ITS OVER - DALTON BENCHED

10 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The O line started to decline in 2016 when Cedric O and Bodine were starters.

The Bengals haven't had what I'd call a good OL since maybe 2007-9.   Braham was the last good center on this team & we haven't come close to replacing Willie Anderson, our RT's have ranged from Dennis Roland to Andrews or Smith having a good day.  We've had a few great individual players since then but they've been teamed up with really bad ones.  As an overall unit they've not managed much beyond average in a long time.

A lot of people say we went to the quick/short passing game to hide Dalton's limitations but I think it had more to do with the OL.

On 11/2/2019 at 11:18 AM, UncleEarl said:

Actually ran into one of those dudes on an airplane.  Had a wife and everything.  Looked over and saw him watching My Little Pony videos during the flight.  His wife gave me one of those embarrassed smiles.  There are some odd folks out there. 

Mods, can we set a hard limit on My Little Pony references? This season is rough enough as is.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:25 PM, GoBengals said:

wait, you guys are trying to win?

for what?

tank, draft, win later.

Ok.  I changed my mind.   Bengals need to tank.  Im watching LSU vs Alabama.    Burrows MUST be in Stripes next year.     That dude is really really good.    

26 minutes ago, TeeBengal said:

Ok.  I changed my mind.   Bengals need to tank.  Im watching LSU vs Alabama.    Burrows MUST be in Stripes next year.     That dude is really really good.    

Why do the Bengals need to tank?  It's an 0-8 team, "tanking" would imply that they're capable of winning a game but choose not to...   They aren't tanking, they just suck.

Oh boy...falling in love with another one-year (part) wonder. Some other one-year guy this team drafted 20 years ago had 32 TD's his final season. And a 167.0 rating. But the line and defense sucked back then too for this team. 

Thought this Chase Young cat was everyone's fav? 

59 minutes ago, TeeBengal said:

Tua looks like Dalton.

Starting with that first unbelievable fumble deep in LSD territory... untouched, can't blame that on his ankle

or O Line and going all the way to choking in the big game.

Oh, I want Ed Orgeron for our next head coach.

Nothing agains Zac.  I'm still on his bandwagon.

Maybe Offensive coordinator and asst head coach.

But I would love to hear Orgeron' post game interviews. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Oh boy...falling in love with another one-year (part) wonder. Some other one-year guy this team drafted 20 years ago had 32 TD's his final season. And a 167.0 rating. But the line and defense sucked back then too for this team. 

Akili didn't suck due to lack of talent, he sucked because he didn't want to put any effort into learning his craft at the pro level. There were red flags everywhere in regards to Akilis work ethic (lack thereof), but the Bengals chose to ignore each and every one of them and they drafted him anyway.  There are zero issues like that with the top 2 QB's in this draft. Both are outstanding kids coming out of outstanding pro-style college system. The difference between Akili and these guys is night and day. 

Chase Young is the best player in college football...easily. If the goal is to get the very best player possible, then he's absolutely the guy.

QB's however, they tend to make GM's/owners do some really really stupid shit. (see above)

Exactly. No debate. Like I said: crapshoot. 

So I see the Tua fellow had 418 yds and 4TD's today...OK anything wrong with him? His RB had 146 yds rushing. They scored 41 points. And lost. Is that Joe...or a bad defensive day for the home team? Stretch good days and bad days over the course of an NFL season--wanna bet neither would affect this team one iota? 

12 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Exactly. No debate. Like I said: crapshoot. 

It can be somewhat mitigated by good scouting though. Which is a problem.

And Tua threw for 400+ yards on pretty much one foot today. He's just a really good kid and football player and you can tell that he just really loves the game. Tough to ask for more than that,

Burrow is just a bulldog. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

And Tua threw for 400+ yards on pretty much one foot today. He's just a really good kid and football player and you can tell that he just really loves the game. Tough to ask for more than that,

Burrow is just a bulldog. 

Good call.  Yes, he is.

Athens High School

Mascot
 0f8600a6-104d-4dec-ac62-f0bacd8ec6ce.gif.dff88546a5bed1b5389d9b7b18a5988e.gif
Bulldogs

Will be 23 December.  What a birthday present.
Graduated from Ohio State in three years before transferring to LSU.
Father, Jimmy, graduated from Nebraska, played in NFL and CFL
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

In Tua's defense, he played a hella football game and was injured.
Makes one wonder what he would have looked like if 100% and a runner.

10 hours ago, spicoli said:

A huge problem.  It's how we end up with a player like Ross - looks amazing on paper, off-the-chart measurables, and we don't have the scouts or acumen to dig any deeper than that.

20 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

A huge problem.  It's how we end up with a player like Ross - looks amazing on paper, off-the-chart measurables, and we don't have the scouts or acumen to dig any deeper than that.

I hope the same does not hold true for Noah Williams.

Remember him?

Now we know why he slid because every other team in the NFL

knew he had a hinky shoulder and wore a brace but us.

43 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I hope the same does not hold true for Noah Williams.

Remember him?

Now we know why he slid because every other team in the NFL

knew he had a hinky shoulder and wore a brace but us.

You mean the OT that's been on the PUP list since August?  The one we're already betting next season on?  

Yeah, I 'member.  🍇

8 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You mean the OT that's been on the PUP list since August?  The one we're already betting next season on?  

Yeah, I 'member.  🍇

That's the guy.

Thanks for remaining me.  Not.

But, hey, cheer up.  He and Ross will be back and turn this team around in a heartbeat

with Joe/Tua/Herbert tearing it up under Billy Price and Noah and Cordy the rocks of Gibralter

bookend tackles.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

That's the guy.

Thanks for remaining me.  Not.

But, hey, cheer up.  He and Ross will be back and turn this team around in a heartbeat

with Joe/Tua/Herbert tearing it up under Billy Price and Noah and Cordy the rocks of Gibralter

bookend tackles.

We love when all the always injured guys come back in the new year and provide "Hobs Hope" articles..then fail again to play any meaningful games.

Speaking of which, how many games and what production have we got out of the pre-season wonder Lawson? Since hid first 8 games or so in the league he has been of no consequence it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived