2020 Draft Order Tracker

2 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I don't want to go 0-fer.  The last team to do that has a stink that they can never wash off.  And since we share the state with those chuckleheads I'd like to stay as far away from that funk as we can.  1-15 is perfectly fine.

I'd also prefer the top pick at 1-15 but if 0-16 is what it takes, bring on the losses. 

15 hours ago, turningpoint said:

Top pick I'm hoping we trade it to the dolphins for their #1 and Stealers #1. We could get joe burrow and another online man.

Trade dalton for a 2nd rounder as well and boom we have 4 picks in the top 50.

Bottom line is I don't think we would get a second rounder for Andy.

From what I've read, if we cut him before June 1 we save cap money (hello, AJ) and a team

could get him for nothing.  Maybe we would get one of those valuable 6th round draft picks as compensation.

Also, a lot of other intriguing quarterbacks may be out there:

"The potential free-agent class this year features not only some of those potential cut names above, but potentially Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota, to name a few. If teams want a stopgap, they might just gobble up one of the free agents or a rookie as opposed to giving up draft capital in a trade for Dalton."

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/06/andy-dalton-contract-cincinnati-bengals-cut-qb/

The Bengals were "done" with Norman after '92, but still managed to get a 3rd from the Jets (used to take Steve Tovar!). There were a several teams which expressed interest, but were willing to go with the release hope. Jets decided not to wait. 

Of course, here we go with "but that was the magnificent Norman, not this trash bag AD" poppycock. Not doing a real comparison, simply looking at the number of potential suitors and who wants to wait it out.   

I'd be surprised if any team was willing to give a 2nd rounder for Dalton. But I was able to get a 3rd for him the last couple of years in mock offseasons from the Redskins (before they took Haskins) and Chargers (who wanted someone younger than Rivers). 

Prescott will be tagged if he doesn't sign an extension. Bridgewater might be tagged if Brees retires. 

Nobody wants Winston or Mariota as a starter. Dalton has a contract for 17 mil for next year. Nobody wants to pay that much to a backup QB. Not many teams would want Andy as their starter. Maybe da Bears. Otherwise teams will wait for him to get cut, and sign him to a backup-appropriate deal for 5-6 mil per year. He'd have multiple suitors for a backup gig.

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'd be surprised if any team was willing to give a 2nd rounder for Dalton. But I was able to get a 3rd for him the last couple of years in mock offseasons from the Redskins (before they took Haskins) and Chargers (who wanted someone younger than Rivers). 

Prescott will be tagged if he doesn't sign an extension. Bridgewater might be tagged if Brees retires. 

Nobody wants Winston or Mariota as a starter. Dalton has a contract for 17 mil for next year. Nobody wants to pay that much to a backup QB. Not many teams would want Andy as their starter. Maybe da Bears. Otherwise teams will wait for him to get cut, and sign him to a backup-appropriate deal for 5-6 mil per year. He'd have multiple suitors for a backup gig.

I think the Bears would take him on his final year.  They think their window for a Superbowl is open right now and Trubisky sucks.  They need a guy who can game manage ASAP.   Tenn and the Bucs might take him on a 1 year as well just to see if he can be their guy.  Don't know how much they would give the Bengals though.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I think the Bears would take him on his final year.  They think their window for a Superbowl is open right now and Trubisky sucks.  They need a guy who can game manage ASAP.   Tenn and the Bucs might take him on a 1 year as well just to see if he can be their guy.  Don't know how much they would five the Bengals though.

If the Bears want Dalton in the offseason, the Bengals could accept say a 2nd round pick for 2021, increasing to a 1st if the Bears win a playoff game. Or take the Raiders 2nd round pick for 2020 which the Bears have from the Mack trade. 

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

If the Bears want Dalton in the offseason, the Bengals could accept say a 2nd round pick for 2021, increasing to a 1st if the Bears win a playoff game. Or take the Raiders 2nd round pick for 2020 which the Bears have from the Mack trade. 

Well, that would be nice but I am not sure they would do that.  Not that Dalton might not be worth that but I think the Bengals are more sellers than the Bears are buyers. Obviously, if Mitch gets his shit together then it won't matter.   I honestly think Cincy  will get some decent offers for Andy.  Give him time to throw and he can get shit done. No drama.   Class act. 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Well, that would be nice but I am not sure they would do that.  Not that Dalton might not be worth that but I think the Bengals are more sellers than the Bears are buyers. Obviously, if Mitch gets his shit together then it won't matter.   I honestly think Cincy  will get some decent offers for Andy.  Give him time to throw and he can get shit done. No drama.   Class act. 

If a team wants Dalton as their starter, they should be willing to pay at least a 2nd rounder for him. But there probably aren't many teams looking at Andy as starting material. Maybe Tampa or Tennesee could use him. But his future imo is as a veteran backup/mentor who doesn't need many practice reps. A rich man's Hoyer or Henne.

1 hour ago, BENGALS666 said:

Why would any team want Dalton as their starter?

He's decent injury insurance. Feels like he'll end up traveling a lot after he leaves here.

Because he can start immediately and not see ghosts like Sam Darnold or flat out suck like Josh Rosen or Winston.  Not saying he is a long term solution but a decent stopgap.  

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Against Maryland, OSU could literally play turtles and still win by 50. 

One-game, or future problems? The NCAA can be as erratic as the NFL with their punishments.   

A grown man unable to get a loan because some old rich douche bags want total control.  Pathetic.

On 11/5/2019 at 4:39 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I think the stink belongs on Mikey and he needs to wear it. Maybe all Bengals fans will have to wear garlic cloves around their necks to ward off the smell. 

Picturing a row of fans at PBS with the paper bags & garlic clove necklaces, its a funny thought

Archived