The Cincinnati Bengals have officially added Alex Redmond to the 53-man roster. Redmond’s roster exemption expired today, 

To make room for him, the Bengals waived cornerback Greg Mabin.

Redmond, a third-year veteran, had returned to the team on a roster exemption on Tuesday after serving a suspension for Games 1-4. He’ll likely be in the mix for a starting spot if the offensive line continues to struggle, especially at left guard where Michael Jordan is having a very rocky rookie season. 

Mabin, a third-year player, had been signed off the practice squad on Sept. 25. Mabin played in Game 4 vs. the Pittsburgh Stealers and was inactive for Sunday’s game vs. the Arizona Cardinals. The Bengals will probably try to re-sign him to the practice squad. 

Waiving Mabin makes sense if fellow cornerback Darqueze Dennard is activated from PUP in the coming weeks. Dennard opened the season there after undergoing offseason knee surgery. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

He is a decent NFL backup.  

...when he was taking PEDs or whatever he was taking/doing.  Perhaps without that "help", he may be nothing more than a traffic cone (which may still be an improvement over what we have).

11 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

What the hell is an OLT? 

Offensive Left Tackle?  At least I thought that was one of those trendy alphabet terms that lose me.  Like GOAT.  In ancient days, being a goat was, I think, short for scapegoat and someone blamed for losing a game.  Now its Greatest Of All Time.  So hard to keep up.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Since when is that a requirement for a Bengals LT?

Being Offensive is a requirement for being a Bengal Left Tackle.

As in "Bengals Left Tackle, Cordy Glenn, is an offensive sandbagging assclown just picking up a paycheck".

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Like GOAT.  In ancient days, being a goat was, I think, short for scapegoat and someone blamed for losing a game.  Now its Greatest Of All Time.  

I know - that drives me crazy. In those terms, I refer to Jeremy Hill in our last playoff game as the goat.

Not sure where this fits but I was at the game and, quite frankly, not paying a lot of attention.

I did not realize that Andre had left the game some time in the second half with an ankle injury

and was replaced by Jerry John or John Jerry or whoever he is.  And he did OK.

How about Jordan and Billy as guards if Jimmy John is a serviceable Offensive Left Tackle?

Interesting thought for the interior of the O line.

At least until Glenn or Glennda come back or the second coming of Christ, whichever comes first.

On 10/9/2019 at 8:58 AM, High School Harry said:

Offensive Left Tackle?  At least I thought that was one of those trendy alphabet terms that lose me.  Like GOAT.  In ancient days, being a goat was, I think, short for scapegoat and someone blamed for losing a game.  Now its Greatest Of All Time.  So hard to keep up.

Being Offensive is a requirement for being a Bengal Left Tackle.

As in "Bengals Left Tackle, Cordy Glenn, is an offensive sandbagging assclown just picking up a paycheck".

Noted. Like in the old days, it was WLB (weak side LB)--now getting all coolness and call it "WILL". 

So now, just call OLT  "OHSHIT"?

15 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Noted. Like in the old days, it was WLB (weak side LB)--now getting all coolness and call it "WILL". 

So now, just call OLT  "OHSHIT"?

Is PBS Paul Brown Stadium or Public Broadcasting System where they show those cool BBC mysteries?

Of course a lot that goes on at Paul Brown Stadium PBS is a mystery, too.

Archived