It's obvious that Zac Taylor is in over his head

I think it's fair to say that Taylor lost the locker room early.

Redmon's retirement/not retirement, the case of Cordy Glenn, AJ Green.... This hes every indication of a coach that has guys that don't want to play for him.

Beyond the guys who have just plain refused to suit up... You have the body language of every guy on the field to tell you that no one is buying into Taylor's system.

18 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Redmon's retirement/not retirement, the case of Cordy Glenn, AJ Green.... This hes every indication of a coach that has guys that don't want to play for him.

Beyond the guys who have just plain refused to suit up... You have the body language of every guy on the field to tell you that no one is buying into Taylor's system.

Again I ask...  What system?

Otherwise agree, he's definitely poisoned that well. I can only hope it's a ploy to force them to blow up the roster? Could Taylor be that crafty? 

17c.png

4 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Couldnt agree more...

13 hours ago, sparky151 said:

But it's not the Bengals way. 

MFB said it himself - these are people with families, and cutting them loose is hard on them. Which is noble in almost every case. But let's see how well that works when your revenue goes down the toilet.

59 minutes ago, Cat said:

MFB said it himself - these are people with families, and cutting them loose is hard on them. Which is noble in almost every case. But let's see how well that works when your revenue goes down the toilet.

His overall revenue doesn't drop substantially from a lack of asses in the seats.  40% of all gate receipts from every club gets put back into pot and evenly split among the teams.   The Bengals revenue will be around $380 mil this year which only beats Oakland and the Chargers.   . The average is about $439 mil.  Cowboys are an outlier with about $900 mil.   $255 mil is from national TV rights each team gets.  

Salary Cap is $188.2 mil, Bengals spent about $179 mil plus whatever is on practice squad.  

So the team has around $200 mil to operate the franchise after paying player salaries.  Unlike many franchises they don't have to spend nearly as much on stadium upkeep and the cost of doing business in Cincinnati is low compared to many cities.  At the end of the day, the amount of extra time and revenue the Brown family would need to spend to  POSSIBLY increase overall profitability isn't worth it to them.

1 hour ago, Cat said:

On the other hand, there are unemployed good coaches with families who could use the work, Mr. Brown....firing one set of coaches just leads to hiring another set, so your excuse doesn't work.

38 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

On the other hand, there are unemployed good coaches with families who could use the work, Mr. Brown....firing one set of coaches just leads to hiring another set, so your excuse doesn't work.

Derp. Thought you thought I was making that excuse... :P

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

His overall revenue doesn't drop substantially from a lack of asses in the seats.  40% of all gate receipts from every club gets put back into pot and evenly split among the teams.   The Bengals revenue will be around $380 mil this year which only beats Oakland and the Chargers.   . The average is about $439 mil.  Cowboys are an outlier with about $900 mil.   $255 mil is from national TV rights each team gets.  

Salary Cap is $188.2 mil, Bengals spent about $179 mil plus whatever is on practice squad.  

So the team has around $200 mil to operate the franchise after paying player salaries.  Unlike many franchises they don't have to spend nearly as much on stadium upkeep and the cost of doing business in Cincinnati is low compared to many cities.  At the end of the day, the amount of extra time and revenue the Brown family would need to spend to  POSSIBLY increase overall profitability isn't worth it to them.

To be juuuust a little bit fair to Mikey Boy, he's also in a league where teams have Billionaire owners and can afford to run their clubs at a loss. (See Snyder, Dan.) Jerry Jones can afford to just put in a 91 acre training facility.

The Star is the 91-acre campus of the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters and practice facility in Frisco, Texas. Developed as a first-of-its-kind partnership between the City of Frisco and Frisco ISD, The Star gives fans the opportunity to connect with the Dallas Cowboys in ways they have never imagined.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14878969/how-jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-changing-game-new-training-facility

Oh, friggin' wait....

The complex will generate millions in revenue, and the Cowboys will get a percentage of that cash, whether it's from charging rent, partnerships like the one it has with the Omni or selling memorabilia from its pro shop. The Cowboys, who sold naming rights to their new headquarters to Ford Motor Co., will also have considerable office space to rent out in a booming community with a population that has grown from around 33,000 to over 150,000 since 2000.

In a way, it's not much different than when Jones showed his fellow NFL owners how to earn hundreds of millions more in the mid-1990s with stadium sponsorship agreements instead of relying solely on the league's deals. Or when he reset the standard for sports palaces with the opening of AT&T Stadium in 2009.

"What we've done with our stadium and this project creates a cache that also reflects in [television] rights fees and a lot of other things," Jones said. "People want to deal with successful and progressive entities. That's who they want to partner with."

This is why Mikey's a Millionaire and Jones is a Billionaire. This is why Mikey's a trust fund baby and Jerry Jones paid $140M in 1989 and is bringing in $900M in 2019.

Face it. Mike Brown is a major loser. Jerry Jones went from a failed Shakey's Pizza owner who owed the Teamsters 1 Million dollars to be worth $8.4B. Mikey was given a machine that prints money and he uses it to print out one dollar bills. The product on the field reflects that.

5 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

F me that's depressing to read back. Is it too late to just be a Cowboy's fan? I still get to hate the 49ers. That's good.

Yep, Jerry Jones is building actual income producing MULTI-USE real estate, a media empire and a fan experience that will be the envy of MOST professional sports teams world wide.   He also partners with local governments and makes partnerships BENEFICIAL and enjoyable.

The Colts and the city of Indy built Lucas Oil field which is a huge revenue generator for the city and is beautiful.   

The Brown Family held the city hostage, built a barely used monument to Paul Brown and in 20 years the predictions of a huge economic development has crawled along at a snails pace. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

How does a pizza restaurant end up owing the Teamsters a million bucks?

"Bada-bing, bada-boom, fuggedaboutit?"

That's... Interesting. 

Because Jerry Jones does NOTHING halfway. Love him or hate him... The Devil is having nightmares about the day that man dies.

5 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Because Jerry Jones does NOTHING halfway. Love him or hate him... The Devil is having nightmares about the day that man dies.

Said it before but I was raised in a strict Cowboys home :D  It's definitely a bit of both.  Love what he's done for the team & area but hate how he treated Landry & Johnson.. plus his generally oozing skeeviness.  He also played a major part in turning NFL football into sports entertainment, but that was probably inevitable.  

Still waiting on this league's turn at the "gambling scandal" sweepstakes that cleans things up.  Not holding my breath, though.  Unlike the other pro sports, this one was built on gambling.

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

F me that's depressing to read back. Is it too late to just be a Cowboy's fan? I still get to hate the 49ers. That's good.

Not to depress further, but they also have controlling rights to a local high-end golf course not too far from The Star (which I have played--and it is unbelievably good)

signature-star-hole.jpg

Archived