ITS OVER - DALTON BENCHED

10 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

"Sending a jolt to the locker room". WTF is this rubbish? Go team go!! 

And an "attendance boost"? These guys are really reaching now. 

I have to agree with those guys. The 20 people who knew who Ryan Finley was before he was drafted are probably buying tickets as I type. 

7 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Couldn't hurt. The antithesis of the first name has already been seen, and the next half of the season will show the second. 

It was beyond time to move on from both. 16 years of Marvin brought us nothing.

Dalton has no pocket awareness and lost his accuracy when he has a clean pocket.

I just want to win. It has been proven that we were not going to under those 2.

The Bengals never recovered from the embarrassment of the 2015 playoff lose.

3 straight losing seasons after that (19-28-1). And you're acting like we were "good".

I don't get it.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Let that stat sink in, folks.

Anderson won an AFC Championship game, threw for 9 TDS vs 6 into and had a passer rating of 93.5  in the playoffs. 

Dalton hasn’t won a playoff game, has thrown for 1 TD vs 6 ints and has a passer rating of 57.8 in the playoffs. 

Veteran QBs on 0-8 teams have the life expectancy of egg salad left out in the sun on a warm day and gas station sushi. 

12 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

I see LeTigre is upset his boy was benched.  Lol  Dude has no leadership skills whatsoever and the players don’t seem to respect him.  I wonder why?  Anyone who watches the games know he has no pocket awareness, he doesn’t know when to step up in the pocket nor run out of it nor can he throw on the run out of the pocket.  He gets his balls batted down more than any QB I have ever seen.  I could go on and on about him and his problems, but I am just glad Zac had the balls to make the change.  What does it hurt seeing a change?  We lose 8 more with Andy?  Lol 

Exactly.  People acting like they have never seen an aging veteran quarterback on a dead end team get benched.  Just happened to Eli ( i know hes older) and he accomplished way more than Dalton.  The team is 0-8, they moved up to draft a quarterback last year that they liked (albeit in the fourth round), they want to see what they have.  Andy didnt play well at times this year.  At times, throughout his career, he hasnt played well also.  Time to move on.  Not sure what is so difficult about it.  Everyone realizes this team wasnt playing with a full deck.  It is what it is.  

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

No, I just realize that 4th round QBs are usually 4th round QBs for a reason. Finley has  shown me nothing that makes me thing he will be special or even above average.  I don’t think Dalton is great but Finley will just be another Matt Barkley or Landry Jones. 

Point taken.  However, there are three currently in the NFL that arent doing too bad for themselves and their respective teams ( Cousins, Prescott, and Minshew).  Certainly not the norm, but you never know until you put them out there.  

Remember with the season half over only 50% of their salaries would have to paid out so that could help out any possible cap issues if traded.  Still a lot of cap space for Andy but AJ could be manageable.  With all the QB injuries I thought it possible someone might look at Andy but usually a QB value would be highest in the off season.  Shelving Andy now keeps him undamaged for next year.

Unless the Bengal's could have proved otherwise I am not sure how much value AJ really had at this point of time. 

12 hours ago, BengalBuckeye said:

Then your plant is stupid. You think if this team was winning anyone would care about Dalton’s hair. This is football and not a Power 5 company. Some people don’t respect Trump because of some things he says. The truth is he’s done more for this country in one term than Obama or Clinton ever did. You think Hillary Clinton is respected?

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

And speaking of dumb...see above. 

11 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yeah, the hair is the ONLY reason.

The f**k? First of all, you're projecting your opinion on others... You don't know if they respected him or not, and in no way did you know the reason. Second of all, fuck that nonsense macho regressive attitude.  IF what you're saying has merit, it proves nothing other than the fact that you work with a bunch of assholes and fit in perfectly.

You're liking/disliking a QB based on his hairstyle. His HAIRSTYLE. And you want to throw shade at a dude who wore a My Little Pony hat. What, it didn't match his belt? How gauche! Thank god he doesn't wear white after labor day - who could work with someone like that?? How can you respect a guy who is wearing last years Princess Luna hat?

See the source image

Let me guess, you're the Jesusy looking one.

Believe me, I was TOLD by the employees they no longer respect the guy. And i am not projecting my opinion, i am speaking to human nature. As George Carlin once said "We know how dumb the average American is, and half of them are dumber than that".  Look no further than the rag magazines and TV shows that talk endlessly about people's weight, height, hair, clothes, etc. Is it stupid? Yes. Humans should be well past this. But we are not. Sorry, far too many humans are judgmental pricks. 

Zuckerberg just spoke to a Congressional Committee and all the news sites talked about his "Roman" style hair. This shit is real.

Here is a better real life example - if you have a salesmen come to your office and he is dressed kind of sloppy and is overweight but he talks about how well he treats his customers he is far less likely to be believed than if he was in shape and well dressed. Why? perception and perception only. 

As a leader you have to be cognizant of what other people's perception and reality is. You have to understand how YOU are perceived to them. Back to Mikey. What do you think the players think of him and how he runs the team? We have heard from enough ex-players to know that answer. He is no leader, he inspires no confidence and the team reflects that. 

You should never be surprised about how much caveman still exists in humans. 

2 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

Point taken.  However, there are three currently in the NFL that arent doing too bad for themselves and their respective teams ( Cousins, Prescott, and Minshew).  Certainly not the norm, but you never know until you put them out there.  

I try to look at the scouting reports and the one thing that always seems to drive a players stock up and down the most is height and arm strength. 

Minshew was loved at Washington State. Absolute team leader but not a douche like the Hobo. Played in a non NFL scheme, 1 year wonder, didn’t have to make reads and 6-1. Total crap shoot. 

Cousin played is a pro style offense for 4 years at Mich State.  I think everyone knew what they were getting with him. Inconsistent guy, made bad decisions at times was his knocks but understood the pro game, could start immediately.  Limited upside but he disproved that. 

Prescott was like Minshew.  Ran a non NFL offense, never under center, rarely had to make reads etc.  but great teammate, leader, athletic, showed flashes of brilliance, total crap shoot. 

My feeling is we pretty much used a 4th round pick on a guy everyone knows is a 4th round talent and has little upside.  Sure most 4th round crapshoots fail but guys like Cousins usually end up being game managers albeit Cousins is a very good game manager. 

There is nothing about Finley that makes me think he is anything more than a backup or ok game manager. No flashes of brilliance or IT factor.  

8 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

And i am not projecting my opinion, i am speaking to human nature.

You are speaking to your own nature and the social norms that you exist in. As a human, you certainly don't speak for me. Your ex-post-facto justifications aside.

I guess Tom Brady is such a great QB because of his amazing hair-do.

Also, you're conflating first impressions with active misogyny. "I stopped respecting a guy I knew well because he was a good dad" is a lot different than "The salesman looked sloppy."

Would you work with a salesman who has treated you well for a long time and then suddenly not want to work with him because his shirt was untucked one day? If so, you're an idiot.

I look forward to your draft analysis in March when you help us determine who the best QB is based on grooming habits and who has the cutest butt.

See the source image

Alright everyone no fucking politics in the football forums please.  I let it go for a second but obviously that was a mistake.  The hairdo shit and dress for success stuff is actually interesting so I will let it go but keep Trump and Hillary out of here for God’s sake. (SF2 dusts off the vacation lever) 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Anderson won an AFC Championship game, threw for 9 TDS vs 6 into and had a passer rating of 93.5  in the playoffs. 

Dalton hasn’t won a playoff game, has thrown for 1 TD vs 6 ints and has a passer rating of 57.8 in the playoffs. 

Veteran QBs on 0-8 teams have the life expectancy of egg salad left out in the sun on a warm day and gas station sushi. 

Yeah, I did see King Kenny play (and could he play)...sorry, wrong sport. 

Yours is a bit of a non sequitur. All of the playoff stuff is another matter...the simple and concrete fact, is that AD is still the second-leading all-time passer in franchise history. If HerbertTuaBarrow reach that lofty height, then God bless him.  

Archived