Mid Season Rant 0-9

15 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

And to think it all started so well when C Bob Johnson was the first overall pick of the team...

Hopefully I can brighten everyone's day a little - Bob Johnson's niece is a meteorologist here in Houston.

Image result for chita craft

Image result for chita craft

So let me get this right: everyone is going to cheer to be the worst NFL team...just to be in a slot to take a chance on some QB or this Chase Young cat? Got it.

Ergo, this also means that everyone is going to be cheering for St Finley and the alleged coach Taylor to fall on their collective arses? Suppose that would conclude that they be jettisoned along with the rest of the trash at year's end?

I don't think Taylor deserves a second season though I have no doubt he'll get one. This season is shot and we might as well position ourselves for as much improvement as possible. Since the Bengals are entirely reliant on the draft, that means getting first crack at the player pool. 

The good lord could send this team the reincarnation of Anthony Munoz and the Brown fam would let him walk over a can of bacon grease.

40 years following this team and we're right here in 0-whatever-land yet again, head hanging over front office fanfuckery. I want my years back.

It's ok to leave right?

Third Eye Halloween GIF by Denyse®

Eeney Meeney

Chili Beanie

The spirits are about to Speak!

I see ... I see... Ryan Finley coming on and leading the Bengals to more wins than the Browns for the season...

Bengals get the usual mid first round consolation prize injury prone palooka

And the Browns get Chase Young.

1/2 :ninja:

7 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Third Eye Halloween GIF by Denyse®

Eeney Meeney

Chili Beanie

The spirits are about to Speak!

I see ... I see... Ryan Finley coming on and leading the Bengals to more wins than the Browns for the season...

Bengals get the usual mid first round consolation prize injury prone palooka

And the Browns get Chase Young.

1/2 :ninja:

NM misread...

Stains will remains Stains.. Prob our one win on the year

The team won 19 games over the past three years prior to this one.  Going ofer is not a good look at all, but its hardly all on Zac Taylor.  This team has been in 6 of its 8 losses and just can not make the plays, hence the sign of a bad team as well as one with an impossible amount of injuries.  IMPOSSIBLE AMOUNT.  This thing definitely needs more time.  By this time next year, Whether its Finley or Tua/Burrow, whoever, with a more healthy team (hopefully), if they are sitting at 0-8, then its time to start thinking about the next move.  Regardless, they have to do what they are doing at this current moment.  As much as it sucks for Andy, it only makes sense.  As Marcus Spears put it, the NFL doesnt care about your feelings.    

What injuries? The team knew about Boling, and Jonah Williams, and AJ before the season began. They had plenty of time to make a trade or pick up extra guys at the cutdown. They just chose not to do anything about it. Bengals have had less significant injuries this year than the Browns or Stealers.

52 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

What injuries? The team knew about Boling, and Jonah Williams, and AJ before the season began. They had plenty of time to make a trade or pick up extra guys at the cutdown. They just chose not to do anything about it. Bengals have had less significant injuries this year than the Browns or Stealers.

Dufus Tobin had a hangnail right at the trade deadline, so that injury knocked us out of making some huge trades at the deadline.

7 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Not to mention depending on guys to contribute despite their extensive injury history in Eifert, Ross & Glenn.   Williams is debatable but counting on a rookie to start at LT was optimistic at best.  At the very least a competent team would have a vet backing him up, even if it's just to take a few snaps while coaching up the rookie on the sideline for a second.  

In the bigger picture good teams make rookies earn their way onto the field by being better than the guy ahead of them.  They don't get handed the starting spot because there's literally no one else healthy on the roster. 

This team was built to fail, they don't get to use that negligence as an excuse now.

7 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Its not easy replacing a left tackle or elite talent like Green after FA and the draft are over.  There was not much meat left on the bone by the time both were out.  Boling would not have been an issue if Price were not such a bust. 

I'm hoping we draft 2nd:

1. Takes away the ignominy of being the worst team in the league - a distinction we have avoided for 17 years.

2. I don't really care if we end up with the best player overall (consensus seems to be Chase Young) or the best QB, and frankly I would take solace in knowing that a team picking ahead of us would take that decision out of the incompetent hands of the Bengals braintrust, who would probably get it wrong if they had to choose.

Archived