Bye week moves?

What can be done?

It's the Bye week.....what moves would you make given we have 2 weeks to install them?

1. Start Ryan Finley/Dolegola: We know what we have in Dalton and it isn't good. Lets see what Finley can be and get him experience to back up the starter next year.
2. Fire Anarumo: Mark Duffner closed out the season last year for the Bucs as DC, let him do it again.
3. Trade Eifert, Preston Brown and Glenn for whatever you can get: They don't have a spot in the long-term plan so get rid of them. Possibly trade Nick Vigil too. He is a Free agent at years end. Dennard is in the same boat. If you can trade Dalton you do that as well.
4. Just a note on when people can come off IR (Not Knowing their injury/rehab status).
O'Shea Dugas: Week 9
Darius Phillips: Week 13
John Ross: Week 14
Kerry Wynn: Week 16

Jonah Williams was put on the PUP list and can come back whenever he is healthy.

Agree with 1 and 2.

1 may happen.  Lapham suggested as much about Finley starting after the bye week and he is the Bengal whisperer for the team.

2 Yeah, Duffner did well and was liked here.  Still on the MikeandKatie good boy list.  Article on one of the Bengal sites I'm too lazy to go back and find where the Rams, receiver, Athletic Kupp, saw the Bengals did not defend the middle of the field and had  record setting day because of it.  Of course, difficult to do without linebackers.

2a Would be a new O line coach.  No idea who is out there.  The current fool has been more destructive and done more harm than good since he got here.

Bringing in one or two new coaches this late in the season would be pretty much starting over but we're getting nowhere with the stumble bums we have.

3.  Maybe they were showcasing Eifert yesterday.  "Hey, #teamslikethepatriots, he really is worth a third round pick.  I would even take a 2021 future third round pick.  Glenn for anything.  I would even trade him to the Clowns.  He can play concussed in Cleveland as easily as here.

4. O'Shea Duga was terrible in preseason.  Only person on the list worth thinking about at this point is maybe Phillips.  Webb and McRae are really, really bad.

The new slogan for the second part of the season should be

Our Dey Will Come.

good post

27 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

What can be done?

It's the Bye week.....what moves would you make given we have 2 weeks to install them?

1. Start Ryan Finley/Dolegola: We know what we have in Dalton and it isn't good. Lets see what Finley can be and get him experience to back up the starter next year.
2. Fire Anarumo: Mark Duffner closed out the season last year for the Bucs as DC, let him do it again.
3. Trade Eifert, Preston Brown and Glenn for whatever you can get: They don't have a spot in the long-term plan so get rid of them. Possibly trade Nick Vigil too. He is a Free agent at years end. Dennard is in the same boat. If you can trade Dalton you do that as well.
4. Just a note on when people can come off IR (Not Knowing their injury/rehab status).
O'Shea Dugas: Week 9
Darius Phillips: Week 13
John Ross: Week 14
Kerry Wynn: Week 16

Jonah Williams was put on the PUP list and can come back whenever he is healthy.

Kidding aside, the Bengals will do what is the easiest.  That would be nothing. 

ray-liotta-laughing-in-goodfellas.jpg

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

What can be done?

Honestly? Nothing.  I appreciate the thought that went into your post, and those are indeed some good ideas..   But you just put more effort into improving this team than the owners.  

They should be entertaining any and all trade offers but we get

lalalala-listening.jpg

9 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Honestly? Nothing.  I appreciate the thought that went into your post, and those are indeed some good ideas..   But you just put more effort into improving this team than the owners.  

lalalala-listening.jpg

I second this sentiment.  It was a nice effort to create a good day of discussion leading up to 4pm tomorrow afternoon.  Unfortunately, the horrific amount of despondent apathy fans of this franchise possess make your effort futile. 

15 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I second this sentiment.  It was a nice effort to create a good day of discussion leading up to 4pm tomorrow afternoon.  Unfortunately, the horrific amount of despondent apathy fans of this franchise possess make your effort futile. 

Oh it's not the fan apathy that makes it futile;  nobody is calling us trying to make a last-minute deal.   It's the Napping Grandpa ownership.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

lalalala-listening.jpg

Wearing a Bengals orange sweater.

Nice touch and good catch, Mr Dub.

Although I am a native Buckeye and have been a fan since their beginning I do not live close enough to Cincy to financially effect....its not my tax dollars....me one way or another. I go to 2 or 3 games a year but would always watch them on TV.  Louisville would usually broadcast the games but now they do not do that often anymore.  I am soon 69 y/o so being honest I guess it really doesn't matter to me anymore if the team is in Cincy or not.  I can be a Bengal fan from anywhere.

Some days I wish the Brown Family Trust would try to move the team and every city would tell them only if the Brown Family would give up ownership.

Sure the Brown Family Trust could bank hundreds of millions dollars and would would not be fair to the locals but at least the new town town would not have to put up with their stingy ineptitude any longer.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

3.  Maybe they were showcasing Eifert yesterday.  "Hey, #teamslikethepatriots, he really is worth a third round pick.  I would even take a 2021 future third round pick.  Glenn for anything.  I would even trade him to the Clowns.  He can NOT play concussed in Cleveland as easily as here.

good post

Fixed it for you. :)

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Oh it's not the fan apathy that makes it futile;  nobody is calling us trying to make a last-minute deal.   It's the Napping Grandpa ownership.

but they are only a QB, 3 o-lineman, 3 linebackers, a CB or 2 and a couple d-lineman away.....who needs to make any deals

46 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

but they are only a QB, 3 o-lineman, 3 linebackers, a CB or 2 and a couple d-lineman away.....who needs to make any deals

QB last

At least one OT.  They didn't IR Jonah so I expect them to know his status well before the draft.  Couple of last-lap journeyman free agents or "maybe" chancer guys, Jerry would be an example of the former on the current roster - probably OK enough at guard in a pinch.  Haven't given up on Hopkins-Price-Jordan.  I think at least one of them will lock down their spot & Hopkins just needs to hold up for now, he's been OKish.  Price was hiking them over Andy's head so that'll do 🐴

Vigil might be a situational LB?  There are a bunch of inexperienced young guys, one of them should stick but nobody has flashed as a starter yet.  A first or 2nd rount LB makes sense plus more backfill FA's,  Drafting 2 or more wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Our safeties aren't terribad, we need corners.  No surprise I'd lose Pacman Jr yesterday.  WJ3 is wearing some crazy arm brace, I'm a little worried about his long term durability.  Dre's money would net us an overrated but still pretty good FA corner.  Anyone that's not a flag factory would do here though & that's any midround DB.

Our DL is in pretty good shape outside, Billings seems OK but we need another 3-tech for Geno to mentor on his way to "retiring" as our new DL coach in a few years.  Geno's only 31 and still making plays but some of y'all want to trade him..  For shame :whistle:

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.  Do great things.

40 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

So number one is done.. Where could he go via trade in an hour?

Stealers

Broncos

Bears

Lions

Bucs

Panthers

Packers

Well, the Broncos would probably love to give him a shot for half a season but the Flacco contract is a major issue. I think almost $14 mil in dead cap next year.  

Bucs are hurting for cap space now and would need to free some up but would free up $20mil next year by dumping Winston.   This  makes sense.

Titans have cap space but Tannehill has played well his first 2 starts.   That would piss off their fans I think but Tannehill is made of glass.   They have plenty of cap space.

Stealers are fine with Rudolph I would think and that would make me vomit in my mouth. 

The Bears could pull it off but have a $9mil cap issue with Trubisky.  Still, he sucks. 

Lions?  why?  They could do it though

Panthers make sense but the fans are in love with Kyle Allen right now and Cam will be back soon. 

Packers?? Not enough cap space.

On 10/28/2019 at 12:48 PM, westside bengal said:

Although I am a native Buckeye and have been a fan since their beginning I do not live close enough to Cincy to financially effect....its not my tax dollars....me one way or another. I go to 2 or 3 games a year but would always watch them on TV.  Louisville would usually broadcast the games but now they do not do that often anymore.  I am soon 69 y/o so being honest I guess it really doesn't matter to me anymore if the team is in Cincy or not.  I can be a Bengal fan from anywhere.

Some days I wish the Brown Family Trust would try to move the team and every city would tell them only if the Brown Family would give up ownership.

Sure the Brown Family Trust could bank hundreds of millions dollars and would would not be fair to the locals but at least the new town town would not have to put up with their stingy ineptitude any longer.

This would be an ideal scenario. Ohio has an "Art Modell" law which lets local governments or local residents force a sale of a publicly subsidized sports team. 

As good a place as any to put this...

The Cincinnati Bengals have placed defensive tackle Ryan Glasgow on injured reserve and signed cornerback Greg Mabin off the practice squad. 

Glasgow suffered a right knee injury in Sunday’s game vs. the Los Angeles Rams. He had played in five games (two starts) this season and recorded seven tackles.

This is unofuntely the second-straight season in which Glasgow has seen his season end on IR. A torn ACL ended his 2018 season, and while he was able to recover and return for Game 1 this season, he clearly wasn’t the same guy we saw during his promising rookie year (2017)) and the first three games of 2018. Though to be fair, everyone on the Bengals defense has regressed this season.

As for Mabin, the 6-2, 200-pound cornerback has spent time on both the active roster and practice squad this year for the Bengals. He played in Game 4 at Pittsburgh (no statistics) and was inactive for Game 5 vs. Arizona. 

Mabin was originally a college free agent signee of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2017, and he also spent time with the Buffalo Bills and San Francisco 49ers. He has played in 21 career games (one start), and has 18 tackles, a pass defensed and a forced fumble. *** Bengal cost cutting dumpster dive...

The addition of Mabin could suggest that one or both of Darqueze Dennard (hamstring) and Dre Kirkpatrick (knee) may miss Week 10 vs. the Ravens when the Bengals come off their bye week. *** Dennard come back too soon or is he fragile?

Archived