The curious case of Cordy Glenn

This needs to happen.

Could the Bengals shock the world and actually make a move prior to the NFL trade deadline? 

I’d still say no, but if there is someone who needs to be dealt, it’s Cordy Glenn. 

The embattled left tackle has made it clear he wants out of here, even telling the team to cut him. That, as well as a confrontation in practice with an unnamed coach, led to the Bengals suspended Glenn for a game in Week 7, and they didn’t even bring him to London for Sunday’s Week 8 loss to the Rams.

Turns out, the Bengals are listening to offers for Glenn ahead of Tuesday’s 4pm EST deadline to make trades, according to Tyler Dragon.

The #Bengals are listening to offers for left tackle Cordy Glenn, per sources.

If the Bengals manage to trade Glenn, I can’t imagine it’s anything more than a fifth-round pick, and I imagine it will be closer to a conditional sixth or seventh-round pick that could be higher if he reaches certain playing incentives.

There are plenty of teams that could use help at either tackle spot, and Glenn is also capable of playing guard, so there should be plenty of interest in him. 

The real question is will any offer be enough for the Bengals to go against their stubborn ways and actually trade a player?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The proverbial talking out of both sides of their mouth, if this is to be believed.

If I thought he was going to come back and play and with some heart, I would be all for his return at least for the remainder of this season.

If he is not planning on returning, get rid of him for anything on the table.  His presence, even on some roster in name only as a Bengal would be a turd in our already screwed up punchbowl.  Would also send a message to the players and fans, and not a bad one, that this sort of shit is not acceptable.  

If nothing else, one way or another, I think it may grease the skids to get Turner out of here.  He has been a pain in the ass everywhere he has been.

Go (along with his salary and cap hit), stay and play; shit or get off the pot.  This limbo crap distraction is hurting an already mortally wounded team.

Time for  The Curious Case of Cordy Glenn Act II

Concussion, no concussion, sandbagging lard ass or not, suspension, no trade...

Now the question becomes will he actually take the field and play after the bye week?

And how well if he does?

Enquiring Bengal minds want to know.

Glenn doesn't want to look like he's "quit"--that will not bode well for off-season suitors. Taylor may not play him out of spite (just subjectively musing). The organization will not cut him--not only financially a push, but also would certainly trigger a grievance filing. I doubt VERY seriously there will be an injury settlement. 

It will be the Flying Dutchman for the rest of the season--probably nothing happens on any front. And Cordy will keep getting paid. Great work if you can get it.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 3:47 PM, Le Tigre said:

Glenn doesn't want to look like he's "quit"--that will not bode well for off-season suitors. Taylor may not play him out of spite (just subjectively musing). The organization will not cut him--not only financially a push, but also would certainly trigger a grievance filing. I doubt VERY seriously there will be an injury settlement. 

It will be the Flying Dutchman for the rest of the season--probably nothing happens on any front. And Cordy will keep getting paid. Great work if you can get it.  

Glenn was a healthy scratch after practicing all week and the Bengals started John Jerry at LT.

The Bengals are currently not dressing the LT they traded for and started for them last season while, they are starting a guy who wasn't in the league last year and has never played LT before this season in college or in the NFL.

3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Glenn was a healthy scratch after practicing all week and the Bengals starting John Jerry at LT.

The Bengals are currently not dressing the LT they traded for and started for them last season while they are starting a guy who wasn't in the league last year and has never played LT before this season in his college or in the NFL.

Turner is a registered jackass, this comes as no surprise.  

Just spitballing -

What effect does Boling's retirement have on the rest of the O-Line guys? Watching your friend and teammate retire becaujse of concussion issues has got to affect your outlook on the game.

How much of Cordy Glenn's refusal to play and Redmon's retirement/unretirement drama might be linked to the fact that we hired a guy with the temperament and history Turner brings to the table?

6 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Just spitballing -

What effect does Boling's retirement have on the rest of the O-Line guys? Watching your friend and teammate retire becaujse of concussion issues has got to affect your outlook on the game.

How much of Cordy Glenn's refusal to play and Redmon's retirement/unretirement drama might be linked to the fact that we hired a guy with the temperament and history Turner brings to the table?

I thought Boling retired because of blood clots but I get what you are saying. Keep in mind Glenn had 6 seasons in Buffalo and 5 of them were meh.  Comes to Cincy and the team melts down and all the coaches are canned.

This year was a dumpster fire by the first preseason game.  He has made $54 mil, he might just be done mentally. You come from a program like Georgia and then spend 8 pretty meaningless years in the pros. 

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

I thought Boling retired because of blood clots but I get what you are saying. Keep in mind Glenn had 6 seasons in Buffalo and 5 of them were meh.  Comes to Cincy and the team melts down and all the coaches are canned.

This year was a dumpster fire by the first preseason game.  He has made $54 mil, he might just be done mentally. You come from a program like Georgia and then spend 8 pretty meaningless years in the pros. 

I'm just thinking after years of enjoying the Jazz styling of the Ketchup king, maybe Turner's strategy of calling Cordy Glenn a pussy and threatening to skull fuck Redmond's wife might not have gone down so well with a team that has multiple guys seemingly unwilling to play.

What's funny... THIS will be the thing that keeps him from ever getting another NFL job. The fact that this offensive line suuuuuuucks.

giphy.gif

Archived