Mid Season Rant 0-9

3 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

And, he was evidently an amazing tackle the prior seasons. So, he plays next season, and be a more-than-solid tackle for the next 10 years? No downside there!    

Said it before but I'd feel a lot more optimistic if he came off the PUP list before the end of the season, though at this point IR probably makes more sense.

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

I’ll give ya those other guys, but what was wrong with the Jonah Williams pick? Top OL in the draft, 4 year starter at big time program, no injury history....how is that a bad pick?

Guy has played 0 snaps this year due to an injury that goes back several years. That should have been a red flag for the Bengals even more than most teams. But no.

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Guy has played 0 snaps this year due to an injury that goes back several years. That should have been a red flag for the Bengals even more than most teams. But no.

Where are you finding info about an old injury? I’ve not seen anything that supports that at all. 
The guy never missed a game in college and participated fully at the combine. That certainly doesn’t jibe with a supposed bum shoulder. 

Yeah, the only thing I've seen is that he was seen playing with a shoulder strap last year. It was brought up a little at combine/pro days, but didn't seem to deter any scouts from anywhere from looking at him. If the Bengals would not have taken him where he was, he would have went quickly thereafter.  

And whatever bum shoulder there was, has been fixed and he is fine. 

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

Where are you finding info about an old injury? I’ve not seen anything that supports that at all. 
The guy never missed a game in college and participated fully at the combine. That certainly doesn’t jibe with a supposed bum shoulder. 

The Tribune link in the other thread has a picture of him wearing a shoulder brace in 2017 and notes that shoulder braces aren't worn to prevent injury (unlike knee braces) because they limit the range of motion.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

It's entirely speculative that the Bengals thought he could play 16 games this season.

he was a four year starter that never missed a game in college and then they watched him workout at the combine with zero issues...why wouldn't they think that?

6 hours ago, sparky151 said:

It's not speculation that he had been seen the previous 2 years wearing a shoulder brace for support and it's not speculation that he has a torn labrum. It's entirely speculative that the Bengals thought he could play 16 games this season.

Most players don't wear a shoulder harness, so obviously there was something going on with the shoulder. 

The fact that he tore his labrum while participating in non-contact drills leads one to believe there was some type of previous injury.

Whether or not the Bengals medical staff was able to detect or even cared is another story. 

Archived