ITS OVER - DALTON BENCHED

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Actually our work place is a very positive one and a productive one. You, like a few others here simply fail to get the point. You mention that "normal people would find it funny...". Define normal? What you (or I) see as normal may not be so for everyone else. My point is about human nature and how people act and react, not about how I think they should act and react. If you study human nature, you will be surprised at how, as Darwin put it, Man still bears the lowly stamp of his origins. 

For someone who thinks he is such a leader you seem to have a low opinion of people in general.  Yes, there are some who are as superficial as you describe, but most are much more than that, especially if you hire well.  You paint a bad picture of your workplace if your employees are that superficial. 

6 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

For someone who thinks he is such a leader you seem to have a low opinion of people in general.  Yes, there are some who are as superficial as you describe, but most are much more than that, especially if you hire well.  You paint a bad picture of your workplace if your employees are that superficial. 

Where did I say I had a low opinion of people?

21 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Fair enough.  JS it sounded really petty.

image%20(78)_1.png?itok=oYga24PH

I don't disagree, it is VERY petty, but it is what a lot of people get involved in. So we have to be cognizant of it and deal with it. These types of things used to frustrate the hell out of me, until I figured out more about how we all 'operate'. 

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Where did I say I had a low opinion of people?

"My point is about human nature and how people act and react, not about how I think they should act and react. If you study human nature, you will be surprised at how, as Darwin put it, Man still bears the lowly stamp of his origins."

I said it.  This quote is why.  Maybe you are a great guy and a wonderful leader, but the impressions you give through these comment aren't good as far as I'm concerned.

I find most people are underestimated and capable of much more than they are given credit for.  Darwin is a famous biologist and evolutionist.  Making him a psychologist is a stretch in my opinion, but it certainly is popular to do so.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:46 AM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Roger that on politics. 

But yes, the hairdo shit, etc. is real. And interesting. For the record and not bragging but I have very high IQ, run various businesses for over 30 years (current business is larger than the Bengals organization so I know my business talk) and it is amazing what the everyday person will talk about, judge about, be influenced by, etc. I have studied human nature as a parallel to my business career, it is fascinating. Current thinking is that around 65% of employees are not 'engaged' in their job. They do their job but not to the best of their ability or for the betterment of the job and company. This is why leadership is so critical in the world today. You have to engage your employees and you have to get them to buy into your mission and vision. If they don't, their effectiveness drops off and that spreads through the organization.

This is why many of us here know that nothing will change in this organization until changes are made at the top. Regardless of how much ML or ZT WANT or TRY to change the culture, if the players know the front office will not be accountable to winning that will permeate throughout. The Bengals are a classic example of this. Mikey thinks he can just put a bunch a players on the field and he can be competitive. Does not work that way. The best and successful organizations have a clear and defined mission that everyone knows about, understands, agrees with and drives towards. In those organizations, the laggards stick out and are weeded out. In organizations like the Bengals those that want to win stick out and are eventually cut down, usually in frustration. 

I don't discount alot of what you are saying with regard to corporate culture here, however I would very much doubt that Andy Dalton's haircut has nearly as much influence as you seem to think it does.

48 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

"My point is about human nature and how people act and react, not about how I think they should act and react. If you study human nature, you will be surprised at how, as Darwin put it, Man still bears the lowly stamp of his origins."

I said it.  This quote is why.  Maybe you are a great guy and a wonderful leader, but the impressions you give through these comment aren't good as far as I'm concerned.

I find most people are underestimated and capable of much more than they are given credit for.  Darwin is a famous biologist and evolutionist.  Making him a psychologist is a stretch in my opinion, but it certainly is popular to do so.

The Darwin quote merely addresses the fact that most of us act in an often 'tribal' or 'primitive' way due to our origins. Humans, most of them, are capable of much more but a lot of that capability is blocked by their environment and/or their own refusal to learn and grow. 

18 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I don't discount alot of what you are saying with regard to corporate culture here, however I would very much doubt that Andy Dalton's haircut has nearly as much influence as you seem to think it does.

Yes I was mocking just a bit but what tends to happen in these situations is something along the lines of - two players may be privately discussing someone like Dalton and maybe they are bemoaning the fact it is not quite the leader they hoped he was and he panics under pressure; then one might add "and that dam hair" which becomes a pile on item leading to a drop in respect. Conversely, Brady may have a wacky hairdo but his players will just say - who cares, he wins Super Bowls for us; and it is laughed off. 

So Andy's doo by itself may not be of any consequence but on a team struggling for leadership and direction it can be a flash point for some. Silly? Yup, but it happens. 

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Yes I was mocking just a bit but what tends to happen in these situations is something along the lines of - two players may be privately discussing someone like Dalton and maybe they are bemoaning the fact it is not quite the leader they hoped he was and he panics under pressure; then one might add "and that dam hair" which becomes a pile on item leading to a drop in respect. Conversely, Brady may have a wacky hairdo but his players will just say - who cares, he wins Super Bowls for us; and it is laughed off. 

So Andy's doo by itself may not be of any consequence but on a team struggling for leadership and direction it can be a flash point for some. Silly? Yup, but it happens. 

A more likely scenario.

The hair does make him look like the Frisch's Big Boy though. :lol:

Just to add my two cents, I had an old co-worker that is married to one of support staff for the Bengals. This person is always in the locker room and would tell his wife stories about the team. Being that his wife and I are big Bengals fans we would spend company time discussing the team and she would share the stories with me.

One particular story was about Andy being disrespected by Pacman after a tough loss. Basically, Pacman was going after another teammate because he felt like they were responsible for the loss and Dalton tried to play peacemaker...Pacman told Andy to STFU and Dalton just had this stunned look on his face. Whit asked Andy if he was going to stand for that and Andy did nothing.

If the leader of the team is going to let a punk like Pacman disrespect him in front of the whole team he's going to lose his teammates respect.

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Just to add my two cents, I had an old co-worker that is married to one of support staff for the Bengals. This person is always in the locker room and would tell his wife stories about the team. Being that his wife and I are big Bengals fans we would spend company time discussing the team and she would share the stories with me.

One particular story was about Andy being disrespected by Pacman after a tough loss. Basically, Pacman was going after another teammate because he felt like they were responsible for the loss and Dalton tried to play peacemaker...Pacman told Andy to STFU and Dalton just had this stunned look on his face. Whit asked Andy if he was going to stand for that and Andy did nothing.

If the leader of the team is going to let a punk like Pacman disrespect him in front of the whole team he's going to lose his teammates respect.

smart guy, I wouldnt say anything to thug like Pacman, who knows what he would do to me. you cant fuck around with thugs. not because they are dangerous but because they are morons with guns.

5 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Any stories on the vibe of the locker room now?

1 hour ago, dimster said:

smart guy, I wouldnt say anything to thug like Pacman, who knows what he would do to me. you cant fuck around with thugs. not because they are dangerous but because they are morons with guns.

He had the o line there, if he would have stood up Pacman they would have definitely had is back. Let's say Andy got into with Pacman, don't you think Zeitler and Whit would have his back?

If you're the franchise QB you don't take any shit from anyone, especially someone like Pacman Jones. It's that swagger and alpha dog mentality, is what Dalton is missing.

2 hours ago, dimster said:

Idk that sounds pretty dangerous to me. Nice dog whistle, though.

Archived