Are you wanting to tank right now for picks?

I am in full tank mode, if we get AJ back and end up 7-9 we are only hurting ourselves. whereas two picks in the top 35 picks in the draft could fix the team QUICKLY, IMO.. adding 3 top talent guys plus getting healthy guys back makes for a solid roster..

thoughts?  i know some hate tanking no matter what... but i want top 5 picks.

Few things

1. I do not trust this team at all with a top 2 pick. 

2. I'd prefer to trade down as much as possible and exclusively draft lineman on both sides and linebackers.

3. Firm believer that the college kids are coming out way more prepared than they were just 10 years ago. Believe competent QBs can be picked up in the 5th round or later. Even undrafted free agents. But we got two on the roster now that showed glimpses during preseason sooooo, I doubt we really need to draft a qb.  

Tank? No. But I think they are so bad, they will finish in the bottom five. The Bengals need a high pick, take your future QB and start building this team. At this point I’d trade Glenn, Green, Dunlap and/or Atkins. Get what you can and load up for the future. This team is smashed assholes. Terrible.

1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

Few things

1. I do not trust this team at all with a top 2 pick. 

2. I'd prefer to trade down as much as possible and exclusively draft lineman on both sides and linebackers.

3. Firm believer that the college kids are coming out way more prepared than they were just 10 years ago. Believe competent QBs can be picked up in the 5th round or later. Even undrafted free agents. But we got two on the roster now that showed glimpses during preseason sooooo, I doubt we really need to draft a qb.  

Who are these QBs you speak of? Brady...who else?

You're picking in the top 3 for a reason. Pick the f'n QB!

Believe it or not, but starting O-Lineman can be had in the middle rounds, even if this dumb team has rarely been able to do it. 

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

I am in full tank mode, if we get AJ back and end up 7-9 we are only hurting ourselves. whereas two picks in the top 35 picks in the draft could fix the team QUICKLY, IMO.. adding 3 top talent guys plus getting healthy guys back makes for a solid roster..

thoughts?  i know some hate tanking no matter what... but i want top 5 picks.

Finish 7-9 ? Funny guy. AJ or not we are not winning 3 games let alone 7

This is frustrating.  As bad as this offensive line is, Tom Brady and Barry Sanders wouldn't have a win on this team.  We need to do more than tank.

1. Sign over the team to Katie and Troy (only realistic possibility)

2. Fire Duke Tobin and Jim Turner

3. Sign Louis Riddick as the new GM

4. Trade any combination of Andy, AJ, Geno, Carlos and Ross

4. Sign a free agent RT and Guard

5. Let Louis Riddick handle the draft and lock MB, Katie and Troy in a room together playing Monopoly

18 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Who are these QBs you speak of? Brady...who else?

You're picking in the top 3 for a reason. Pick the f'n QB!

Believe it or not, but starting O-Lineman can be had in the middle rounds, even if this dumb team has rarely been able to do it. 

The kid killing it for Carolina undrafted rookie.

The one winning games with Pitt and doing what Daltons original job was (just not lose the game) is also undrafted.

The dude in Chicago was undrafted too. He did alright. Especially compared to him being undrafted and the guy he is replacing was a top pick.

Have you been watching?  :)    

Only way I pick a QB first is if the o-line is fixed beforehand. Assuming Miller isn't a bust, we are set at LT and C. That leaves both guards (or maybe 1 depending on Price and Jordan) and RT that need new blood.  There are only 3 ways to do that

Trade down for extra picks (like a 2nd)                              Possible, but you may lose out on franchise QB

Trade existing players for picks                                           Less possible, it's what I'd would prefer tho

Mike brow overpays for quality free agent Olineman        :24: :24: :24: :24: :24: :24: :24:   Like THAT'S gonna happen

Like I said I'd prefer #2, I think we could get something for AJ/Eifert?Gio tho I'd hate to lose any of them

24 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

The kid killing it for Carolina undrafted rookie.

The one winning games with Pitt and doing what Daltons original job was (just not lose the game) is also undrafted.

The dude in Chicago was undrafted too. He did alright. Especially compared to him being undrafted and the guy he is replacing was a top pick.

Have you been watching?  :)    

I have been watching

Allen looks good so far.

The third stringer on Pittsburgh won one game and did nothing 

Chase Daniel? He went 1-1

This is your basis for passing on a QB and picking "lineman"?

I guess my question is, what are YOU watching?

11 minutes ago, gupps said:

Only way I pick a QB first is if the o-line is fixed beforehand. Assuming Miller isn't a bust, we are set at LT and C. That leaves both guards (or maybe 1 depending on Price and Jordan) and RT that need new blood.  There are only 3 ways to do that

Trade down for extra picks (like a 2nd)                              Possible, but you may lose out on franchise QB

Trade existing players for picks                                           Less possible, it's what I'd would prefer tho

Mike brow overpays for quality free agent Olineman        :24: :24: :24: :24: :24: :24: :24:   Like THAT'S gonna happen

Like I said I'd prefer #2, I think we could get something for AJ/Eifert?Gio tho I'd hate to lose any of them

This is nonsensical

You'd pass on a Qb that you like because your line isn't fixed...got it

3 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

I have been watching

Allen looks good so far.

The third stringer on Pittsburgh won one game and did nothing 

Chase Daniel? He went 1-1

This is your basis for passing on a QB and picking "lineman"?

I guess my question is, what are YOU watching?

We got decent qbs on the bench right now. Will they ever get a shot? It appears not. No matter how bad Dalton plays. 

No need to draft Tua or whoever. But I would take Hurts.  We need big slobber knockers. I'd actually roll with Dalton if forced to and draft almost all lineman

4 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

This is nonsensical

You'd pass on a Qb that you like because your line isn't fixed...got it

Not really. You put a rookie QB behind this line and you are setting him up for failure IMHO. Since it is very unlikely Brown releases enough benjamins to sign a blue-chip guard/tackle (or LB, forgot those suck also) you are oly left with picks 2 thru 3 or 4 to fix the oline .  Dalton is having a crappy year because he has no running game and bad pass protection. Can you imagine a rookie behind that line?  No thanks.

What do they have to lose by putting Finley out there next week instead of Dalton? I mean how hard is it to lose 7 games in a row? 

FWIW, I’m willing to bet big that Marcus Mariota is the starter here in Cincinnati next year. Not saying he’s any better but he’s going to get cut in Tenn and I guarantee ya that Taylor will think they can fix him by putting him in a system that’s better suited for him. 
Mariota in, Dalton out....Chase Young #2 overall. Calling my shot early.  

8 minutes ago, spicoli said:

What do they have to lose by putting Finley out there next week instead of Dalton? I mean how hard is it to lose 7 games in a row? 

I agree completely. The season is long, long, long gone, and switching QBs will at least give the fans something to hang onto.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

FWIW, I’m willing to bet big that Marcus Mariota is the starter here in Cincinnati next year. Not saying he’s any better but he’s going to get cut in Tenn and I guarantee ya that Taylor will think they can fix him by putting him in a system that’s better suited for him. 
Mariota in, Dalton out....Chase Young #2 overall. Calling my shot early.  

We actually gain a lot by playing him so we can see what we have before the 2020 draft.  

Same with the olgeski kid or whatever his name. We need to see what we got there too. Both looked good preseason.  Get um in now. Don't wait till week 15. 

3 hours ago, gupps said:

Not really. You put a rookie QB behind this line and you are setting him up for failure IMHO. Since it is very unlikely Brown releases enough benjamins to sign a blue-chip guard/tackle (or LB, forgot those suck also) you are oly left with picks 2 thru 3 or 4 to fix the oline .  Dalton is having a crappy year because he has no running game and bad pass protection. Can you imagine a rookie behind that line?  No thanks.

Who cares if the Rookie gets lit up?  You think he is learning anything watching this shit show?  Dalton is done. He made so many terrible passes it reminded me of Driskel last year. 

Archived