The curious case of Cordy Glenn

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/bengals-cordy-glenn-at-odds-over-handling-of-his-concussion/

Bengals, Cordy Glenn at odds over handling of his concussion

On Wednesday, Bengals tackle Cordy Glenn was cleared to return from a concussion that he suffered in the preseason. But that hardly resolved the situation.

Per multiple sources, the Bengals and Glenn have been at odds regarding the concussion, its symptoms, whether he’s able to return, the need for second opinions, and how the player feels. At some point, the situation prompted the Bengals to fine Glenn $200,000 for conduct detrimental to the team.

As one source explained it to PFT, things got heated on Wednesday. Glenn and a member of the Bengals’ coaching staff argued (a witness thought at one point that it was going to turn physical), and Glenn eventually told coach Zac Taylor to just cut him.

Glenn was upset because he believes that the team rushed him back from his concussion.

A second-round pick of the Bills in 2012, the Bengals traded for Glenn in 2018. Last year, he started 13 of 16 regular-season games.

This is the most interesting story out of the team so far this year

:popcorn:

I like how they said "obviously not at practice" like they normally have a look-alike for missing players or some other crafty deception.  The guy is 6'6" and 350lbs yeah I should think it's obvious if he's not there.

9 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

This is the most interesting story out of the team so far this year

:popcorn:

I like how they said "obviously not at practice" like they normally have a look-alike for missing players or some other crafty deception.  The guy is 6'6" and 350lbs yeah I should think it's obvious if he's not there.

I just wonder if there is more to  'Conduct detrimental'

I feel torn on this situation.

A: on one hand.. shit... get anything you can for him..

he hasn't been here and obviously doesn't want to be

B: If he doesn't want to play for the Bengals, make his ass just sit until he does and keep fining him

It sure would be nice if he would just play.. they could kind of use him... 

Jim Turner, strikes again. The line being a shit-show, between the "retirements", the guys who have flat quit, the injuries and the WEIRD FUCKING DECISION to go all in on Hart goes back to Taylor's decision to hire his bullying friend who has never actually coached a good offensive line. This is lower than lost decade kinda stuff.  

26 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I feel torn on this situation.

A: on one hand.. shit... get anything you can for him..

he hasn't been here and obviously doesn't want to be

B: If he doesn't want to play for the Bengals, make his ass just sit until he does and keep fining him

It sure would be nice if he would just play.. they could kind of use him... 

All he has to do is play a few downs and come out with concussion like symptoms.   The Bengals would be powerless to do anything other than continue giving him his $453K game check.   If he is currently cleared to practice the Bengals should find someone to trade him to now.  He should never step back on the Bengals' practice field again.  If they can't trade him by the deadline, release him.

This ship has sailed.  Trade him for Williams in Washington.  

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

All he has to do is play a few downs and come out with concussion like symptoms.   The Bengals would be powerless to do anything other than continue giving him his $453K game check.   If he is currently cleared to practice the Bengals should find someone to trade him to now.  He should never step back on the Bengals' practice field again.  If they can't trade him by the deadline, release him.

That's a good point, they might have told him to stay home.

27 minutes ago, membengal said:

Jim Turner, strikes again. The line being a shit-show, between the "retirements", the guys who have flat quit, the injuries and the WEIRD FUCKING DECISION to go all in on Hart goes back to Taylor's decision to hire his bullying friend who has never actually coached a good offensive line. This is lower than lost decade kinda stuff.  

I have my doubts that Turner had much to do with Bobby Hart being signed given he never saw Hart practice once and I can't find anything that would indicate they had any type of relationship.  1 guy retired due to blood clots and never spent time with Turner.   That said I didn't like Turner being brought here but I don't think any of this is his doing. 

And as I have said before and took heat for it, Buffalo had just signed Glenn to a new contract the year before and then basically gave him to the Bengals.  No team does that with a good player playing a position very hard to replace that is already under contract unless there is something else going on.   They had plenty of cap space to keep him and did not have a better replacement.

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I have my doubts that Turner had much to do with Bobby Hart being signed given he never saw Hart practice once and I can't find anything that would indicate they had any type of relationship.  1 guy retired due to blood clots and never spent time with Turner. 

And as I have said before and took heat for it, Buffalo had just signed Glenn to a new contract the year before and then basically gave him to the Bengals.  No team does that with a good player playing a position very hard to replace that is already under contract unless there is something else going on.   They had plenty of cap space to keep him and did not have a better replacement.

I assumed they just got scared off by the lingering foot injury, definitely not what you want in an LT.   Well, unless your goal is Redeeming them,

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I have my doubts that Turner had much to do with Bobby Hart being signed given he never saw Hart practice once and I can't find anything that would indicate they had any type of relationship.  1 guy retired due to blood clots and never spent time with Turner. 

And as I have said before and took heat for it, Buffalo had just signed Glenn to a new contract the year before and then basically gave him to the Bengals.  No team does that with a good player playing a position very hard to replace that is already under contract unless there is something else going on.   They had plenty of cap space to keep him.

Jim Turner on Bobby Hart cont: “I just like what he brought to the table as far as energy is concerned. I think he’s an athlete and I think he’s a good player, a good, solid player.”

Hart signed March 11, 2019

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Jim Turner on Bobby Hart cont: “I just like what he brought to the table as far as energy is concerned. I think he’s an athlete and I think he’s a good player, a good, solid player.”

Hart signed March 11, 2019

Coaches always say that shit.  Turner was a new O line coach.  There hadn't been one practice or OTA yet.   How the hell would he know if Hart brought anything?   The person to ask would be the former offensive line coach or the oline coach in New York that let him go.

32 minutes ago, membengal said:

Now that the griping and shenanigans from roster players to get off the sinking ship is beginning, you can bet Bully Boy will be the first heave-ho at season's end. Taylor will need to offer a few sacrificial lambs for his own sake. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Coaches always say that shit.  Turner was a new O line coach.  There hadn't been one practice or OTA yet.   How the hell would he know Hart brought anything?  

I don't know...maybe because it's his job as an NFL coach to see things in players without necessarily having to share sweat on a practice field with them? 

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Now that the griping and shenanigans from roster players to get off the sinking ship is beginning, you can bet Bully Boy will be the first heave-ho at season's end. Taylor will need to offer a few sacrificial lambs for his own sake. 

Now this I totally agree with.  Bringing the guy in was a mistake in the first place but until I hear that he was giving Glenn shit or something like that I have a hard time thinking Turner was the bad guy here. 

4 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I don't know...maybe because it's his job as an NFL coach to see things in players without necessarily having to share sweat on a practice field with them? 

Then the guy must drop a lot of acid because I don't think anyone else saw anything remotely good or energetic about Hart's play LOL.

EDIT: If he called him phenomenal then he should be fired immediately..

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Then the guy must drop a lot of acid because I don't think anyone else saw anything remotely good or energetic about Hart's play LOL.

EDIT: If he called him phenomenal then he should be fired immediately..

"I thought he did a great job," Turner said. "I thought he was phenomenal. I know he gave up some sacks and pressures and all this other business, but if you really watch him play, he played with passion and I thought he played well. I just like what he brought to the table as far as energy is concerned. I think he's an athlete and I think he's a good player, a good, solid player." 

"All this other business" :lmao:

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

"I thought he did a great job," Turner said. "I thought he was phenomenal. I know he gave up some sacks and pressures and all this other business, but if you really watch him play, he played with passion and I thought he played well. I just like what he brought to the table as far as energy is concerned. I think he's an athlete and I think he's a good player, a good, solid player." 

spacer.png

Archived