Just for fun, (a J-E-T-S fan can't take it anymore)

Just for fun, I like reading posts from the boards of other losing teams (yes, misery loves company)...here's a real beauty from the NY Jets board posted during tonight's rout by the mighty NE Pats.

See ya - last post

49 yrs old.  Season ticket holder for many, many years (not anymore).  Always travel to a couple road games a year.  Live out of town and have directv to watch jet games.  NFL game pass to get Jet pre season games.  Haven't missed a single down of Jets football for 30 years.  I'm out until Gase is out.

My wife doesn't believe me.  My kids don't believe me.  I just turned off the TV.  i won't be visiting Jetnation.  I won't be reading any articles.  I'll find out when a friend let's me know.

The team has broken me and I'm out.  I'd rather spend time with my kids and be in a good mood.  Tired of being a laughingstock.  Tired of the excuses.  Tired of the same crappy feeling year in and year out.

Not one to toot own horn but if you knew the cash I dumped into this franchise you'd all puke.  And they've pushed me away.

Hard to believe but Gase was the final straw.  He is a fraud, quitter.  Just like me I guess.

See ya'll.  Always loved reading about our boys on this site.  Maxman - great stuff.

I'm done.

I'm in the same boat. After 30+ years following the Bengals I think I'm finally broken. 

I actually find myself hating the team now. I hope the Rams beat us by 65. I hope someone knocks the dog piss out of mixon and into early retirement. I hope we lose every game by 50 or more and if Zac Taylor is back next year I hope they go 0-16 again. I find myself hoping that a player running out of bounds clobbers Taylor and he has to leave the game. I cheer when Dalton throws picks because it confirms what we've been saying since that wildcard game in Indy, that dude is a fucking joke.  

I find myself now just wishing that they would move the team far away and change the name so I could never care about the NFL ever again. 

Go to any forum, of any sport, and messages like this will be on every last one of them at some point in time. 

"I've done this...I've paid that...I'm leaving...". Then, once some turnaround happens, they are back--bouncy as spring lambs. Or, they just never leave. It's a fickleness that is the nature of the modern sports spectator. I suppose, in some odd manner, it is a sign of caring.

Will say this though: once the fire goes out, whether to care or not becomes easy. Not sure this poor bastard will ever really get there, but one never knows.

39 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

bouncy as spring lambs.

:lol:

It has become really hard to be fully invested this year. The only time they were on TV here this year was against Shittsburgh, and I think I watched the first couple of drives and turned it off.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Go to any forum, of any sport, and messages like this will be on every last one of them at some point in time. 

"I've done this...I've paid that...I'm leaving...". Then, once some turnaround happens, they are back--bouncy as spring lambs. Or, they just never leave. It's a fickleness that is the nature of the modern sports spectator. I suppose, in some odd manner, it is a sign of caring.

Will say this though: once the fire goes out, whether to care or not becomes easy. Not sure this poor bastard will ever really get there, but one never knows.

I imagine being tied for the worst offense in the NFL and having missed the playoffs for now 9 straight seasons will wear on you.  Both Miami and the Jets have scored 63 points in 6 games.  That is bad.  In contrast the Bengals have scored 114 points in 7 games.    Should give you a good idea just how bad they really are. 

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I imagine being tied for the worst offense in the NFL and having missed the playoffs for now 9 straight seasons will wear on you.  Both Miami and the Jets have scored 63 points in 6 games.  That is bad.  In contrast the Bengals have scored 114 points in 7 games.    Should give you a good idea just how bad they really are. 

at least the Jets have won a game..   :( 

but man..there are a bunch of total shit teams...Bengals being one of the worst 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

"I've done this...I've paid that...I'm leaving...". Then, once some turnaround happens, they are back--bouncy as spring lambs.

Oh, absolutely....the J-E-T-S fan who just bailed will be posting about his decades of loyalty and dedication if and when the jets ever start winning again...but that's every sports fan who ever was.

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

at least the Jets have won a game..   :( 

but man..there are a bunch of total shit teams...Bengals being one of the worst 

They got beat by the Browns 23-3.  ouch.  They do have the Dolphins in 2 weeks!  BTW, I hope the Browns enjoy their nationally televised away game  verses the Patriots next weekend. 

1 hour ago, Duluoz said:

Oh, absolutely....the J-E-T-S fan who just bailed will be posting about his decades of loyalty and dedication if and when the jets ever start winning again...but that's every sports fan who ever was.

Just decided to randomly go to a team forum which ostensibly should not be complaining about anything (LA Ramsfans.com). Here is a sampling from just this past week:

Goff is a statue

And Gurley’s a quitter.

Bring in Bortles
Can’t be worse then Goff

And this is after a road win...are they satisfied?

No, it was simply a,win after 3 losses. It's academic now. Rams aren't a team worth paying attention to in the race anymore.

On 10/22/2019 at 11:19 AM, Le Tigre said:

Just decided to randomly go to a team forum which ostensibly should not be complaining about anything (LA Ramsfans.com). Here is a sampling from just this past week:

Goff is a statue

And Gurley’s a quitter.

Bring in Bortles
Can’t be worse then Goff

And this is after a road win...are they satisfied?

No, it was simply a,win after 3 losses. It's academic now. Rams aren't a team worth paying attention to in the race anymore.

Yep, that's sports fans everywhere.

BTW, fans of the 1-6 Falcons are STILL crying over their 2017 SB loss (among other things).....Atlanta Falcons Board

'Stubborn Bengal Love' by The Lumineers

They'll choke and suck and lose...
And beg you from their knees
Make you think they'll win it this time
They'll tear a hole in you, the one you can't repair
But I still love them, I don't really care
When we were young
Oh oh, they won enough
When it got tough
Ooh ooh, they sucked up
I can't be told
Ah ah it can't be done
It's better to feel pain, than nothing at all
The opposite of love's indifference
So pay attention now
I'm standing at Paul Brown screaming out
And I won't leave until Mike comes downstairs
So keep your head up, keep your love
Keep your head up, my love
Keep your head up, keep your love
And I don't blame ya fans
For running like you did, all these years
I would do the same, you best believe
And the wildcard games say we're close
But I don't need those things anymore
I never trusted my own eyes
When we were young
Oh oh, they won enough
When it got tough,
Ooh ooh they sucked it up
I can't be told,
Ah ah, can't be done
Head up, love
Head up, love
Head up, love
Head up, love

22 hours ago, saphead said:
'Stubborn Bengal Love' by The Lumineers

They'll choke and suck and lose...
And beg you from their knees
Make you think they'll win it this time
They'll tear a hole in you, the one you can't repair
But I still love them, I don't really care
When we were young
Oh oh, they won enough
When it got tough
Ooh ooh, they sucked up
I can't be told
Ah ah it can't be done
It's better to feel pain, than nothing at all
The opposite of love's indifference
So pay attention now
I'm standing at Paul Brown screaming out
And I won't leave until Mike comes downstairs
So keep your head up, keep your love
And I don't blame ya fans
For running like you did, all these years
I would do the same, you best believe
And the wildcard games say we're close
But I don't need those things anymore
I never trusted my own eyes
When we were young
Oh oh, they won enough
When it got tough,
Ooh ooh they sucked it up
I can't be told,
Ah ah, can't be done
Head up, love
Head up, love
Head up, love
Head up, love

Is this sung to a particular song a 55 year old Zeppelin fan might know?

Archived