Her Majesty's Royal Gameday Thread

From the land of spotted dick and eel pies... 

Is it wrong to wish for total humiliation?  My theory is that returning to the butt of talk show jokes etc is the only way the Brown Family Trust & Football Circus is shamed into fundamentally changing anything.  

Got the pregame on & Gannon was talking about thumb injuries, mentioned AD.  Does anyone remember who Dalton was working with in the offseason 2014 or 15, supposed to be a Big Deal QB guru? He was zipping the ball around pretty well for a few games after, but (I assume) regressed into old habits, then got hurt.  

Anyway he's been throwing a lot more ducks this year & fleebing hard, so Gannon made me wonder about how much Andy's been beat up.  Same thing started happening to Carson (though he started from a 100/100 arm tbf - his problems all started above the shoulder). 

QB's tend to get hurt a lot when your gameplan is 40+ passes a game week in, week out.   I don't mind a pass-first offense, that's the NFL, but we've had one pass-wacky OC after another so I suspect it comes from the top.  Circus mentality again.

While I'm rambling I also wonder if Dillon didn't piss off Ol' Musty enough to make him decide to never feature another RB like that.  I will forever say Rudi would've taken over that '05 Wildcard after Carson went down if Bratfailski would've let him.  He was running like the ground was lava.

Just now, esjbh2 said:

I think the QB guru dude was Tom House.  Has worked with lots of big name QB's over the years (Brady, Brees, etc) in regards to throwing mechanics/techniques.  I think he does similar with Baseball pitchers too IIRC. 

That's him, thanks.   Found this article but I had the year wrong, it was the 2015-16 offseason, so after that first thumb injury.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/7/18/12216004/andy-dalton-working-with-tom-house-before-training-camp

Interestingly, Tom House is the one who caught the Hank Aaron record breaking homerun in Atlanta and presented it to him.  House was a pitcher for the Braves and was in the bullpen at the time.  Hey, it's more interestingly than talking about the Bengals, right?  :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Interestingly, Tom House is the one who caught the Hank Aaron record breaking homerun in Atlanta and presented it to him.  House was a pitcher for the Braves and was in the bullpen at the time.  Hey, it's more interestingly than talking about the Bengals, right?  :ph34r:

He made a big difference but Andy's afraid to step into throws quite so hard now.  He still eats a lot of hits, I can't blame the guy for trying to protect himself.  Too bad that's been left up to him.

6 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Ridiculous. Cooks is only three feet tall to begin with. Then the fucker crouches after the catch. Nothing Bates can do. 

They're going to find a way to fine Bates I bet... The fake concern in that rules shill's voice was making me nauseous

Just now, T-Dub said:

They're going to find a way to fine Bates I bet... The fake concern in that rules shill's voice was making me nauseous

Probably.  The reality is the ref commentator said it was a "defenseless receiver" situation and expressly *not* a hit to the head (because he can't see intent at all.  On the contrary, it really looks like he tried to turn his shoulder into it and the receiver just dropped his head).

7 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Probably.  The reality is the ref commentator said it was a "defenseless receiver" situation and expressly *not* a hit to the head (because he can't see intent at all.  On the contrary, it really looks like he tried to turn his shoulder into it and the receiver just dropped his head).

He did, then went and said it should've been a flag anyway?  🙄

Archived