Are you wanting to tank right now for picks?

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

If you are going to tank for two years, I want Trevor Lawrence instead.

I think Fields has more overall talent. I also think he'll end up with a higher draft grade from scouts when it's all said and done.

He's playing in the perfect developmental system for today's NFL, IMO......scary to think about how good he'll become after another full season under Day and Co..

Yes, the Bengals should tank. That would take the form of playing Finley instead of Dalton, and giving the young players more snaps to see what we have.  The problem is that while the Dolphins have a plan and a future, the Bengals dont. At least until Mike Brown is several years in the grave. Waste and wishful thinking are the Bengals way. We sign coaches who don't belong in the NFL to coach up players who don't belong either. Bobby Hart got cut from the Giants terrible O-line and we give him a big contract instead of a minimum salary deal with a chance to make the roster. 

If the team eschews free agent signings for impact players and relies chiefly on the draft, then drafts poorly, the results will be poor. We've used 3 first round picks and a 2nd rounder on O-linemen in the last 5 years. None started at the position drafted for us yesterday. Additionally dropping from 12 to 21 last year valued Cordy Glenn at an early 2nd round pick. He also didn't start.

9 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

FWIW, a lot of draft pages have Tau and Burrows as 1-2 and some have Burrows at 1. I have never seen Burrows play so no comment on him from me. 

BTW, his name is Burrow.  :smile: Learn it, he's our next QB.

Maybe.  :lol: 

11 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

FWIW, a lot of draft pages have Tau and Burrows as 1-2 and some have Burrows at 1. I have never seen Burrows play so no comment on him from me. 

I am a huge LSU fan.  Tua is better. 

44 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Well we are just prognosticating so ....

The difference in recruiting grade between them was minuscule.  They were both at a QB camp, with several others.  Fields was the MVP of the camp.  Lawrence might be a slightly better passer (right now, Fields is improving every week) but Fields is the better overall athlete.  I would be happy with either, but I get the feeling we will draft our QB this April rather than next.

11 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Certainly not comparing talents, but one recalls a certain QB from Oregon a long time ago...who had one monster year, and then went Top-5. 

All of of these crapshoot messiahs have "it" until they don't have "it". 

And yet we may pick another Duck lol. At least Hebert has a much better track record. 

17 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

And yet we may pick another Duck lol. At least Hebert has a much better track record. 

I'm not a fan of Herbert.  To be so "great" or have so much potential, he just seems to inconsistent against good competition.    That doesn't mean he won't be great in the NFL, but I have my questions about him...I'd rather have JB if it were between the two. 

On 10/20/2019 at 5:24 PM, gupps said:

Assuming Miller isn't a bust, we are set at LT 

That's a big assumption for a rookie that's still on the PUP list.  Even if he turns into a 10-year starter we can't be one turf toe away from the likes of Andre Smith.  

Archived