The curious case of Cordy Glenn

So Glenn is two months into the concussion protocol after he self reported symptoms in the 3rd week of the preseason.  He didn't suffer any obvious injuries during the week 2 or 3 games, so it's very difficult to ascertain when the injury occurred.  

Concussions can be tricky, it can be hard to accurately gauge when they occur or when they all. The seeming lack of progression or information regarding Glenn's injury is curious at best.

When you add in the fact that before the season Glenn was moved from LT to LG in favor of the unproven 1st round pick, then back to LT after the annual injury to the first round pick, maybe Glenn isn't in a rush to help a team that drafted his replacement.

I hope I'm wrong about this but I think Glenn is sandbagging his concussion injury and no plans to play for the Bengals anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I hope I'm wrong about this but I think Glenn is sandbagging his concussion injury and no plans to play for the Bengals anytime soon. 

I hope you're right. I've seen all I need to see of Cordy Glenn & maybe this will force the team to replace him instead of the usual routine of bringing back anyone willing to wear their jersey for another year.

I have been steaming over this glad someone brought it up again. No one can really call him a liar but I think he is a piece of shit screwing the Bengals and this will be another avenue players will use to screw teams. I really hope I am wrong but for someone to self report and no one can figure out where the contact that caused the concussion happened just seems pretty much like Bullshit and to have it going on for this long, the guy is a piece of shit. And again I hope I am wrong but he has to be one of,  if not the worst FA pickups. 

30 minutes ago, CalifBengalfan said:

he has to be one of,  if not the worst FA pickups. 

We dropped from 12th pick to 21st in the first round plus swapped 5th for 6th round in the 2018 draft to get him.  Wasn't healthy then and hasn't been since.

9 hours ago, Passepartout said:

Yeah as really your health is more important. Games come and go. But you only have one health. Good luck to Glenn if he ends up playing again either with the Bengals or another team.

I agree 100%, but the lack progression and valid information is just strange. 

Buffalo's QB, Josh Allen was hit in his helmet and was ruled out of the game with a concussion in last weeks game. He was in the concussion protocol for the entire week but it was announced that he was going to play yesterday.  Allen has something to play for so I can understand him wanting to get back in there ASAP, his franchise has invested heavily in his success and the are in the playoff hunt. 

Glenn on the other hand suffered no obvious injury during the game and has had one of the slowest recoveries for a concussion that I can remember.  The symptoms of a concussion are hard to refute, a headache is something that can't be verified with any tech that currently exists and it can come and go, according to my wife whenever it's time for a blow job..🙂.

Alls I'm saying is if a player wanted to fake an injury, the concussion is the route to go and the hardest to disprove.  I'm confident every NFL player has suffered a concussion, based on what I know about concussions(I watched the Will Smith movie so I'm basically an expert, here's a link to my TedX speech on concussions.) Especially an offensive lineman whose job it is to either absorb or initiate a violent collision 60 to 70 times per game.  

If Glenn is truly suffering from a concussion that he can't come back from in a normal time frame or if he doesn't trust the Bengals medical staff, which once again is very understandable, then he should either consider retirement or ask for a trade. I say this because the risk for concussions aren't going away and the Bengals training staff isn't going to dramatically improve anytime soon. 

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I hope you're right. I've seen all I need to see of Cordy Glenn & maybe this will force the team to replace him instead of the usual routine of bringing back anyone willing to wear their jersey for another year.

Getting him back on the field and ready to play would be great as our current situation at LT is a dumpster fire and it's holding this team back from competing and winning games. 

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Getting him back on the field and ready to play would be great as our current situation at LT is a dumpster fire and it's holding this team back from competing and winning games. 

Sure it would, he's better than Smith or whoever they're running out there today.  I wouldn't count on it & have no idea why they did.

Interesting take on an issue that has been on my mind for a while now too.

My thought the other day was watch him milk this out as long as possible then announce his retirement. That seems to be a fitting scenario for this team lately.

I hate to assume bad about someone without any evidence but geez.

also - thanks for the laugh about the wife's headaches  - good stuff! 😂

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I agree 100%, but the lack progression and valid information is just strange. 

Buffalo's QB, Josh Allen was hit in his helmet and was ruled out of the game with a concussion in last weeks game. He was in the concussion protocol for the entire week but it was announced that he was going to play yesterday.  Allen has something to play for so I can understand him wanting to get back in there ASAP, his franchise has invested heavily in his success and the are in the playoff hunt. 

Glenn on the other hand suffered no obvious injury during the game and has had one of the slowest recoveries for a concussion that I can remember.  The symptoms of a concussion are hard to refute, a headache is something that can't be verified with any tech that currently exists and it can come and go, according to my wife whenever it's time for a blow job..🙂.

Alls I'm saying is if a player wanted to fake an injury, the concussion is the route to go and the hardest to disprove.  I'm confident every NFL player has suffered a concussion, based on what I know about concussions(I watched the Will Smith movie so I'm basically an expert, here's a link to my TedX speech on concussions.) Especially an offensive lineman whose job it is to either absorb or initiate a violent collision 60 to 70 times per game.  

If Glenn is truly suffering from a concussion that he can't come back from in a normal time frame or if he doesn't trust the Bengals medical staff, which once again is very understandable, then he should either consider retirement or ask for a trade. I say this because the risk for concussions aren't going away and the Bengals training staff isn't going to dramatically improve anytime soon. 

When it comes to concussions what is valid information?  Some guys just don't bounce back at some point.  As soon as the exert themselves the symptoms come back.  It can take months.  We know they are cumulative. 

Glenn may or may not have symptoms.  He may be scared because the concussions keep getting worse.  He may want his money, and maybe he deserves it.  It's not like the Bengals or the NFL are going to take care of him if he ends up like Tim Krumrie. 

With all of that said, I have a hard time being angry with Cordy Glenn.

I have a buddy who a couple of years ago got hit in the head with a door which caused him to fall down and hit the back of his head as well. He was knocked out for several minutes He sustained a concussion and still today he has the symptoms. Constant headaches. Bright lights bother him. And his memory is all messed up. He lost months of his memory and has never recovered. Not saying one way or the other about Glenn but concussion affect people differently and no case is the same

Sent from my iPad using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

1 hour ago, spidey said:

I have a buddy who a couple of years ago got hit in the head with a door which caused him to fall down and hit the back of his head as well. He was knocked out for several minutes He sustained a concussion and still today he has the symptoms. Constant headaches. Bright lights bother him. And his memory is all messed up. He lost months of his memory and has never recovered. Not saying one way or the other about Glenn but concussion affect people differently and no case is the same

CTE is no joke but they knew about this in the preseason.    

5 hours ago, spidey said:

I agree that concussions affect people differently, but there's no evidence that Glenn suffered an injury close to your friend. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

If Glenn is still having issues then he should simply retire so the organization can move on. 

Why would he do that? Lose out on NFL facilities and shit for what reason? If the team wants to cut him they can cut him. 

1 hour ago, B.A.B. said:

Why would he do that? Lose out on NFL facilities and shit for what reason? If the team wants to cut him they can cut him. 

LOL, Glenn is going to ride this welfare train for all it is worth. Probably play in a few weeks to keep the illusion going. 

The Bengals can’t cut him, they are on the hook for $11 mil dead cap next year.  They need an injury settlement. 

Glenn is laughing to the bank. Dirt bag piece of shit. 

54 minutes ago, SF2 said:

If it’s that bad, retire. He is milking this franchise for millions.  Fuck him. 

So, if he actually still has symptoms and the future of having dementia in his 50s, he should give up the money so you can better enjoy your Sundays? 

If he actually has symptoms he has earned that money.  Fuck all of you that think he should just go home and deal with it.

The bad guys aren't the owners.  The bad guys are the fans that could give two shits about the players that entertain them every weekend. 

No, he should negotiate an injury settlement and try to scrape by on the $53 mil he has already made.  Quit acting like he is some poor coal miner in West Virginia. 

He he has been in concussion protocol for almost 2 months. He has no business ever stepping on an NFL field again.  The league would be stupid to let him play again.  The NHL foolishly let Eric Lindross back on the ice after months of concussion “rehab” and Scott Stevens almost put him in the cemetery. 

The bad guys are the doctors and coaches who are going to pretend he is fine and let him play again.   I care more about him than those jokers, I want him to retire. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

No, he should negotiate an injury settlement and try to scrape by on the $53 mil he has already made.  Quit acting like he is some poor coal miner in West Virginia. 

He he has been in concussion protocol for almost 2 months. He has no business ever stepping on an NFL field again.  The league would be stupid to let him play again.  The NHL foolishly let Eric Lindross back on the ice after months of concussion “rehab” and Scott Stevens almost put him in the cemetery. 

The bad guys are the doctors and coaches who are going to pretend he is fine and let him play again.   I care more about him than those jokers, I want him to retire. 

There are plenty of hockey players that have been out for multiple months on concussion protocol and play again.  Why do you never see that in football?

Contracts are guaranteed in hockey.  They get their money even if they can't play again.  Chris Pronger is a good example.  No one screams that they are milking money.  Only football and football fans. 

Archived