https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/10/9/20906709/billy-price-ravens-news-john-jerry-alex-redmond-bengals

The Bengals’ offensive line is in shambles, so Zac Taylor is trying something different this week.

On Wednesday, Taylor announced that Billy Price will be starting at left guard vs. the Ravens in Week 6. Price replaces rookie Michael Jordan, who has been arguably the worst starting lineman this season, which is saying something on a line that has Bobby Hart.

In addition, Taylor said backup guards John Jerry and Alex Redmond will get reps at left tackle this week. That’s because Andre Smith is battling an ankle injury that has him in a walking boot.

Jerry actually played well in Week 5 when he came off the bench to finish the game vs. the Cardinals. Redmond, on the other hand, has spent his entire career at right guard thus far, so it will be interesting to see if he can be effective at tackle.

The odds however, are highly unlikely, especially when the left tackle is ideally your best pass-blocker, an area Redmond has been a major liability at. 

But hey, the Bengals are 0-5 for a reason, so they might as well tank harder leave no stone unturned.

Ooh we're back to a rotation on the OL! How exciting! That didn't take long.  That's some 4d chess: no one can criticize your roster choice if you never make one.  And why not start Alex Redmond at LT?  Hey why not Preston Brown or fuck it, one of the cheerleaders? Let's give everyone a turn since we don't have any kind of plan anyway.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Ooh we're back to a rotation on the OL! How exciting! That didn't take long.  That's some 4d chess: no one can criticize your roster choice if you never make one.  And why not start Alex Redmond at LT?  Hey why not Preston Brown or fuck it, one of the cheerleaders? Let's give everyone a turn since we don't have any kind of plan anyway.

When they all suck it can be hard to determine which one sucks less. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

If only we had someone whose job it was to make these decisions.  I guess Coach Restraining Order already tried leaving violent rape threats in their voicemails and is all out of ideas.

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

This quote deserves a spot in the hall of fame.  Well done.   I am going to put that in my sig for a little while. 

42 minutes ago, crazycat said:

Well Taylor could keep it as it is, that has worked so well. Might as well try something different.

Week 6 on the road at Baltimore is probably not the place to start experimenting, but all the Dalton haters should be happy

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/10/11/20910116/bengals-vs-ravens-injury-report-carlos-dunlap-declared-out

Carlos Dunlap out.

Also Ryan Glenn

And Kerry Wynn

Conspiracy Theory Harry wonders if this is partially a way of getting real game look-sees at the young 'uns,

Brown, Wrenn can step up if Dunlap or Atkins are traded.

The 10/29 trade deadline nears and that falls during the Bye Weej and after the London game.

Great timing if the Bengals would trade for a player (Trent Williams?) to get him up to speed

or if the trade is for a draft choice, more time to get the new look d line some more practice together.

Carry On

4 hours ago, gupps said:

Know whats sad? I just want the Bengals to be competitive.

Know whats worse? I don't expect them to be.

Over before halftime. Prove me wrong ZiT.

This season has the same feel as the '93 season--in my mind the worst in franchise history. There was never a game during that year that one could ever hope for anything good to happen on ether side of the ball. They scraped out a few wins, but for the life of me, I never knew how. The only good thing I can ever recall from that year, was a long bomb from Klingler to Jeff Query--and I don't even think it was a TD.

Archived