ITS OVER - DALTON BENCHED

9 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

You can call it Bullshit as many below me have. I know what I know and am very successful in business. Feel free to not believe it but know that successful business people are well aware of this and understand it. 

The fact that you have to need to tell us how successful you are says a ton.  The fact that you refer to "people below me" says it all.  You may be financially successful, but you aren't a leader. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

The fact that you have to need to tell us how successful you are says a ton.  The fact that you refer to "people below me" says it all.  You may be financially successful, but you aren't a leader. 

LOL. You know zero about me as I do you. I will let my employees decide if I am an effective leader, not you.

10 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

So if AJ Green comes back and this Finley kid does well everyone gonna say it's because he has Green. Smh

Our first measuring stick. 

Outside of the garbage time at the end, through 3 3/4 quarters of play Dalton put up 3 points on Baltimore.   My guess is that Finley will at least double that. 

I don't understand why so many hating on the kid before he takes his first regular season snap. He looked great preseason.  If he does suck balls we can still kick the tires on Dolegala too who also looked good preseason. 

At least all of this makes the 2nd half of the season worth following. Honestly I had already checked out but I'll tune in now. Really enjoy watching the young qbs get a chance to make that NFL dream a reality. 

Recreational outrage.......its the hip thing to do these days.  Exhausting, but hip.  

Oh yeah, not picking a side or saying anyone is right or wrong, but dressing for success and looking the part definitely matters.  Not sure if there any UFC fans on here.  That is a sport, outside of the die hard fan, that was formerly known as " human cock fighting."  After some revamping of rules and bringing it more mainstream, it has become much more widely considered a sport now.  All this to say, there's a reason why Conor Mcgregor became its greatest star and hasnt fought in over a year (lost) and is still one of its biggest stars.  Changed the way the game was viewed with his look and the way he dressed (shit talking helped too).  Nearly all of the fighters have followed that lead of looking their best during different media obligations leading up to the fight.  It definitely matters.  Im not saying its right or wrong, but you are definitely viewed and people build a perception of you by how you look and carry yourself (not talking about color).  

*I realize Mcgregor has done some really shit bad things over the past year + as well.  

19 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Oh yeah, not picking a side or saying anyone is right or wrong, but dressing for success and looking the part definitely matters.  Not sure if there any UFC fans on here.  That is a sport, outside of the die hard fan, that was formerly known as " human cock fighting."  After some revamping of rules and bringing it more mainstream, it has become much more widely considered a sport now.  All this to say, there's a reason why Conor Mcgregor became its greatest star and hasnt fought in over a year (lost) and is still one of its biggest stars.  Changed the way the game was viewed with his look and the way he dressed (shit talking helped too).  Nearly all of the fighters have followed that lead of looking their best during different media obligations leading up to the fight.  It definitely matters.  Im not saying its right or wrong, but you are definitely viewed and people build a perception of you by how you look and carry yourself (not talking about color).  

*I realize Mcgregor has done some really shit bad things over the past year + as well.  

You also realize that the original point was that NFL players decide to respect their QB vis-a-vie his hairstyle. And that was followed up by him saying that he no longer respected a man that he knew well because he wore a "My Little Pony" hat once at his daughter's bequest.

If you're really on board with the notion that Andy Dalton was a bad QB because his teammates didn't respect him because of his haircut, I don't know what to say. That's stupid.

Otherwise, superficial media popularity has nothing to do with this discussion.

Thanks for that video, Lost. All I have seen over the last few days has been just quoted clips and media stoking of the angry Andy myth. 

Some of those questions were angled to get him to say something bad about Taylor, the organization, Finley, etc. He didn't take the bait. He said what would be anticipated from a 9-year starting QB anywhere who was unceremoniously benched (apparently) without prior discussions. Was he upset? One would be blind to not see that--and what flesh and blood mortal would not be? But, the emphasis he kept making was that he was here to help and contribute what he could to Finley and the team. I do not doubt he will do it. He'll worry about what he does going forward when the time comes. 

Good man.    

19 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Tampa Bay, Chicago, The Squealers, Hell, Probably Cleveland!!  I know some of you don't like Andy, but this BS that he's the worst QB in the league is just that, BULLSHIT!!  and you say it AD NAUSEUM!!

Tampa doesn't want a mediocre, turnover prone QB, they already have one. Chicago has Mitch, once again a younger version, they want an upgrade..not Dalton.

If you really think that Pitt and Cleveland want Dalton you're even dumber than I thought.

I don't think there's much of a market for a starting QB position in the NFL, he's a good backup. Jon Kitna 2.0

I wouldn't rule Chicago out as a trade destination for Dalton in the offseason. Trubisky is still on a rookie contract and Dalton's is cheap by veteran starting QB standards. The Bears don't have a first round pick due to the Mack trade but if we're willing to take a 2021 2nd or 3rd, it could make sense for both sides.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

You also realize that the original point was that NFL players decide to respect their QB vis-a-vie his hairstyle. And that was followed up by him saying that he no longer respected a man that he knew well because he wore a "My Little Pony" hat once at his daughter's bequest.

If you're really on board with the notion that Andy Dalton was a bad QB because his teammates didn't respect him because of his haircut, I don't know what to say. That's stupid.

I said his staff did not respect him, not me. 

You have completely missed the point of the subject. Various people here have noted agreements with my statements - again, they are not for me to say whether they are dumb or not - merely saying this is how a lot of people are perceived in the world, from "Walmart women" to celebrities. It is a reality, that is all. I used to have a similar argument with a guy on another Bengals board - I said the team was going to lose badly this year because i was a realist not because i was a pessimist. They guy just could not see the difference. 

A locker room is like any other work or group environment - pettiness, jealousies, love, hate, respect, lack of respect, opinions, etc. etc. And little things matter and they matter more when the situation itself is not healthy. So little things would matter more in say the Bengals locker more so than the Pats. 

I know it was just pre-season, against players of dubious skills, but I remember being impressed by Finley. The thing I really liked was his mobility, and having the good sense to elude would-be sackers, something Dalton seemed oblivious to. And Finley's passing accuracy looked good, too. I know the odds are heavily against it, but how great would it be if Finley proved himself a capable NFL starter and Cincy could spend that coveted high, high draft pick on something other than QB.

3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Tampa doesn't want a mediocre, turnover prone QB, they already have one. Chicago has Mitch, once again a younger version, they want an upgrade..not Dalton.

If you really think that Pitt and Cleveland want Dalton you're even dumber than I thought.

I don't think there's much of a market for a starting QB position in the NFL, he's a good backup. Jon Kitna 2.0

You know I was going to light your ass up, but i thought about it and just said to myself, Bless his little heart!!shipping oops GIF

3 hours ago, Duluoz said:

I know it was just pre-season, against players of dubious skills, but I remember being impressed by Finley. The thing I really liked was his mobility, and having the good sense to elude would-be sackers, something Dalton seemed oblivious to. And Finley's passing accuracy looked good, too. I know the odds are heavily against it, but how great would it be if Finley proved himself a capable NFL starter and Cincy could spend that coveted high, high draft pick on something other than QB.

He seemed to get the ball out his hand quickly and accurately. 

He's the guy Taylor wanted so let's see what he can do.

11 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

LOL. You know zero about me as I do you. I will let my employees decide if I am an effective leader, not you.

You are right except you have tried to let us know how successful you are and how you know all about leadership.  Frankly, I don't know you beyond what you say on this board.  As far as this thread goes you have painted a terrible picture of a guy with a huge ego.

10 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

You are right except you have tried to let us know how successful you are and how you know all about leadership.  Frankly, I don't know you beyond what you say on this board.  As far as this thread goes you have painted a terrible picture of a guy with a huge ego.

All I got from that story was that some dude had the balls to wear a goofy hat to make his kid happy & his ankle-biting coworkers got their tiny peeners all in a knot over it.  Kudos to him for putting his family ahead of the fickle opinion of a bunch of insecure nobodies.  Sounds to me like they were confusing respect with envy, which is why they were looking for any excuse to try & tear him down.  I'd think normal people would find it funny & of course give him some good-natured shit about it.  Anyone who'd have a real problem with it isn't worth worrying about.  That must be an incredibly toxic workplace. 

16 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Some of you dont read on here.  You just take what you want, pull the negative out, so you can carry on with your narratives.  I stated twice that i wasnt on one side or the other or that i wasnt sure if it was right or wrong, just observed that it mattered.  As far as Andy's hairstyle goes, is he going to be judged, sure he is.  People get judged for being depressed.  People judge everything.  Certainly not the reason for him playing bad or not being respected.  I believe he's respected very much as a man.  As a football player, based on his skill set, that's another debate.  That goes beyond the bias of this little forum.  I mean they have devoted whole shows to the way Cam Newton dresses.  I realize that espn and other media outlets are looking for content and it seems silly at times, but its a real thing, thats why they do it.      

31 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Some of you dont read on here.  You just take what you want, pull the negative out, so you can carry on with your narratives.  I stated twice that i wasnt on one side or the other or that i wasnt sure if it was right or wrong, just observed that it mattered.  As far as Andy's hairstyle goes, is he going to be judged, sure he is.  People get judged for being depressed.  People judge everything.  Certainly not the reason for him playing bad or not being respected.  I believe he's respected very much as a man.  As a football player, based on his skill set, that's another debate.  That goes beyond the bias of this little forum.  I mean they have devoted whole shows to the way Cam Newton dresses.  I realize that espn and other media outlets are looking for content and it seems silly at times, but its a real thing, thats why they do it.      

Cam Newton is a whole different thing.  He dresses and acts weird.  It's normal for WRs to leave Carolina and take shots at Newton.  Where else do you hear that?  They had to ship out Steve Smith because he wouldn't stand for Newton's behavior.  Sure, the media talks about how he looks, but his teammates only care if he can play, and if he is with them.  Newton used to be able to play, but it has always been a question if he was a good teammate.

Back to Dalton...sure if he was the FNG folks would notice the hair and have bad first impressions, but the guy has been around a long time.  No chance the players and coaches give two shits about his hair, they care about his play and how he is in the locker room.  Total foolishness.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

All I got from that story was that some dude had the balls to wear a goofy hat to make his kid happy & his ankle-biting coworkers got their tiny peeners all in a knot over it.  Kudos to him for putting his family ahead of the fickle opinion of a bunch of insecure nobodies.  Sounds to me like they were confusing respect with envy, which is why they were looking for any excuse to try & tear him down.  I'd think normal people would find it funny & of course give him some good-natured shit about it.  Anyone who'd have a real problem with it isn't worth worrying about.  That must be an incredibly toxic workplace. 

Actually our work place is a very positive one and a productive one. You, like a few others here simply fail to get the point. You mention that "normal people would find it funny...". Define normal? What you (or I) see as normal may not be so for everyone else. My point is about human nature and how people act and react, not about how I think they should act and react. If you study human nature, you will be surprised at how, as Darwin put it, Man still bears the lowly stamp of his origins. 

Archived