Zach Taylor??

8 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

If it takes you damn near 8 quarters to score a TD, it's time to do some self evaluation.

From week 1 until now, this team has regressed each week. In looking at the remainder of the schedule, I'm really not sure we are going to beat anyone. 

17 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

From week 1 until now, this team has regressed each week. In looking at the remainder of the schedule, I'm really not sure we are going to beat anyone. 

Have you guys completely forgotten about The Dead Cat Bounce?   :shrug:   

39 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Not impressed in the least with anything Zac Taylor has done yet (but he does talk purdy, don't he? )....on the other hand, he's never been the head coach of anything at any level in his life, so to even be competitive with experienced NFL coaches is to his credit. And he's got Andy Dalton as a QB, who has played like a turd in the toilet, and you can't win with turds.

I believe I read somewhere Joe Gibbs started his NFL career off 0-5.......so there's that.

So did Sam Wyche in 1984...

He came into this eyes wide open...so don't feel too sorry for him. Don't blame him for taking the job--how many people go from a QB coach to HC of one of the NFL 32 teams? I admit, I was 100% ML, and I still believe he never should have been fired. With that said, I guess this new guy should get a pass for this season--with all of the talent deficiencies about. He'll get some higher draft picks to work with--maybe even that sainted QB--and get a few others healthy again. I also suppose he will jettison Callahan, Lou, and (maybe) Bully Boy as sacrificial lambs. He'll get to further involve himself in the selection process--but that will place bigger crosshairs on his back, as it will be all on him. 

After a 5-11 next season, either he'll continue to get passes and MB will hang onto him for dear life, or he'll find the scrap heap. Who can tell?    

On 10/7/2019 at 2:08 PM, Duluoz said:

Not impressed in the least with anything Zac Taylor has done yet (but he does talk purdy, don't he? )....on the other hand, he's never been the head coach of anything at any level in his life, so to even be competitive with experienced NFL coaches is to his credit. And he's got Andy Dalton as a QB, who has played like a turd in the toilet, and you can't win with turds.

I believe I read somewhere Joe Gibbs started his NFL career off 0-5.......so there's that.

Jimmy Johnson was 1-15 in his first season with Dallas. FWIW.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

Jimmy Johnson was 1-15 in his first season with Dallas. FWIW.

Meh, I don’t think our offensive line is loaded with future pro bowlers and I don’t see the rookie hall of fame QB either. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Meh, I don’t think our offensive line is loaded with future pro bowlers and I don’t see the rookie hall of fame QB either. 

Pro bowlers and at least one HoF'er in Allen.  

My mistake, Allen was drafted a few years later

On 10/7/2019 at 3:43 PM, Le Tigre said:

He came into this eyes wide open...so don't feel too sorry for him. Don't blame him for taking the job--how many people go from a QB coach to HC of one of the NFL 32 teams? I admit, I was 100% ML, and I still believe he never should have been fired. With that said, I guess this new guy should get a pass for this season--with all of the talent deficiencies about. He'll get some higher draft picks to work with--maybe even that sainted QB--and get a few others healthy again. I also suppose he will jettison Callahan, Lou, and (maybe) Bully Boy as sacrificial lambs. He'll get to further involve himself in the selection process--but that will place bigger crosshairs on his back, as it will be all on him. 

After a 5-11 next season, either he'll continue to get passes and MB will hang onto him for dear life, or he'll find the scrap heap. Who can tell?    

I always respect your opinion whether I agree or not.  But damn LT, that took some real big balls to say that in public!!!!!

8 hours ago, westside bengal said:

I always respect your opinion whether I agree or not.  But damn LT, that took some real big balls to say that in public!!!!!

Agree and this is NOT intended as personal against LeT at all.  Always respect his opinion and input most of the time. (sounds like something

Marv would say, eh?)

Considering the personnel available to field on Sundays I don't see how Marvin and his sad sack coaching staff would or could have done any better.

Zac inherited most of this crap and the draft did him no favors with the annual IR first round draft choice, invisible second round pick (whom I had high

hopes for), and Malick Jefferson 2.0 third rounder.  And Malick Jefferson is not even on the team.  Injured AJ, Ross the Loss his usual injured, Cordy the 

Quitter, Bad Andy, et al.

For me, my oversized sig 👇🏼 sez it all.

Again, please don't miss the point outside of the parenthetical:

Taylor inherited the line/LB disasters--two incredibly important pieces. Until those are repaired, his overall abilities (or lack) cannot be clearly evaluated. 

Anyone coming in, would have this problem. 

On 10/10/2019 at 6:57 AM, Le Tigre said:

Again, please don't miss the point outside of the parenthetical:

Taylor inherited the line/LB disasters--two incredibly important pieces. Until those are repaired, his overall abilities (or lack) cannot be clearly evaluated. 

Anyone coming in, would have this problem. 

I don't think most coaches would draft a TE in 2nd round when their Oline and LB corps are so decimated. 

Drafting Sample was a huge reach and a luxury pick when they could have drafted a player at position of need instead. 

6 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I don't think most coaches would draft a TE in 2nd round when their Oline and LB corps are so decimated. 

Drafting Sample was a huge reach and a luxury pick when they could have drafted a player at position of need instead. 

By the way, whatever happened to the linebacker they drafted?

Archived