimum salary guy, not good enough to be a backup for them, then turns into a starter worth 6 mil per year in Bengal land.

28 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

It's not just those teams. Bobby Hart got cut by the Giants whose O-line at the time was at least as bad as ours. So he was a minimum salary guy, not good enough to be a backup for them, then turns into a starter worth 6 mil per year in Bengal land.

Just brutal personnel and cap management - “but Mike Brown is not cheap, we are always near the cap”. LOL the Inbreds are buffoons when it comes to player and cap management. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Just wait, Coach Restraining Order will certainly develop all his "phenomenal" talent.  

Hart has actually played better, IMO. Much better than last year at least. (that's not saying much, I know)

Really though, the entire line has improved over the last 6 games or so if we're being honest.....at least to the point to where they're no longer costing them games. They've at least gotten Mixon going and have cut way down on the sacks/pressures overall. Gotta start somewhere. 

35 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Hart has actually played better, IMO. Much better than last year at least. (that's not saying much, I know)

Really though, the entire line has improved over the last 6 games or so if we're being honest.....at least to the point to where they're no longer costing them games. They've at least gotten Mixon going and have cut way down on the sacks/pressures overall. Gotta start somewhere. 

But we know any improvement if it means the same players next year will still result in 3/4 of the season in disaster mode. The got to start somewhere has to be with better players. Typical dead cat bounce

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

The line didn’t really improve that much, they changed to a conventional blocking scheme to improve the pathetic run game.  The team scored  points against Miami only because the Fins went to a deep prevent.  In no other game did they break 24 or more points. 

Still couldn’t stop anyone. 

5 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Wow

Burrow is probably going through the same thing somewhat to a degree. 

I would love to ask the guy if he wants to return home to Ohio and play for the Bengals. Or is he wanting to get out from Ohio and start a home somewhere fresh. 

He wants to be drafted by the Saints or Patriots.   Nobody wants to be drafted by the Bengals. 

I believe he can sit a year and re enter but he would realistically just be drafted by another crappy team. But I would consider it if I was him if for no other reason than poking the Tree Sloth. If I signed I would tell the Sloth you have me for 5 years plus a franchise year and if the team is still meandering I am out of here

I think Mike Brown is still stuck on when Art Modell fired his dad. Loyalty is more important than winning. Which is why Duke Tobin has a golden ticket.

And Paul knew how to win; Mike was there for that, so he knows how to win too, using that blueprint. Any year now... never mind that was in 1963.

He also seems obsessed with finding the 'diamond in the rough' - the guy that was on the trash heap, but if we pay him like an all-pro, he'll start to play like one!

42 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I believe he can sit a year and re enter but he would realistically just be drafted by another crappy team. But I would consider it if I was him if for no other reason than poking the Tree Sloth. If I signed I would tell the Sloth you have me for 5 years plus a franchise year and if the team is still meandering I am out of here

You are so unhappy about absolutely everything about this team I don't know why you are here now.

Come on down to the stadium tomorrow and join the splinter ass Clowns bandwagon jumpers.

They always have room for one more.

Bend It Like Beckham is listed as questionable for tomorrow.  Probably doesn't want to play in the rain.

They have a built in excuse when we kick their asses.

But the negativity shit gets old.  If I hated this team as much as you do I would most certainly find

something else to do with my Sunday afternoons.

And have a nice day.

12 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

You are so unhappy about absolutely everything about this team I don't know why you are here now.

Come on down to the stadium tomorrow and join the splinter ass Clowns bandwagon jumpers.

They always have room for one more.

Bend It Like Beckham is listed as questionable for tomorrow.  Probably doesn't want to play in the rain.

They have a built in excuse when we kick their asses.

But the negativity shit gets old.  If I hated this team as much as you do I would most certainly find

something else to do with my Sunday afternoons.

And have a nice day.

LOL..other than this forum I barely follow the team any longer, just waiting for the Sloth to pass away to see if changes are coming. I am not negative per se, I am a realist. The team is what it is, does what it does. The actions of the team are repeatable and thus the outcomes are predictable. I am resigned to following the team without the emotional attachment. It is much easier that way. 

47 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The team is what it is, does what it does.

and all of the hand wringing and teeth gnashing in the world will never change that fact so what exactly is the point of continually spouting the exact same drivel with every single post?

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

What if he only wanted to sign a one or two year deal after being drafted. Is that possible? 

If he doesn't want to play here we should trade down. 

Could we get Jon Kitna back?  He was "Dead QB Walking" for a full season (2003) after we drafted Palmer, but he accepted the mentoring role and led the team to 8-8 during Marvin's first year.  He led the team back from obscurity, beat the undefeated Chiefs in week 11, and had us flirting with a division title heading into the final week of the season... then he stepped aside and let the rookie take the reigns.  2004 was a practice year, 2005 was 11-5 and a division title....

As a QB Kitna had some shortcomings.  As a leader, he didn't.  I see a lot of parallels between our QB situation 16 years ago and now.  If we draft Burrow and let Dalton handle the transition, both QBs should benefit as it would also boost Dalton's value to teams looking for a capable QB with leadership cred.

But this is a Fire Tobin thread, so I'll be quiet now.  :)

About Tobin?  Hindsight is 20/20.  

Regarding Coaching?  You gotta give this staff some time, to take their licks and get some of their drafts in the bag, and establish something tenable going forward.  Way too early to pull the plug on this situation.  There ain't no better motivator to exceede than getting a tad humiliated. 

Oline desperatly needs shored up, and from that position, when that happens, we can all get a better idea about what the future holds.  Frankly, i like hope.  Wasn't so long ago this team was respectable.  

55 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

What if he only wanted to sign a one or two year deal after being drafted. Is that possible? 

If he doesn't want to play here we should trade down. 

No, he would sign a 4 year deal with an option year (or is it 5 and an option?) - the contract years are preset for each draft spot. 

He may very well like being picked by the Bengals, no idea. Some would not but others just want to play in the big leagues wherever.

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Burrow strikes me as the kind of kid that would embrace trying to rise up a struggling franchise. Everything I've ever seen from him tells me he would gladly accept that challenge. 

He'll yeah. I hope this is the case. 

Now we need to focus on getting a stud right tackle and WR. 2nd round and free agent. 

Look, 1st pick money is $37 mil guaranteed for 4.  5 year option probably $25 mil by then. He isn’t sitting out a year.  That is silly.   We are talking most likely $62 million.  That is even a lot for me. 

Archived