ITS OVER - DALTON BENCHED

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

Fully realize there will be no Taylor jettision this season. This was his deflection (and lots of coaches have employed this) to put the sins of the majority on one sacrificial lamb so that the media and JQAF's have someone to hate other than him.  

This deflection won’t work after 30 years of this dumpster fire. Everyone here and in the media know what the real problem is and nothing can really be done to fix it. 

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

So, you are saying that Taylor will ultimately take the ultimate fall?  

LOL, they all do at some point, even Sam.  Still doesn’t address the structural issue that is the Bengals front office. 

Eh, it was bound to happen.  Not all on him, but he was a part of the problem, for longer than just this year.  Unless you are considered one of the great ones, it happens to em all.  Pretty obvious this was going to happen.  My brother and I share a team in a two quarterback league.  We have Mahomes, Prescott, and Dalton.  I told him to pick up Finley after week 6.  Am I surprised?  A little, but only because its the Bengals and they never seem to do things right.  Still obvious nonetheless.    

30 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Fully realize there will be no Taylor jettision this season. This was his deflection (and lots of coaches have employed this) to put the sins of the majority on one sacrificial lamb so that the media and JQAF's have someone to hate other than him.  

And when Finley falls short, he can just deflect off to "he's a rookie" 

We dont even need to do that, Finely is a 4th rounder and the percentage of 4th round QBs that have become good is very very low.

I suspect this is a move for one of two things....

1. We want to see what we have in Finley and if he sucks we draft a QB next year. OR

2. We dont want to get Dalton killed and until there is some stability on the team tanking for a better draft pick makes sense right now.

I think it's #1, but because the QB class next year is not that good #2 would not completely surprise me.

Call me crazy, but i am kind of intrigued by what Finley can do.  Physically, he doesnt have anything superior to Andy.  He did display some moxy in the pocket against the banshees in the preseason.  Curious to see what he can do against a no. 1 defense.  Doesnt matter at this point if its no better than Dalton, the move still had to be made.  I am intrigued though.    

1 minute ago, SouthPaw said:

Call me crazy, but i am kind of intrigued by what Finley can do.  Physically, he doesnt have anything superior to Andy.  He did display some moxy in the pocket against the banshees in the preseason.  Curious to see what he can do against a no. 1 defense.  Doesnt matter at this point if its no better than Dalton, the move still had to be made.  I am intrigued though.    

Please explain the imperative. 

On his Birthday? Savage. This was long overdue.  Andy has had an actual decent pocket mist of the year but hes playing like hes under pressure every snap. Dude looks shell shocked. All you need to see is the horrendous throw to Tate on the sideline last week. I would've pulled Dalton right there. 

This gives us a chance to see if Finley has anything. If not (likely) draft a qb number 1. I like Burrow. 

18 minutes ago, whodey365 said:

On his Birthday? Savage. This was long overdue.  Andy has had an actual decent pocket mist of the year but hes playing like hes under pressure every snap. Dude looks shell shocked. All you need to see is the horrendous throw to Tate on the sideline last week. I would've pulled Dalton right there. 

This gives us a chance to see if Finley has anything. If not (likely) draft a qb number 1. I like Burrow. 

Yeah, that isn't close to true.   Dalton has one of the quickest releases in the league yet is near the top of the list for sacks and hits.   Add in that John Jerry, a lifelong average guard is the starting Left Tackle and it is kind of obvious that he either gets rid of the ball quickly or he dies.  

And unlike guys like Rodgers whose team is able to maintain blocking discipline so he CAN move up and out of the pocket, Dalton has no  idea where the pressure is coming from on this swiss cheese line.  It collapses in front of him and around the edge, he has NO WHERE TO GO unless a hole opens up directly in front of him.  

Archived