Catfish Comments on QB Situation

6 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I just don’t understand a sacrificial lamb. To what end did they need to identify and assign blame on Dalton, if that’s what they even did?

At 0-8 and circling the drain, national punchline, new HC rapidly losing control...  It reeks of desperation.  

53 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

At 0-8 and circling the drain, national punchline, new HC rapidly losing control...  It reeks of desperation.  

Since when did our front office do ANYTHING to save face?

We can’t have it both ways: “the Bengals do things only for money, they don’t give a shit about their fans!” or, “halfway through we are winless, people are questioning our coaching change, etc; let’s prove to them that we hear them and bench our ‘franchise quarterback,” not both.

15 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Ok, the Browns sell tomorrow for $3 billion and the new Russian owner makes us great.  Humor. 

Think the Blackburns would sell?  Seems possible to me, down the road a ways.

:offtopic:

My guess is Zac wanted his own QB from the start & the timing was right.   If so we'll be plugging another rookie into basically the same offense next year 💩

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 11:03 PM, Catfish Bob said:

First off Finley. 

This guy played high school basketball too. Scored 37 points in one game not missing a single shot. Basketball skills transfer great to football. Simple basketball drills are great ways to measure a football players or anyone's ability. One thing for instance. I always noticed the most "clumsy" or mistake prone guys on my football teams were also the same guys who couldn't run while dribling a basketball to save their life.  So Finley being a solid b-ball player tells us he could possibly have some extra skills that a football only guy might not have. 

Dumb. Finley sucks.

So, wrestling fans, riddle me this...

I still don't think we will get the first pick in the draft.  True to Bengal form, they will screw it up.

But just for gits and shiggles, lets say they do and do the right thing and draft Chase Young.

If Tua slides to the third round or we get an extra second rounder, even, should we take him

as a developmental project?  PUP him and let him have the year to rehab and learn the system

and personnel?

So we hit the 2021 season with the top rated player in this year's draft and a fresh quarterback who

would have been a top 3-4 choice this year?  2021 draft big O linemen to put in front of him.

Whattaya' think, Vern?

9 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I still don't think we will get the first pick in the draft.  True to Bengal form, they will screw it up.

But just for gits and shiggles, lets say they do and do the right thing and draft Chase Young.

If Tua slides to the third round or we get an extra second rounder, even, should we take him

as a developmental project?  PUP him and let him have the year to rehab and learn the system

and personnel?

So we hit the 2021 season with the top rated player in this year's draft and a fresh quarterback who

would have been a top 3-4 choice this year?  2021 draft big O linemen to put in front of him.

Whattaya' think, Vern?

No. We need someone more like Lamar Jackson who can put up 45+ points a game otherwise we are wasting our time and have no chance of winning the the division. 

34 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

No. We need someone more like Lamar Jackson who can put up 45+ points a game otherwise we are wasting our time and have no chance of winning the the division. 

How about we draft Chase Young and he knocks your BFF, Lamar Jackson, out of the NFL when he takes off and runs?

45 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

If the Bengals had drafted Jackson, he wouldn't be an MVP candidate. He'd be running for his life and hoping for better coaching. Same thing if we'd taken Mahomes or Watson instead of Ross the year before. Playing for Andy Reid or John Harbaugh has helped those players greatly. There isn't anyone on the Bengals having a better season in 2019 than they had in 2018. So we currently have the opposite of development. 

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

If the Bengals had drafted Jackson, he wouldn't be an MVP candidate. He'd be running for his life and hoping for better coaching. Same thing if we'd taken Mahomes or Watson instead of Ross the year before. Playing for Andy Reid or John Harbaugh has helped those players greatly. There isn't anyone on the Bengals having a better season in 2019 than they had in 2018. So we currently have the opposite of development. 

Solid comment. We have had a lot of regression. This staff blows chunks. At the very least the coordinators and position staff need an overhaul. I could see the Inbreds trying to save face by keeping ZT but replacing most of the staff. 

1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

Yeah the dumbass Bengals would've had him trying to become a receiver like they were with driskell. 

The days of the slow drop back QB are over.  Dude is going to completely change offensive theory. 

easy to defend , when they do the option play you just wipe out the qb and say i thought he kept it. 

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

and personnel?

Whattaya' think, Vern?

What "system"? Whose "system"?

2 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Yeah the dumbass Bengals would've had him trying to become a receiver like they were with driskell. 

The days of the slow drop back QB are over.  Dude is going to completely change offensive theory. 

Yeah, the Patriots and Tom Brady suck now.  One of the reasons Jackson is doing so well is defenses are ill equipped to deal with him and the Raven's offense.  Defenses are built with more DBs and fewer LBs.  You need more LBs to deal with Jackson and all those TEs.  I would expect to see AFC North teams (except the Bengals) load up with more LBs to counteract what the Ravens are doing.  Everyone thought the Rams were geniouses last year.  Let's see how defenses react to this new offense before we crown it the new thing.  Anyone remember the run & shoot?

Keep hitting that crackpipe, Bob.

10 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Yeah, the Patriots and Tom Brady suck now. 

I know it's news to no one - but I was watching them vs the Cowboys - Brady has a RIDICULOUS amount of time to throw back there. Even Dalton would win games with a line like that. It still baffles me that more coaches don't start with building a great line FIRST.

Archived