Are you wanting to tank right now for picks?

13 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Tua also has a hard time staying healthy. Just throwing that out there. 

Might as well keep up our unprecedented streak of injuries to our 1st round picks! In all seriousness, if he's not your target at the top of the draft, I would think it's Chase Young (and then he'll blow out his knee in rookie camp). Half-ninja.

On 10/22/2019 at 5:28 PM, T-Dub said:

That's a big assumption for a rookie that's still on the PUP list. 

Touche'. But can you imagine what would happen if the Bengals drafted another LT with their first round pick? Everyone here would go ape shit. Williams was supposedly the best olineman to come out last year, you have to assume he's good until proven otherwise.

38 minutes ago, gupps said:

Touche'. But can you imagine what would happen if the Bengals drafted another LT with their first round pick? Everyone here would go ape shit. Williams was supposedly the best olineman to come out last year, you have to assume he's good until proven otherwise.

He is good until he has been fully Bungalized 

On 10/20/2019 at 1:09 PM, Catfish Bob said:

Few things

1. I do not trust this team at all with a top 2 pick. 

2. I'd prefer to trade down as much as possible and exclusively draft lineman on both sides and linebackers.

3. Firm believer that the college kids are coming out way more prepared than they were just 10 years ago. Believe competent QBs can be picked up in the 5th round or later. Even undrafted free agents. But we got two on the roster now that showed glimpses during preseason sooooo, I doubt we really need to draft a qb.  

the one thing about drafting a qb, is if you can give them some snaps, they have value, sorta like the pats showcased a few and got first rounders for them.. never have enough QBs i mo

15 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

I hope you are joking. The Race for Chase is real and if we have a shot they better pull the trigger.

Why would it be a joke? I pay no attention to Ohio State, and have only heard of this guy here. 

If he is all that and a bag of chips--like Mack or Miller all that--then of course why not? 

56 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Why would it be a joke? I pay no attention to Ohio State, and have only heard of this guy here. 

If he is all that and a bag of chips--like Mack or Miller all that--then of course why not? 

You are either trolling or you are walking around Columbus blind and deaf. Probably the first but whatever.

14 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

You are either trolling or you are walking around Columbus blind and deaf. Probably the first but whatever.

LT’s not trolling. He really doesn’t follow OSU and to be honest, most of the superficial press coverage on OSU has been about the offense.

On 10/21/2019 at 5:01 PM, spicoli said:

I think Fields has more overall talent. I also think he'll end up with a higher draft grade from scouts when it's all said and done.

He's playing in the perfect developmental system for today's NFL, IMO......scary to think about how good he'll become after another full season under Day and Co..

I agree with you on our way too early assessments of the 2021 draft class. His ceiling is miles high though.

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

LT’s not trolling. He really doesn’t follow OSU and to be honest, most of the superficial press coverage on OSU has been about the offense.

Yeah, the local media is like background noise here. Having no interest, you just block it out. I really haven't recognized any Ohio State people since John Cooper and Jim Tressel days--and that was only because our organization hosted events where people like Craig Krenzel would speak. The years since have been just a lot of names. 

Urban Meyer asked me where the delicatessen was at our Market District one time a few years ago. I didn't recognize him until some drooling folks came running after, saying "that's Urban!" Was just another Joe to me. Nice man though. 

7 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Is this not the 3rd season in a row we came out of camp and pre-season thinking our pass rush was going to be very good and then it just fades away?

In their defense a little, it's hard to pass rush when you are behind.  Especially when our run defense is so horrible.  As long as the threat of the run is there you can't really tee-off on the pass rush.  Having DBs that can't cover for 2 seconds makes it tough too.

I'm coming around on taking a QB at the top of the draft.  I think we can find a good OT prospect later & then bring in an average FA tackle on a 1-2 year deal as insurance against injury or further suckage.  Roadgrader-type guards are there in the middle rounds, too.  

The problem is we need to hit on a DB and LB too & we don't want to risk paying the inflated price for good free agents at those positions.  Average LB/DB's get above-average deals.  I think we should bite the bullet for a short contract & then trade the insurance policy guys if things work out.

The Reds flipped Puig that way & I think that could work to a lesser extent in the NFL.

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I'm coming around on taking a QB at the top of the draft.  I think we can find a good OT prospect later & then bring in an average FA tackle on a 1-2 year deal as insurance against injury or further suckage.  Roadgrader-type guards are there in the middle rounds, too.  

The problem is we need to hit on a DB and LB too & we don't want to risk paying the inflated price for good free agents at those positions.  Average LB/DB's get above-average deals.  I think we should bite the bullet for a short contract & then trade the insurance policy guys if things work out.

The Reds flipped Puig that way & I think that could work to a lesser extent in the NFL.

Honest question: Is the team better off overpaying a bit for a proven LB in FA and another decent player or resigning Green?  We have way more depth at WR than LB.   

Guys like Zach Brown and Denzel Perryman could have really helped at a reasonable price. 

Archived