The curious case of Cordy Glenn

6 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Especially since that coach is a documented jack ass, Taylor blames Glenn for his failures and wants to make him suffer by watching the Bengals get destroyed on a weekly basis. 

I feel like benching Glenn even though he's practicing is hurting Taylor way more than it's affecting Glenn.

I think other teams don't hold it against players who want out of Cincinnati. Sort of a "Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown" attitude.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Good point..  If that's the case I see why they want to know if he can get back out there.   Better to keep him around until Williams shows something.  Is the roster bonus due at final cuts or before?

It depends on how the contract is structured, some roster bonuses are paid are various days throughout the year.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Good point..  If that's the case I see why they want to know if he can get back out there.   Better to keep him around until Williams shows something.  Is the roster bonus due at final cuts or before?

After but I can’t imagine he is around for that. I would guess he gets shopped before Free Agency begins. 

24 minutes ago, SF2 said:

After but I can’t imagine he is around for that. I would guess he gets shopped before Free Agency begins. 

Yeah I would imagine he's the first player out of the door. It's going to be a fire sale on the vets once the 2020 season begins. Dalton, Glenn, maybe Dunlap, and I'm sure a few others will be traded or cut in the next 6 months.

8 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Can the Bengals file a grievance against this turd and recoup at least some of the guaranteed money paid out?

On what grounds? They already fined him $200k, which will finance the Brown family Christmas, I'm sure if they could get more money back from him they would.

The NFLPA would have a field day if the Bengals tried to do something like you are suggesting. Trying to invalidate concussions is a slippery slope that the Bengals do not want to go down again, remember the Ben Utecht lawsuit that they lost.

13 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Yeah I would imagine he's the first player out of the door. It's going to be a fire sale on the vets once the 2020 season begins. Dalton, Glenn, maybe Dunlap, and I'm sure a few others will be traded or cut in the next 6 months.

Taylor has poisoned the well to the point that the above mentioned will be directly asking for trades/releases. 

Rock bottom is still not yet in sight.

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

Can the Bengals file a grievance against this turd and recoup at least some of the guaranteed money paid out?

Easy there big fella. If they received money back it would free up cap space and people will want Mikey to hit the free agency market. We can't have any of that kind of nonsense going on. 

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Easy there big fella. If they received money back it would free up cap space and people will want Mikey to hit the free agency market. We can't have any of that kind of nonsense going on. 

59 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

For what it's worth, fines of players go to charity. That's in the CBA so teams aren't encourage to fine for everything they can think of.

Besides, do you have any idea how much paperwork is involved?  Faxing it would freeze up the phone line for 5 or 6 minutes as well. 

On 11/22/2019 at 9:09 AM, Le Tigre said:

Taylor has poisoned the well to the point that the above mentioned will be directly asking for trades/releases. 

Rock bottom is still not yet in sight.

On what are you basing your assertion that Taylor has “poisoned the well”?

On 11/22/2019 at 9:05 AM, PatternMaster said:

On what grounds? They already fined him $200k, which will finance the Brown family Christmas, I'm sure if they could get more money back from him they would.

The NFLPA would have a field day if the Bengals tried to do something like you are suggesting. Trying to invalidate concussions is a slippery slope that the Bengals do not want to go down again, remember the Ben Utecht lawsuit that they lost.

He’s been medically cleared for weeks, correct? And practicing?

Archived