Bengals say No Trades

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm not in the camp that says trade your best players just because we're out of it.  That said, I would listen to offers and be willing to do it for the right deal.  Green is a tough call, IMO.  He's been injured 3 of the past 4 seasons and he's on the wrong side of 30.  He's also a free agent next year and the top WR market is pricey, especially for an older guy with a very real injury history.  I can see the logic in moving him because 1)he might leave next year anyway and 2) he will carry significant risk and cost if he stays.  Some of the other guys should be no brainers, like Glenn, Eifert, Dre, or Dennard.  I wouldn't give them away, but those guys are all either overpaid or free agents next year.  I'm not sure any of the four will be back next year even if not traded.  

When you are 0-8 trading away your best YOUNG players is foolish.  Trading older players who still have some value makes perfect sense. 

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Probably true.  We have the dumbest fans in the league.  If they win even one game, fans will return to Paul Brown, lemons that they are.

Was this done on purpose?  ...or was that auto-correct?

[lemmings]

1 minute ago, Cricket said:

Was this done on purpose?  ...or was that auto-correct?

[lemmings]

I thought he was referencing an old Rolling Stones tune and calling us fans testicles. 

I'm a cold Italian pizza
I could use a lemon squeezer
What you do? ~Monkey Man

Is this true?  The Bears made a offer for Dalton?   

Boycott the team until they play someone else at QB.   I agree this team sucking ass so bad isn't all Andy's fault. However many many fans and myself are just sick and tired of watching this dude. Its been a decade. We're over it. Some new blood or we don't watch.

If it is true what a horrible management move by the Bengals to add to the list of horrible moves. Like helping the Ravens get Lamar Jackson....Idiots!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Boycott the team until they play someone else at QB.   I agree this team sucking ass so bad isn't all Andy's fault. However many many fans and myself are just sick and tired of watching this dude. Its been a decade. We're over it. Some new blood or we don't watch.

If it is true what a horrible management move by the Bengals to add to the list of horrible moves. Like helping the Ravens get Lamar Jackson....Idiots!!!!!!!

*** Kind of depends on what they offered.  Keeping Andy around to groom some fresh meat isn't a bad idea especially if the offer was chump change.

7 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

I am starting to think you may not like Andy.

JFC 

50 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Players I'd shop:

Green for a 1st

Atkins or Dunlap for a 2nd

Kirkpatrick for a 3rd

Eifert for a 4th

Glenn for a 6th

I'm keeping Green, Atkins and Dunlap.

Get rid of Dre

Get rid if Glenn

Eifert isn't being used properly because of shitty coaching. The defense is struggling because of shitty coaching, scheme and lack of LB talent.

Offense in general is sucking because of shitty coaching and piss poor Oline play-which could also be shitty coaching.

16 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

I'm keeping Green, Atkins and Dunlap.

Get rid of Dre

Get rid if Glenn

Eifert isn't being used properly because of shitty coaching. The defense is struggling because of shitty coaching, scheme and lack of LB talent.

Offense in general is sucking because of shitty coaching and piss poor Oline play-which could also be shitty coaching.

At start of next season Dunlap 31 and Green and Atkins 32.   If you are looking at a 2 to 3 year target then you are looking at 33 to 34 year old core of players.  I dunno if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

At start of next season Dunlap 31 and Green and Atkins 32.   If you are looking at a 2 to 3 year target then you are looking at 33 to 34 year old core of players.  I dunno if that makes sense.

In theory, this could be a decent team next year if the rookie QB plays well. But that's hardly a given. The Bengals window to advance in the playoffs was 2015.

24 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

In theory, this could be a decent team next year if the rookie QB plays well. But that's hardly a given. The Bengals window to advance in the playoffs was 2015.

At best, a rebuild takes two fulls years to do (as the 49ers have shown). But that is at best with the right front office. These bumbling Magoo's have NO chance to actually build a good team. Not only would the starts have to align here, they would have to align in all the galaxies. Leaving a rebuild to the Tree Sloth, Pumpkin, Toy and Dufus is like getting 4 drunks to manage your liquor store. 

Even though I am well aware and have been since talks have started, I still cant believe these clown fucks are going to let this deadline come and go without moving anyone, primarily Green.  He is just going to walk.  Its simple amazing the ineptitude this organization shows year after year.  Never seen someone so stubborn (maybe Dan Snyder?), but now im also starting to realize, hes also dumb.  

i have no idea why people think you must completely rebuild?

what does the team need help with?

Qb: thats one pick. especially with this upcoming class, that could be a fucking third round pick.
O-Line - we already have the LT in Jonah Williams, a couple other injuries and solid young prospects, wanna add another one? fine, FA or a 2nd rounder. done.
LB: we have two role players and need a star. first round pick grab Chase Young, he rushed from LB spot sometimes already, dont wanna move him? fine, trade back for a mid first and extra second, grab Murrey, Kinley and Moses with the first, and 2 2nd rounders.. thats a linemen, db and linemen. 

not wanting to sell off your talent to vultures over a tank ass season is smart football.

hows that endless rebuilding working for the dolhpins? browns? bills? jags?

asidw from a slightly bright season here or there its been a nightmare ...

wasting a decade on dalton doesnt mean the team needs blown up, its just time to start wasting that time. and the new QB will need weapons, the defense just needs a few peices replaced.

Yeah well maybe you are part of the problem. Dalton isn’t always the problem. The O-line and D-line as well as LB’s. This team has way too many undrafted players on its 53 man roster. Williams is our LT and Price should be our Center. I would put Jordan back at LG and get a RT and RG in the draft. Chase Young needs to be our first round pick because he’s a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Even though I am well aware and have been since talks have started, I still cant believe these clown fucks are going to let this deadline come and go without moving anyone, primarily Green.  He is just going to walk.  Its simple amazing the ineptitude this organization shows year after year.  Never seen someone so stubborn (maybe Dan Snyder?), but now im also starting to realize, hes also dumb.  

I have said it before, Mikey is a horrible businessman, he is absolutely clueless on how to run an NFL team. 

On 10/27/2019 at 2:20 PM, GoBengals said:

Ill buy TE.  Clay, Hooper, Ebron, Henry, all free agents

Hahahahahahaha.... Yes, all free agents who can't wait to jump in and immolate themselves in our dumpster. Like all of the the other amazing free agents we've signed to fill so many gaps over the years. The players who want to come to Cin city to win a ring. FML. Maybe we can sign that Whitworth guy to be our LT next year. 

Archived