ITS OVER - DALTON BENCHED

33 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

..the simple and concrete fact, is that AD is still the second-leading all-time passer in franchise history. 

Yeah but it’s like being the second all time leading scorer for the LA Clippers. Nobody cares. 

38 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Yeah, I did see King Kenny play (and could he play)...sorry, wrong sport. 

Yours is a bit of a non sequitur. All of the playoff stuff is another matter...the simple and concrete fact, is that AD is still the second-leading all-time passer in franchise history. If HerbertTuaBarrow reach that lofty height, then God bless him.  

If we're going to discuss Kenny - The Bengals were always trying to replace him.

To paraphrase Boy George - "Time makes fans feel that they have something real. But Andy Dalton and me we've got nothing but time."

You're just comparing longevity in a what have you done for me lately league.

12 hours ago, Gary said:

Wished this happened a couple years ago when we had McCarron. 

Why? McCarron is now on his 3rd team, the guy hasn't shown he can do anything in the league. Sure he played well in the playoff game, but one game does not make a career.

My suspicion is we are drafting a QB next year.

Never seen so much sandy crevice over an 0-8 teams decision.  Is it not plain as day whats going on?  The dude was not their future.  Finley most likely isnt either, but one way or another, they have to see.  Nobody is owed anything.  Dalton had 9 years, most objective people, would tell you that was 5 years too long, to prove he could lead this franchise to the next level.  He won alot of regular season games and posted some solid stats throughout his time.  Hell, ill say hes definitely not main problem for this years collapse.  With that, however,  hes also not the answer either.  

19 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Zac Taylor heard it was Andy's birthday and didn't like the idea of starting a QB older than him.

Mike Brown was all like "Yes! I've seen Logan's Run." All Bengal's players are taken to wilderness and hunted once they turn 32.

Hilarious. Run, Andy, Run!

16 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

You should live so long. He will be out of this shit show as soon as the season ends--one way or another. If NFLteams clamor after Ryan Fitzpatrick and Chase Fucking Daniel for starters, you can guarantee they will go after AD. 

With this stupid coaching staff, they will draft another Haskins. 

"But he throws a perfect spiral 70 yards in the air..."

Why are you and others saying stuff like this about a rookie HC only 8 games in that inherited a talent-depleted (then injured) roster? And Taylor hasn't even had a draft yet man! Chill homie! That was somebody else that drafted Sample!

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

The hairdo shit and dress for success stuff is actually interesting so I will let it go but keep Trump and Hillary out of here for God’s sake. (SF2 dusts off the vacation lever) 

Roger that on politics. 

But yes, the hairdo shit, etc. is real. And interesting. For the record and not bragging but I have very high IQ, run various businesses for over 30 years (current business is larger than the Bengals organization so I know my business talk) and it is amazing what the everyday person will talk about, judge about, be influenced by, etc. I have studied human nature as a parallel to my business career, it is fascinating. Current thinking is that around 65% of employees are not 'engaged' in their job. They do their job but not to the best of their ability or for the betterment of the job and company. This is why leadership is so critical in the world today. You have to engage your employees and you have to get them to buy into your mission and vision. If they don't, their effectiveness drops off and that spreads through the organization.

This is why many of us here know that nothing will change in this organization until changes are made at the top. Regardless of how much ML or ZT WANT or TRY to change the culture, if the players know the front office will not be accountable to winning that will permeate throughout. The Bengals are a classic example of this. Mikey thinks he can just put a bunch a players on the field and he can be competitive. Does not work that way. The best and successful organizations have a clear and defined mission that everyone knows about, understands, agrees with and drives towards. In those organizations, the laggards stick out and are weeded out. In organizations like the Bengals those that want to win stick out and are eventually cut down, usually in frustration. 

By the way, I completely agree that dressing for success is important. Say what you want but the NFL expects certain positions to act in certain ways.  

It’s perfectly acceptable to be brash and outspoken at some positions like CB and WR because those really are the closest thing to individual sports.  It’s me against you.  You can’t cover me bitch.   

Everyone wants a calm, cool and collected QB. It’s why Russell Wilson is an MVP candidate while Cam Newton has almost become a parody in this league. 

You want a total badass cheerleader at linebacker.  

If you you don’t think how someone looks, acts or dresses in the corporate world is important, you have never worked in the corporate world.  Being overweight and unkept is a handicap, most people assume the worst. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

My feeling is we pretty much used a 4th round pick on a guy everyone knows is a 4th round talent and has little upside.  Sure most 4th round crapshoots fail but guys like Cousins usually end up being game managers albeit Cousins is a very good game manager. 

There is nothing about Finley that makes me think he is anything more than a backup or ok game manager. No flashes of brilliance or IT factor.  

Eh? Eh? :lol:

24 minutes ago, SF2 said:

By the way, I completely agree that dressing for success is important. Say what you want but the NFL expects certain positions to act in certain ways.  

It’s perfectly acceptable to be brash and outspoken at some positions like CB and WR because those really are the closest thing to individual sports.  It’s me against you.  You can’t cover me bitch.   

Everyone wants a calm, cool and collected QB. It’s why Russell Wilson is an MVP candidate while Cam Newton has almost become a parody in this league. 

You want a total badass cheerleader at linebacker.  

If you you don’t think how someone looks, acts or dresses in the corporate world is important, you have never worked in the corporate world.  Being overweight and unkept is a handicap, most people assume the worst. 

Great analogy about Newton. In the NHL, the Cam equivalent is PK Suban. Very talented but tends to be ostracized inn the locker room. 

Quarterback Andy Dalton isn’t thrilled about being benched by the Bengals, but it appears he’s also unhappy with the timing of the move.

Dalton spoke to reporters on Wednesday about Tuesday’s announcement that fourth-round pick Ryan Finley will be taking over as the starter once the team returns from their bye week.

“I don’t agree with the decision but I’m going do everything I can to help the team,” Dalton said, via Paul Dehner of TheAthletic.com.

While Dalton wouldn’t have agreed with the decision at any point, a little more notice would have been appreciated. He said that his agent tried to facilitate a deal that would send him to another team where he’d still have a chance to play, but there was a time crunch given the timing of the team’s announcement.

It’s impossible to know if more time would have led to a trade, but it seems clear that Dalton will get a chance to move elsewhere via a trade or as a free agent following his release once the end of the season.

I'd like to think this is the start of a massive overhaul & not just a sacrificial lamb, but I can't.

This is the same team it was 3 days ago, only with a marginal rookie QB.  It's not "OVER" by a long shot.  Of course now they'll feel compelled to feed Mixon like they should've been doing all along, so that's something even though QB Not-Andy will get the credit if our offense looks at all improved.  

2 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Why are you and others saying stuff like this about a rookie HC only 8 games in that inherited a talent-depleted (then injured) roster? And Taylor hasn't even had a draft yet man! Chill homie! That was somebody else that drafted Sample!

The Washington tight end at No. 52 in the second round was an unexpected move based on the general non-NFL consensus. So much so, in fact, Sample and his reps were also surprised.

Which is what tends to happen when a team takes a tight end primarily known for his blocking and boasts a career-high of just 25 receptions on a season in the second round.

But Taylor was blunt with the media about the move after the draft:

“There’s not too many details. I don’t think we would have gotten him in the third round. The more you watch the tape on him, he is a physical, does-it-the-way-you-want-it player. You look at his passing stats and say, ‘What’s up with that?’ But he does what you need him to do on first and second down in the passing game. It’s hard to find tight ends that are that physical and hard-nosed in the run game right now.”

Want to rephrase that statement? 

44 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

The Washington tight end at No. 52 in the second round was an unexpected move based on the general non-NFL consensus. So much so, in fact, Sample and his reps were also surprised.

Which is what tends to happen when a team takes a tight end primarily known for his blocking and boasts a career-high of just 25 receptions on a season in the second round.

But Taylor was blunt with the media about the move after the draft:

“There’s not too many details. I don’t think we would have gotten him in the third round. The more you watch the tape on him, he is a physical, does-it-the-way-you-want-it player. You look at his passing stats and say, ‘What’s up with that?’ But he does what you need him to do on first and second down in the passing game. It’s hard to find tight ends that are that physical and hard-nosed in the run game right now.”

Want to rephrase that statement? 

Obviously Taylor knows more than the majority of the NFL, just look at his coaching resume...

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

By the metrics laid down by this scouting report, I can only assume that Peyton "Frankenstein" Manning and Andrew "Geico Caveman" Luck are terrible quarterbacks, and Tim "Breck Girl" Tebow is the greatest to ever play the game.

Makes sense to me.

Tebow's scouting report was TERRIBLE.  His only real strength was he was a powerful runner and had a strong arm.  Denver's GM eventually got fired for picking him in the first round. 

Manning and Luck were both picked #1.   Where did you get your scouting reports, Duke Tobin??

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

How many games are we required to wait before we blame everything on the new QB?

Well, you'll have to first get by the qualifier "he's a rookie". Next, "he needs to get more comfortable with the first-team offense". Finally, Taylor will say "he has my full support" 

Feel free to commence thereafter.   

20 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Tebow's scouting report was TERRIBLE.  His only real strength was he was a powerful runner and had a strong arm.  Denver's GM eventually got fired for picking him in the first round. 

Manning and Luck were both picked #1.   Where did you get your scouting reports, Duke Tobin??

I'm just working with what I'm hearing on the board... Tebow's hair is immaculate.

See the source image

That is the 3 day stubble of a 10 year starter.

Archived