ITS OVER - DALTON BENCHED

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Obviously Taylor knows more than the majority of the NFL, just look at his coaching resume...

I have to wonder why we need "tight ends that are that physical and hard-nosed in the run game" when we're giving the AFC's leading rusher from last year 10 carries a game at most.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I have to wonder why we need "tight ends that are that physical and hard-nosed in the run game" when we're giving the AFC's leading rusher from last year 10 carries a game at most.

It's magic!! classic misdirection...you make them think you are going to pound with the run, but NO!!, you throw quick outs for 2-3 yards to Alex Erickson... magic alex trebek wow GIF by Jeopardy!

7 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

In all seriousness, it is time to move on and see what we have, if anything, in Finley. 

That's true.  Zac's going to be the head coach next year, regardless of what anyone on here thinks, and he needs to determine if Finley has any ability under Live Fire.  He's going to have to get a QB next year with the first pick, and he needs to know if Finley can be a place keeper for the beginning of the season, or whether he's going to need to get the guy most ready to start.  As far as Andy, I think there are three or four teams that will look at him as a better option than their current starter, and probably another 7 or 8 that would love to have him backup their current QB.  

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I'm just working with what I'm hearing on the board... Tebow's hair is immaculate.

See the source image

That is the 3 day stubble of a 10 year starter.

Well, now that you put it that way, he has to be good...,he is so dreamy.   I am assuming ole blockhead ghost whisperer Darnold is a no go as well?  

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I am assuming ole blockhead ghost whisperer Darnold is a no go as well?  

Good question - I'm kind torn. His hair is kinda growing on me in a "I like Stranger Things" kinda way.

I'm going to leave it up to our resident cosmetologist, i_c_splitends. Does Darnold's hair work for you, or are you thinking a nice 1/4 fade with some finishing gel? How aggressive should we go with the sideburns?

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Tebow's scouting report was TERRIBLE.  His only real strength was he was a powerful runner and had a strong arm.  Denver's GM eventually got fired for picking him in the first round. 

Manning and Luck were both picked #1.   Where did you get your scouting reports, Duke Tobin??

Mike Brown gave Tobin 10 bucks to go to Barnes & Noble in January to buy the draft magazines. Unfortunately there wasn't enough change left to buy new ones in April.

18 hours ago, SF2 said:

It is hilarious how little fans of the NFL understand the salary cap.  There is a reason few big deals ever get done mid season in the NFL and that reason is the salary cap. The Rams GAVE the Dolphins Aqib Talib and a 5th round pick so they could sign Jalen Ramsey to a deal. GAVE him away. 

Only a few teams had the cap space to take on Dalton’s or Green’s contract mid season and releasing a player to make room does NOT clear up cap space, it just becomes dead current cap in that year.   The Titans and Dolphins were teams that could have done it and have a QB problem. The Broncos are fucked with Flacco, huge dead cap number next year. 

That is why I figured Eifert was the only legitimate player that might be traded. 

I know exactly how the salary cap works and that is just another ad nauseam excuse.  Even if we released him, what team would want him to start for them? 

12 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

I know exactly how the salary cap works and that is just another ad nauseam excuse.  Even if we released him, what team would want him to start for them? 

Tampa Bay, Chicago, The Squealers, Hell, Probably Cleveland!!  I know some of you don't like Andy, but this BS that he's the worst QB in the league is just that, BULLSHIT!!  and you say it AD NAUSEUM!!

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The Washington tight end at No. 52 in the second round was an unexpected move based on the general non-NFL consensus. So much so, in fact, Sample and his reps were also surprised.

Which is what tends to happen when a team takes a tight end primarily known for his blocking and boasts a career-high of just 25 receptions on a season in the second round.

But Taylor was blunt with the media about the move after the draft:

“There’s not too many details. I don’t think we would have gotten him in the third round. The more you watch the tape on him, he is a physical, does-it-the-way-you-want-it player. You look at his passing stats and say, ‘What’s up with that?’ But he does what you need him to do on first and second down in the passing game. It’s hard to find tight ends that are that physical and hard-nosed in the run game right now.”

Want to rephrase that statement? 

Was being sarcastic.

7 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Roger that on politics. 

But yes, the hairdo shit, etc. is real. And interesting. For the record and not bragging but I have very high IQ, run various businesses for over 30 years (current business is larger than the Bengals organization so I know my business talk) and it is amazing what the everyday person will talk about, judge about, be influenced by, etc. I have studied human nature as a parallel to my business career, it is fascinating. Current thinking is that around 65% of employees are not 'engaged' in their job. They do their job but not to the best of their ability or for the betterment of the job and company. This is why leadership is so critical in the world today. You have to engage your employees and you have to get them to buy into your mission and vision. If they don't, their effectiveness drops off and that spreads through the organization.

This is why many of us here know that nothing will change in this organization until changes are made at the top. Regardless of how much ML or ZT WANT or TRY to change the culture, if the players know the front office will not be accountable to winning that will permeate throughout. The Bengals are a classic example of this. Mikey thinks he can just put a bunch a players on the field and he can be competitive. Does not work that way. The best and successful organizations have a clear and defined mission that everyone knows about, understands, agrees with and drives towards. In those organizations, the laggards stick out and are weeded out. In organizations like the Bengals those that want to win stick out and are eventually cut down, usually in frustration. 

Oh, my God...you really believe your own bullshit, don't you. 

Oh, Andy. Don't you see? You've been sacked 29 times this season. This was for your own protection. For your safety.

Think about the fact that Jordan won't have to start wiping your ass quite so soon now. Nash will be able to sit on your knee without it buckling. Noah won't have to wonder why daddy is wandering around the garage with no pants on. And little Finley might get to know a father that doesn't piss his pants every time the microwave dings.

Don't worry. By half time against the Ravens Ryan Finley will be dead and you will be back in there.

So, don't be mad. Be thankful. Thankful for a fat paycheck and a few weeks of not having to inhale turf and Billy Price's ass.

Anyone see the interview with Finley at his locker?  Classic stuff.  Some idiot reporter asked him if he is at all *apprehensive* about starting.  Finley's reaction is gold, and it seemed like he wanted to cuss the guy out, but he went "high" and just "classed" his way through it.

31 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Oh, Andy. Don't you see? You've been sacked 29 times this season. This was for your own protection. For your safety.

Think about the fact that Jordan won't have to start wiping your ass quite so soon now. Nash will be able to sit on your knee without it buckling. Noah won't have to wonder why daddy is wandering around the garage with no pants on. And little Finley might get to know a father that doesn't piss his pants every time the microwave dings.

Don't worry. By half time against the Ravens Ryan Finley will be dead and you will be back in there.

So, don't be mad. Be thankful. Thankful for a fat paycheck and a few weeks of not having to inhale turf and Billy Price's ass.

Got a giggle out of me. V nice!

3 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Fuck you Dadio or whoever you are. Flacco and Eli were benched in favor of the first round picks chosen to take their places anyway. Any squawking head jackass who believes 4th Round Nobody Ryan Finley was chosen for this, is a pile-on know nothing. 

So sorry the man dared to say he disagreed with the decision. Guess he also missed the subsequent statement where King Kong said he would do all he could to help. 

A pox on the fucking sports media. 

3 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Tampa Bay, Chicago, The Squealers, Hell, Probably Cleveland!!  I know some of you don't like Andy, but this BS that he's the worst QB in the league is just that, BULLSHIT!!  and you say it AD NAUSEUM!!

If it's Andy's choice he needs to choose a team set up to win now. Chicago imho would be a good landing spot for him.

So if AJ Green comes back and this Finley kid does well everyone gonna say it's because he has Green. Smh

Our first measuring stick. 

Outside of the garbage time at the end, through 3 3/4 quarters of play Dalton put up 3 points on Baltimore.   My guess is that Finley will at least double that. 

I don't understand why so many hating on the kid before he takes his first regular season snap. He looked great preseason.  If he does suck balls we can still kick the tires on Dolegala too who also looked good preseason. 

At least all of this makes the 2nd half of the season worth following. Honestly I had already checked out but I'll tune in now. Really enjoy watching the young qbs get a chance to make that NFL dream a reality. 

Archived