FDA-approved Bengals @ Rats Gameday Thread

4 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Nice call, kind of...

He looked horrible in a traditional offense.  Kudos to the Ravens for building an offense around him to allow him to shine.  No chance the Bengals or most NFL teams would ever do that. 

His long term health is still a question mark.  The hits will come....

On 10/15/2019 at 8:44 AM, UncleEarl said:

Nice call, kind of...

He looked horrible in a traditional offense.  Kudos to the Ravens for building an offense around him to allow him to shine.  No chance the Bengals or most NFL teams would ever do that. 

His long term health is still a question mark.  The hits will come....

I don't care if his style of play only nets a 4 or 5 year career the potential upside for those years was way more than we'll ever see out of the Red Rider BB gun. 

11 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

I don't care if his style of play only nets a 4 or 5 year career the potential upside for those years was way more than we'll ever see out of the Red Rider BB gun. 

I think this notion that a running QB is going to get hurt is a bit outdated.  Every year the NFL passes more rules to protect QB's.  If they get hit in the legs at all it's potentially a foul, that makes it very easy for the right type of player to break tackles & make big plays.  Would not surprise me to see a QB option-styled offense in the NFL again if this trend continues.

18 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I think this notion that a running QB is going to get hurt is a bit outdated.  Every year the NFL passes more rules to protect QB's.  If they get hit in the legs at all it's potentially a foul, that makes it very easy for the right type of player to break tackles & make big plays.  Would not surprise me to see a QB option-styled offense in the NFL again if this trend continues.

I've yet to see refs make calls on QBs running the football.  Ask Cam Newton.  Once they take off they are suppose to be fair game.

18 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I've yet to see refs make calls on QBs running the football.  Ask Cam Newton.  Once they take off they are suppose to be fair game.

You've never seen a defender get flagged because the QB decided to slide after they'd already committed to the tackle?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

You've never seen a defender get flagged because the QB decided to slide after they'd already committed to the tackle?

Hell, they flagged a Detroit Lion corner just for diving while trying to intercept a Brett Favre errr  Aaron Rodgers pass.   That said, I saw Lamar Jackson take a few wicked shots last year trying to get an extra yard or two.  There were no flags.   He has been a little more intelligent this year. 

On 10/17/2019 at 10:16 AM, T-Dub said:

Not talking about slides.  Talking about running QBs.  Jackson out there running. 

If you have watched the Panthers much over the past 5 years you would say they often don't get flagged when they hit Newton.  There  are a whole litany of head hits on Newton as a runner that didn't get flagged.

17 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Not talking about slides.  Talking about running QBs.  Jackson out there running. 

If you have watched the Panthers much over the past 5 years you would say they often don't get flagged when they hit Newton.  There  are a whole litany of head hits on Newton as a runner that didn't get flagged.

He does seem to get targeted quite a bit for whatever reason, more so than others.  NFL has a certain list of guys they want to protect & then it's open season on everyone else to make up for it.

Archived