Mid Season Rant 0-9

• SF2 changed the title to Mid Season Rant 0-9
13 hours ago, SF2 said:

Excellent preparation coming out of the bye.  Only lost by 36.   

So, you expected better?  You Really thought a 4th rd QB starting his first Game EVER in front of the arguably Worst fans of Any Franchise in every professional league against one of the better Defenses in any sport, was going to result in an Epic Battle won in the last seconds by the best Warriors?  That's what you were thinking?  OK!  I took Baltimore as my team in the King of the Hill tournament I play in.  

1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

So, you expected better?  You Really thought a 4th rd QB starting his first Game EVER in front of the arguably Worst fans of Any Franchise in every professional league against one of the better Defenses in any sport, was going to result in an Epic Battle won in the last seconds by the best Warriors?  That's what you were thinking?  OK!  I took Baltimore as my team in the King of the Hill tournament I play in.  

I had no illusions they would win. I didn’t see 49-10 with a few minutes left in 3rd quarter.  

10 hours ago, kennethmw said:

The fact that the Bengals have fans is a testament to the fans...wtf are babbling about?

10 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

ZT over the past few weeks has specifically mentioned he has challenged his team to win one on one battles. Kind of another way of saying "the players I was given blow chunks". He has share in the blame and lord knows his assistants are bad, but this roster is crap.

The coaches and players were selected by Dufus Tobin...he should get the axe.

14 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

Tobin and the coaching staff made the selections. Selecting Drew Sample in the 2nd round was a fireable offense then and even more so now.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/05/mike-brown-duke-tobin-lead-search-zac-taylor/

Tobin lead the coaching search and has lead the draft for the past few years. It's amazing that this guy doesn't get any criticism from the media or most fans.

5 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/05/mike-brown-duke-tobin-lead-search-zac-taylor/

Tobin lead the coaching search and has lead the draft for the past few years. It's amazing that this guy doesn't get any criticism from the media or most fans.

because nobody gives a shit about the Bengals.

And I think most of us do bitch and are completely tired of it.

Anyone that thinks this team is doing things the right way or even close to the right way is a blind homer or doesn't understand football.

9 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

because nobody gives a shit about the Bengals.

And I think most of us do bitch and are completely tired of it.

Anyone that thinks this team is doing things the right way or even close to the right way is a blind homer or doesn't understand football.

The team is doing it the easiest way.  It is way easier to re-sign your own Free Agents even if they are not that great. It is easy to sign marginal free agents from Buffalo for some reason.  It is easy to sign curiously unwanted players from other teams in FA.  It is extremely easy to walk up to the podium and announce your pick based on some mock draft player ratings you can buy for $25 from Mel Kipper.     Finding decent useful talent in the middle rounds or good second tier FAs that could really help?  That takes effort. 

12 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

ZT over the past few weeks has specifically mentioned he has challenged his team to win one on one battles. Kind of another way of saying "the players I was given blow chunks". He has share in the blame and lord knows his assistants are bad, but this roster is crap.

He went into it eyes wide open. And many players on this team do not "blow chunks"--quite the opposite. That is just an easy excuse to dismiss the fact that both he and his hand-picked coaches are inept.  

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

He went into it eyes wide open. And many players on this team do not "blow chunks"--quite the opposite. That is just an easy excuse to dismiss the fact that both he and his hand-picked coaches are inept.  

We essentially have no OL or LB's. Yes, he went in eyes open and yes him and his staff have not done anything but this roster is crap. And specifically, these two position groups have been crap for 3 or more years. 

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

We essentially have no OL or LB's. Yes, he went in eyes open and yes him and his staff have not done anything but this roster is crap. And specifically, these two position groups have been crap for 3 or more years. 

We were talking about how horrible the o line was when Ross was drafted (after losing Whit and Zeitler).  Since then it has only gotten worse.

31 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Indeed. It has been a very pathetic 3-4 years for Dufus Tobin and his crack scouts

FTFY.

IDK if people think I'm joking or what...  There's Tobin Jr and Sr, and one (1) each college and pro scout.  That's really it.

• Director of player personnel – Duke Tobin
  • Personnel executive – Bill Tobin
  • Scouting director(College) – Mike Potts
  • Scouting director(Pro) – Steven Radicivec

And both of them have an underling I guess?

• Andrew Johnson Scout
  • Christian Sarkisian Scout

And then there's this person, who I assume sharpens pencils and makes sure they pay for their Gatorade.

• Geoff Smith Scouting Technology Consultant

This organization seems to be full of management or Vice President of That One Something that are in fact in charge of one other person.  Can you smell the nepotism?

22 minutes ago, spicoli said:

What lingering issue? The guy worked out at the combine and put up 25 reps on the bench. You don’t do that with a bum shoulder. 

And, he was evidently an amazing tackle the prior seasons. So, he plays next season, and be a more-than-solid tackle for the next 10 years? No downside there!    

Archived