ITS OVER - DALTON BENCHED

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Admit it...you're a Bronie!  🤣

my little pony popcorn GIF

Back to the topic...

I still go with they are taking a look-see at Finley to see if they can survive with him for a year or two before taking a first round quarterback.  If so, Chase Young, come on down.  If not, Tua, perhaps the safe bet, or trade down for Herbert or Barrow.

Andy traded after the season.  Finley has a longer term contract and is cheaper.

Not impossible Andy returns if Ryan goes down or really stinks up the place. Or they do want to showcase him for a draft pick.

Do we do the patented dumpster dive and go after a failed qb with po-ten-tial?  Mariota, the guy from Ohio State who has not lived up to expectations in Washington?

Enquiring minds want to know.

And as amusing as the personal shots are, that kind of thing quickly goes down hill and gets ugly.  JMHO

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Woah now, there has to be a line somewhere.  

Actually ran into one of those dudes on an airplane.  Had a wife and everything.  Looked over and saw him watching My Little Pony videos during the flight.  His wife gave me one of those embarrassed smiles.  There are some odd folks out there. 

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Actually ran into one of those dudes on an airplane.  Had a wife and everything.  Looked over and saw him watching My Little Pony videos during the flight.  His wife gave me one of those embarrassed smiles.  There are some odd folks out there. 

They had a documentary about them on Netflix.  Looked like they had a lot of sex with skinny, ugly geeky girls and each other.

Jar Jar Binks Shrimper is a Brony.  

23 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

He had the o line there, if he would have stood up Pacman they would have definitely had is back. Let's say Andy got into with Pacman, don't you think Zeitler and Whit would have his back?

If you're the franchise QB you don't take any shit from anyone, especially someone like Pacman Jones. It's that swagger and alpha dog mentality, is what Dalton is missing.

Adam Jones should have NEVER been on this team. He is a dangerous violent piece of shit. Andy Dalton is a football player, not a gang banging piece of garbage like Adam Jones. 

Demanding Andy Dalton, husband, father and role model stand up to a piece of shit like Jones is a joke. The fact that Mike Brown and his worthless cunt daughter signed him to a contract is all you need to know about those fucking scum bags. 

They also drafted Joe Mixon, another piece violent worthless pile of crap.  Fuck everything about Mike Brown. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Adam Jones should have NEVER been on this team. He is a dangerous violent piece of shit. Andy Dalton is a football player, not a gang banging piece of garbage like Adam Jones. 

Demanding Andy Dalton, husband, father and role model stand up to a piece of shit like Jones is a joke. The fact that Mike Brown and his worthless cunt daughter signed him to a contract is all you need to know about those fucking scum bags. 

They also drafted Joe Mixon, another piece violent worthless pile of crap.  Fuck everything about Mike Brown. 

Um..ok...if only Andy had your same fire and passion.

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

Dude, take a deep breath.  Maybe several.   Then find me a source showing Jones has ever had anything to do with "gang-banging"?  I think we can all agree Pacman wouldn't try that shit on Whitworth because Whit would've stomped him into a stain on the carpet.  Is Whitworth therefore also a "thug"?   Who is allowed to be violent?

Mixon hit a woman, which is obviously fucked up, but the circumstances were not exactly good vs evil.  And I'll go ahead and say it: nobody would've given much of a shit if it wasn't a white girl.  Look at how similar (and much worse) cases around the NFL or pro sports in general have been handled and tell me I'm wrong.

I've made no secret of my dislike for Jones & I hate the way he rubbed off on DreK (not excusing DreK for his behavior by any means but what a shitty role model we gave him) but WTF do you guys think he'd do?  Pull out a gat in the locker room and shoot Andy?

I think this organization threw Andy under the bus but I still think he was too much of a Nice Guy.  Exactly the sort of inoffensive, cheap, middle-of-the-road player Mike Brown covets.  

39 minutes ago, dimster said:

what is your fucking problem with my name???? are u trying to insult me? u piece of shit lowlife. 12 years old me invented this name for my dark mage character during his Dungeon & Dragons gaming. and have been using that name for any video character that need naming and my screen name for everything for last 30 years. Dimster come from combine Dark Master.

What's your favorite D&D module?  :26:

Mine is Isle of Dread.

tumblr_otg81a9rQr1ro2bqto1_500.jpg

Andy Dalton eager for offseason trade after benching, and Buccaneers could be best option

The Bengals' longtime starting quarterback is ready for a change of scenery

•  
  •  
  •  

Longtime Bengals starter Andy Dalton was forthright in his displeasure with the team for not attempting to trade him before benching him this week, and eagerly anticipates an offseason trade, league sources said. Dalton, the second-highest passer in franchise history who is tied for the Bengals' record for touchdown passes (197), will have a viable trade market, several GMs said, and should land a second-round pick in return.

Dalton, 32, has just one year left on his team-friendly contract, worth $17.5 million next season -- less than the likes of Brock Osweiler was recently earning and a bargain for a mid-range starting quarterback. Dalton has been a model citizen and productive, though not sensational, passer, and he shined earlier in his career when the Bengals still has a solid cast of linemen and pass catchers around him. He has been healthy, is well liked around the league, and evaluators I spoke to believe he would be far better positioned than other veteran quarterback options in 2020, like potential free agents Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Eli Manning and Joe Flacco.

Tampa Bay coach Bruce Arians was very high on Dalton through his draft process, and the Buccaneers have amassed one of the better collections of receivers and tight ends in the NFL, and also have a solid offensive line. With Arians formerly retired and at a stage in his career where rebuilding with a rookie quarterback might not be ideal, several GMs identified Tampa as a strong landing spot for Dalton, with Winston struggling in the final year of his deal. Dalton, like Winston, has had issues with turnovers at times, but has also shown to be a highly functional and winning QB with some pieces around him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andy-dalton-eager-for-offseason-trade-after-benching-and-buccaneers-could-be-best-option/?fbclid=IwAR19NVmS8qcQypA2w0_lmOrT4qmHnFzLg9y7d5WO59r_7BllRnzf0H81n6o

The Titans and Bears could also be in the market for a 30-something proven veteran quarterback given the failures of their recent first-round picks. Dalton might also make sense for a team like the Chargers or the Patriots should their esteemed quarterbacks retire. Regardless, he has no future in Cincinnati and is hopeful the team engages wholeheartedly in trade talks at the combine in February, sources said, after team officials essentially sat out last week's trade deadline despite possessing a bevy of players other teams were interested in.

Dalton started all 16 games for the Bengals as a rookie in 2011 after being selected in the second round and started 16 games or more in six of his eight prior seasons with the club, barely missing a snap. He started all eight games this year for the winless club and was coming off his best outing of the season, against the Rams in London, before being benched for rookie Ryan Finley midweek.

Rookie head coach Zac Taylor, handed a poor roster that was riddled by injuries on the offensive side of the ball, always faced a crossroads at the quarterback position, with the team in need of a rebuild and Dalton nearing the end of his contract. He and his staff are very high on Finley, and with the season already essentially over, and the Bengals about to land perhaps the first-overall pick, they naturally wanted to get a look at the youngster before deciding whether to invest that top pick on a passer.

On 11/3/2019 at 7:05 PM, oldschooler said:

Andy Dalton eager for offseason trade after benching, and Buccaneers could be best option

The Bengals' longtime starting quarterback is ready for a change of scenery

•  
  •  
  •  

Longtime Bengals starter Andy Dalton was forthright in his displeasure with the team for not attempting to trade him before benching him this week, and eagerly anticipates an offseason trade, league sources said. Dalton, the second-highest passer in franchise history who is tied for the Bengals' record for touchdown passes (197), will have a viable trade market, several GMs said, and should land a second-round pick in return.

Dalton, 32, has just one year left on his team-friendly contract, worth $17.5 million next season -- less than the likes of Brock Osweiler was recently earning and a bargain for a mid-range starting quarterback. Dalton has been a model citizen and productive, though not sensational, passer, and he shined earlier in his career when the Bengals still has a solid cast of linemen and pass catchers around him. He has been healthy, is well liked around the league, and evaluators I spoke to believe he would be far better positioned than other veteran quarterback options in 2020, like potential free agents Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Eli Manning and Joe Flacco.

Tampa Bay coach Bruce Arians was very high on Dalton through his draft process, and the Buccaneers have amassed one of the better collections of receivers and tight ends in the NFL, and also have a solid offensive line. With Arians formerly retired and at a stage in his career where rebuilding with a rookie quarterback might not be ideal, several GMs identified Tampa as a strong landing spot for Dalton, with Winston struggling in the final year of his deal. Dalton, like Winston, has had issues with turnovers at times, but has also shown to be a highly functional and winning QB with some pieces around him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andy-dalton-eager-for-offseason-trade-after-benching-and-buccaneers-could-be-best-option/?fbclid=IwAR19NVmS8qcQypA2w0_lmOrT4qmHnFzLg9y7d5WO59r_7BllRnzf0H81n6o

The Titans and Bears could also be in the market for a 30-something proven veteran quarterback given the failures of their recent first-round picks. Dalton might also make sense for a team like the Chargers or the Patriots should their esteemed quarterbacks retire. Regardless, he has no future in Cincinnati and is hopeful the team engages wholeheartedly in trade talks at the combine in February, sources said, after team officials essentially sat out last week's trade deadline despite possessing a bevy of players other teams were interested in.

Dalton started all 16 games for the Bengals as a rookie in 2011 after being selected in the second round and started 16 games or more in six of his eight prior seasons with the club, barely missing a snap. He started all eight games this year for the winless club and was coming off his best outing of the season, against the Rams in London, before being benched for rookie Ryan Finley midweek.

Rookie head coach Zac Taylor, handed a poor roster that was riddled by injuries on the offensive side of the ball, always faced a crossroads at the quarterback position, with the team in need of a rebuild and Dalton nearing the end of his contract. He and his staff are very high on Finley, and with the season already essentially over, and the Bengals about to land perhaps the first-overall pick, they naturally wanted to get a look at the youngster before deciding whether to invest that top pick on a passer.

I would JUMP at a 2nd rounder. You could get your QB of the future with the 1st pick, add a RT and LB in the 2nd round, add at least one G in FA and this team will at least be competitive next year.

54 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Isn't Dalton asking for a trade kind of a pussy move? It's like he was benched so he cant handle it. I seem to recall back in the ML days he never wanted strong competition for Dalton as there was an implication he could not handle it. 

Maybe if he was in the process of proving himself, sure.  At this point the writing is on the wall.  The Bengals are done with him.  He isn't the leader of the offense anymore, so why not try to get out of this shitshow?

5 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Maybe if he was in the process of proving himself, sure.  At this point the writing is on the wall.  The Bengals are done with him.  He isn't the leader of the offense anymore, so why not try to get out of this shitshow?

I don't think it shows any leadership.Various players have been taken out of the lineup this year and some back in. It would have been better if he simply said he was supporting the players in the room and he will look at his own situation in the off season.

Having said that, I would want no part of this shit show either. 

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I don't think it shows any leadership.Various players have been taken out of the lineup this year and some back in. It would have been better if he simply said he was supporting the players in the room and he will look at his own situation in the off season.

Having said that, I would want no part of this shit show either. 

I really don't think that generally applies at QB, as far as being taken out and put back in.  Usually a sign of a coaching staff in disarray.  I guess you can hear it like you wish, but what I hear is OK, Finley is your guy, so give me a chance to play somewhere else and save yourself some dough.  Reasonable. 

12 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I really don't think that generally applies at QB, as far as being taken out and put back in.  Usually a sign of a coaching staff in disarray.  I guess you can hear it like you wish, but what I hear is OK, Finley is your guy, so give me a chance to play somewhere else and save yourself some dough.  Reasonable. 

Valid point. 

The O line started to decline in 2016 when Cedric O and Bodine were starters.  It didn't help that Jeremy Hill regressed, AJ Green and Eifert both went out.  Lost season. 

Next season Whit and Zeitler gone and its been a shit show for Dalton for three straight years.  It is hard to blame him for wanting out particularly when he started off this year with a completely new offense and without an ACTUAL left tackle, rookie left guard (who sucked) a crap right tackle, and no AJ Green or running game to depend on.   

He didn't say anything I can remember in 2017 and 18.   He is starting to look like Cam Newton, all the fun of the game seems gone.  And honestly, nobody in the locker room probably cares at this point.  The season was over before November. 

Archived